Gates - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gates

Re: Gates

Sgt. ******* has my support and his response to the entire fiasco has been outstanding and should be commended. I would be glad to have a beer with you any day. No need to go to the White House for one.

Well, unfortunately you guys are finding out who your friends are. More importantly than that, the benefits of situations like this is that they expose wolves in sheep's clothing. I'm impressed with the way Cambridge PD is backing up the sergeant involved (James *******) and how forthcoming the media has been with information. Disappointing is Governor Deval Patrick's and President Obama's (the wolves') handling of this situation. As for Harvard scholar Henry Louis Gates Jr., if the university had any class they'd fire his racist butt and vote republican next time!

Your brothers and sisters on the west coast (California) support you!!!

Sgt. James *******

We Feel For You Brother!

I just learned that a meeting will take place on Thursday with Obama,Gates and Sgt. *******. Please be careful brother. The fact that Obama has already admitted he considers Gates and friend and he is biased makes me believe this is a lose-lose situation for the Sgt. Please stay strong, it must feel like you have the entire law enforcement community on your back, and truth be told you do. However I believe the law enforcement community also has your back. I don't know if I would go to the WH without backup, after all you are the only one without an attorney and Obama is making this a publicity stunt and Gates stated he expects an apology....You do what is right for you, I have been in this business a lot of years, an innocent man never confesses, he will go down fighting regardless. Just stay true to yourself, you will be fine. Good luck to you in all your endeavours.
    PS, if your union should back someone for mayor, have it posted here and I will gladly donate to the fund.

HEY SARGE TAKE A SMALL TAPE RECORDER WITH YOU IF YOU DO DECIDE TO HAVE A BEER WITH THOSE TWO RACISTS.

Sarge,

There is NO WAY IN HELL I would share a 40 oz. of Old E, or Colt 45 or ANY other malted beverage with either of those two racicst a$$holes! For the first time in my 14 year career I am embarassed to be an officer of the government that answers to such a shit-bag excuse for a president. I am, however, extremely proud to walk the thin line with you and consider it an honor to share this profession with such a good cop!! For the sake of all of us ( I mean the country....not cops ) DO NOT apologize for your actions. That ass has made his entire living writing about slavery (400 years behind the times) and other black/racist studies. He is the only true racsist that was present on his front steps that day.

God bless and please reconsider sitting down with those two. They are NOT worthy of your presence!!

So many of you state you support Sgt *******'s actions yet you haven't even considered whether or not he acted in accordance with established case law. As LEOs you should read or know the controlling law before you start supporting a rogue action by an individual with an inflated ego Commonwealth v. Mulvey, 57 Mass. App. Ct. 579 (2003 disorderly conduct case law). A link to the case law is below:

http://masscases.com/cases/app/57/57mas ... html#back5

By the reading of these posts I can understand that most of you do not care about what the law actually says but by what you believe it should be. Bad, bad, precedent to set for LEOs.

http://masscases.com/cases/app/57/57...579.html#back5

I support Sgt. Crowleys action. The actions in the case you highlighted and those that occurred with Henry Gates are vastly different. You should re-read the courts opinion and you will see that ******* took appropriate actions based upon the events as they were occuring.

Yes
    Even the non LEO's in Florida back YOU
    NOT that amateur in washington!

In response to Guest. I commend your efforts for engaging in an intelligent conversation commencing with your reading of the case law. You state the situations are vastly different but you do not state factual issues as to how they are different. In actuality the cases are similar in all relevant aspects: 1) the LEOs in MULVEY as well as ******* both had a legal basis for being at the private property 2) the charge at issue is disorderly conduct in private property 3) as in MULVEY's case there was no evidence (save hearsay by *******) that anyone was disturbed by GATES' conduct and 4) just as the judge commented in MULVEY, that the Sergeant could have just left the injunction at the residence after identifying MULVEY so could ******* have left the scene after being satisfied that GATES was the homeowner. Remember ******* stated twice in his report that he believed GATES was the homeowner even before ******* stepped inside the house. I respect your opinion on supporting ******* if you so choose but the case law my friend does not. I have read the case law many times before and it hasn't changed. This was an attitude arrest and most LEOs will fess up to it albeit not publicly. "Guest" what is at stake here is not an issue as to whether we like one party more than the other, rather the issue at hand is whether a LEO followed established case law or not.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast