Gates - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gates

Re: Gates

I have never been so embarassed or ashamed of my president as I was yesterday when I heard his outrageous comments about the situation. I however was never so proud as I was watching your union reps stand up in unity to defend your Officer today , thank god your agency has a backbone to stand up to these politicans. Now go vote your mayor and governor out ! The president wont be getting any re elections votes from anyone in my agency - God bless and keep up the good work !

To Sgt *******,

Thank you for saying what you felt and not backing down. Our unit talking about your situation today and all of us are in support of you. Keep your head up and held high for you did nothing wrong. Apparently as smart as this professor is, he apparently isnt smart enough to understand that the action he took had the consequences an opposite and equal reaction. I really wish your State Attorney/District Attorney didnt drop the charges. I have read many, many articles from many, many different websites and I am still in support of you. Make law enforcement proud, as well as your agency, though I'm sure your Chief is about to pass out and hopefully he will make a statement (if he hasnt already, I cant find anything) that he supports your decision to make an arrest! Good job sergeant!

Polk County, Florida

Quote Originally Posted by Your kidding me .com
    ATTENTION ALL STAFF :
    SUBJECT: Policy change to dispatchers

From now on, when reporting a call, the following information must now be included:
    The occupation, race, community stature,if the person has President Obama's phone number, and you must now phone the residence of all burglary calls and ask the person breaking in the window if they live there.
    I said the same exact thing!!! That is great.

First and foremost....do we south Fla cops love the internet or what!!!!
    Secondly and on a serious not, I am a retired leo with more then 30+ years on the job. I am also fortunate enough to teach criminal justice at a local college. In today's class ( yes I teach Saturday mornings) we devoted much of the class to Sgt. ******* and the arrest. I copied and distributed the arrest report and also the activity log for the Cambridge PD that day, to show that Cambridge is not a bedroom community and that it has its share of crime including violent crime ( in fact you had a shooting earlier in the day ). Sgt, you will be happy to know that the class, made up of white,Hispanics and African-American kids, all, without a doubt overwhelmingly supported you and your actions. I asked them to write letters of support and mail them to your ( giggle) Mayor, but if you know college kids, that may not happen. But I was happy to see outright disgust on the part of my students, one black student called Gates an embarrassment and he was ashamed by his actions. Anyway, I Wanted you to know you have a great deal of support and as soon as our brothers and sisters learn how to use LEO affairs , they will post their support as well. Press on!

The joke about us Florida leo's and the internet may have some legs. I am retired from the Tampa Police Dept and would also like to add my support to Sgt. *******. I believe that the Sgt. went above and beyond in trying to deal with this situation. Sgt, you should be promoted or retire early from up north and come down here to sunny Florida. It looks like you would have a lot of cops that would be honored to work for you. I just hope that unlike some departments, yours will continue to back you. Good luck, stay strong and you really have thousands of brothers and sisters that will cover your back. God Bless.

Well even though everyone here would like to see Sgt. ******* stand up for this situation, including myself, he has told the media that he regrets making the arrest, only because of all the attention that it has gotten.

I don't know about you, but with that, and the mix of the charges being dropped almost immediately, this whole situation will tarnish the integrity and respect that everyone single one of us has maintained. I'm sure there is more nonsense where this came from. I was hoping to have heard something a little more positive come from *******, but it sounds like we are in for a rough ride gentleman. To put it lightly, with this President, we are f---ing screwed!

I read the report and it fits all the elements, well written. I see the race card used often, it's sad that this even made it to the white house. I have thick skin and probably would have just walked away but, I totally understand. There is only so much we can take. This profession is a easy target for the media and idiots like this guy.

Glad your department united and stood up for the Sergeant.

Yeah, I read the report also, it was very descriptive. They also wrote a supplement from another Officer that was on scene. That makes it sound like they were prepared for the aftermath (CYA, if you will). I was watching CNN discuss the incident at the "round table" with people that are of course, qualified to tackle these issues (sarcastic), and there was 1 (obvious republican) that stood up for Law Enforcement. He was bringing up great facts like "Why is a small city police incident being sent all the way up to the President? Why is the President addressing these situations in a press conference? There are more important things to discuss then a minor incident coming from such a silly crime. He also made another good point that "If the problem with this incident is because the man is black, what about thousands of other "black men" that get "hasselled" by the Police on a daily basis? Why is Obama not bringing up that in a press conference around he nation?

Anyway, I still have yet to hear an apology from our's truly to all LEO's... I feel offended about his wording at the conference, and I think that he needs to stand up and address the ones that protect HIS A$$ and all the American people's A$$ just as quickly as he did defending his "brotha" That's all I have to say!

Obama sure has a great circle of friends.... Racists like Prof. Gates, Rev Wright and Domestic terrorist Bill Ayers.

I wonder who else may pop up in the coming years?

In 2012, FORMER President Obama can sit back with Jimmy Carter and compare notes.

That just goes to show who the real minorities are...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast