3 open positions??

3 open positions??

Is it true that 3 positions opened up?

Any word if this is true, and if so, if they've been filled yet?

Thanks.

Re: 3 open positions??

soon to be four once MB gets back from Vegas

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Say it aint so? For what?

Quote Originally Posted by forealson?
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Say it aint so? For what?
    what say u now ?

I know this topic is old, but DBPD sent a bulletin to the Police Academy I attend in Avon Park (2.5+) hours away advertising several open positions and willing to hire non-certified recruits......

-Sarrazin

There are 13 positions that need to be filled.

dont do it Sarrizan this place sucks. if yoy dont trust my opinion ask some of the cops who work for neighboring agencies. And if you dont trust them check out some of the prev posts on this site. Everything you hear here is the truth. this place is the worst.....

Wow! These ridiculous posts amaze me. I'm tired of sitting back and reading nothing but negative comments on this site. This place does not suck. Further from the truth.

The City is having difficult economic issues and over the last 15 years, this is the worst I've seen. But as far as the other 12-13 years...I've made some great money, the City went from a merit based pay for performance to a step plan, which when the economy is healthy will give an employee a 5% annual increase (nearly guaranteed unless you are a real loser), take home cars, every piece of equipment you need paid for and bonuses for college/university degrees. They paid for my bachelors degree entirely and I can see that coming back as soon as the market turns the corner. Plenty of extra details and a real nice 12 hour work plan with every other weekend off.

Some of the recent negatives have been health insurance costs but those have been passed onto every employee in the city and not just the PD.

Do other agencies offer better...some do, of course. But, do you want to be challenged with real police work? Nobody here can say that we don't have plenty of crime and other activity to immerse yourself into.

If you are interested, investigate for yourself by looking at the long term picture and decide for yourself. Usually, you find sour apples on this site because the good cops usually don't waste their time reading the negative.

Save Yourself/Veteran Officer

Save Yourself: Thanks for the information. I wont be applying anyway as I am not qualified (I don't meet the 60 college credits and am a tobacco user) plus my living/relationship circumstances prohibit it. I wish you the best!

Veteran Officer: Thank You also for the information. I think most cities around the state are hurting right now. Where I live in here in Highlands County, we are hurting pretty bad to. Eventually I want to leave this rural area and relocate to the Broward/Palm Beach County Area. I do not graduate until the end of June and will take the state exam in July so I still have plenty of time to explore options in the Southeast Florida Area. Good luck to you also and I hope things get better with the city!

-Sarrazin