PURCHASING - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: PURCHASING

Member LEO Affairs Rookie

Re: PURCHASING

I concur....nasty

Quote Originally Posted by Curios George
    It is only natural to act reserved around a stranger and to be friendlier around a friend. Give it some time... Once you continue to go in there and show a positive attitude, the girls will get to know you and feel more comfortable around you. Then you will get the Happy McGreeting that you are looking for :wink:

Some could say the same about me. There are so many new people in our agency, sometimes I feel like I am visiting at another agency. Then when someone walks up that I know, the smile is there and the conversation follows.

Remember, respect is earned over many opportunities while associating with someone. I think you are expecting too much on your first date

I appreciate you trying to make me feel better on this George. Let me clarify that I do not need someone to be friendly to me or to give me a Happy McGreeting. Professionalism should occur regardless of one's emotional state or personal feelings. I also do not necessarily need them to respect me, because they do not know me, however their behavior should be respectful. This is not a matter of me wanting them to act like they are my best friends, just me expecting them to be courteous.
    WE are expected to treat all citizens the with respect, professionalism, and courtesy regardless of race/age/gender/height/weight/occupation/our level of familiarity with them, etc. Why should our civilian support staff not be expected to do the same with us?
    Again, policy states "Be courteous, civil and respectful to his/her seniors, associates and other persons, whether on or off duty..." This is all I expect, I don't expect them to fall in love or make out with me! Jeez...

Why is it that some people never have a problem iner-relating to other human beings and yet other people always have problems relating with other human beings?

I am going to go out on a limb here but maybe the common denominator is ATTITUDE, PERCEPTION nad DELIVERY!

Member LEO Affairs Rookie

I still say that they can be nasty...to a point where they feel that they are "untouchable" should you complain.

I have had issues in the past in which they would get involved in L.E. issues or decisions...for example...such as telling me what equipment I need or do not need etc. I took issue with that, and I POLITELY, PROFESSIONALLY, AND with ALL DUE RESPECT, tried to explain to them that they really don't know my job, and what I need and do not need is really of no concern to them.

WOW!! I must have struck the big ego nerve! I have since been blackballed. Meaning, that if I have a reason to go there there, they are in no big hurry to help me out, and if things get ordered, the paperwork tends to "get lost" and have to be re-ordered etc. interesting......Now, I will admit things have gotten better....but they tend to run hot and cold...

Quote Originally Posted by Paparazzi LEO
    Why is it that some people never have a problem iner-relating to other human beings and yet other people always have problems relating with other human beings?

I am going to go out on a limb here but maybe the common denominator is ATTITUDE, PERCEPTION nad DELIVERY!
    I don't have problems relating to other human beings, in general or at this agency, its pretty much just those two. I don't even have a problem with Angry Joe. I usually just crack a joke and he lightens up.

Why can't you guys just open your mind to the idea that just because they treated YOU nice doesn't mean they treat ALL of us that way? I didn't start this post. I responded to someone else who also felt they were treated unfairly. If it were one person making these claims, then I could see your point, but there are many of us.

You guys make me puke. You're citing policy that says you should be nice to each other. Some agency.

How about being respectful and kind to coworkers?

Must be some great PR and policing your sheriff preaches. How do you treat the public?

I'd kick everyone of you in the butt if I was the sheriff and heard this crap. Grow up, all of you, including Purchasing.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    You guys make me puke. You're citing policy that says you should be nice to each other. Some agency.

How about being respectful and kind to coworkers?

Must be some great PR and policing your sheriff preaches. How do you treat the public?

I'd kick everyone of you in the butt if I was the sheriff and heard this crap. Grow up, all of you, including Purchasing.
    Well... you are not the Sheriff. You lost the election so move on with your life.

Had you won the elction we would have a lot more things to complain about :lol:

I agree with the poster about attitude. I find it disgusting what is being said on here. I would hope you have better things to do than argue with people at a purchasing office.

Defend all you want, the majority of the rank and file do not approve of the the way they are treated by the two people in purchasing. What has MR done to address the isuue? Afterall, he only supervises two people.

I have been to purchasing dozens of times in my many years here. I have always been treated well, and I have found both of the ladies to be very helpful. In fact, I frequently call them with trivial and probably stupid questions and they always go out of their way to answer them. I don't think I'm anyone's favorite.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast