so tell us

Thread: so tell us

so tell us

so please tell us how all those city of Miami guys all those legends are changing the Miami gardens police dept.

Re: so tell us

LOL, are you kidding me? It's Miami Gardens. It's going to take a while (we just went live less than 2 years ago) for "things" to change. Although I must tell you we have made a difference and the crime rate has dropped about 20% (that's what the numbers tell). Citizens love us and the way the city is going. But lije with every agency, things are not as good as they should be.
    The first thing that we need: "WE NEED A UNION"....The staff for the most part is good about "looking out for us", but its the little crap that bother the heck out of us, but if we've had an union those little things would be address (i.e. officers getting written up for going CODE 3 on a 3-15 and going 20MPH over the posted speed limit-officer had multiple subjects, taser was deployed, etc). I mean...c'om.
    For those that use 10 codes, 3-15 is equal to a 10-24...
    about 10 officers are being written up for going TOO FAST...But comes October we will vote for an union...so hopefully this will be addressed.
    Chief and Deputy Chief are good guys, but there is a HUGE buffer between them and patrol and sometimes they are not well informed...

How do they know how fast you are going when driving code?

Yes for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by guest 100
    LOL, are you kidding me? It's Miami Gardens. It's going to take a while (we just went live less than 2 years ago) for "things" to change. Although I must tell you we have made a difference and the crime rate has dropped about 20% (that's what the numbers tell). Citizens love us and the way the city is going. But lije with every agency, things are not as good as they should be.
    The first thing that we need: "WE NEED A UNION"....The staff for the most part is good about "looking out for us", but its the little crap that bother the heck out of us, but if we've had an union those little things would be address (i.e. officers getting written up for going CODE 3 on a 3-15 and going 20MPH over the posted speed limit-officer had multiple subjects, taser was deployed, etc). I mean...c'om.
    For those that use 10 codes, 3-15 is equal to a 10-24...
    about 10 officers are being written up for going TOO FAST...But comes October we will vote for an union...so hopefully this will be addressed.
    Chief and Deputy Chief are good guys, but there is a HUGE buffer between them and patrol and sometimes they are not well informed...
    Couldn't have said it better.

You guys have something good going. No place is ever perfect, and you won't please everyone all of the time. But seeking a Union is a BIG MISTAKE. They don't do anything for you except collect your dues. You stand a better chance to make things better if you make the administration aware of your legitimate concerns. Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by Guest 777
    You guys have something good going. No place is ever perfect, and you won't please everyone all of the time. But seeking a Union is a BIG MISTAKE. They don't do anything for you except collect your dues. You stand a better chance to make things better if you make the administration aware of your legitimate concerns. Good Luck

Mr 777 is a fool. There is nothing one employee can do make an administration do right unless they have deep pockets and sue. But a union has to be listen to. Without a union and a contract, they can cut your pay without you being able to do anything about it. Example, the bosses at Miami P D are not members of the bargaining unit, and they just took a big pay cut, and nothing they could do. The union members had NO pay cuts, gave up some benefits, but no one was laid off as the city threatened. Start your own FOP lodge. The FOP is the only national police organization. But YOU, the members, run YOUR lodge. Having outsiders looking out for your interest gets you nothing. Why? They have nothing at stake not being members of your dept. Congrats on the job your doing. Your making the brown gown clowns look like the caca that they are.

Re: captain Suarez

Does Captain Suarez still work for Miami Gardens? He alledgedly has been seen frequently in uniform having lunch with all his Miami Police buddies in The City of Miami. Is he lost? Or better yet, is is campaign political season in the City of Miami? Vote for Frances Suarez as our next Miami Commissioner!!!!!

One thing you can say about Ralph is that he's consistent. He was never in the City of Miami when he worked there.

He's now doing the same in Miami Gardens.