Rivas case settled out of court
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rivas case settled out of court

According to the NDN the Rivas case has been settled out of court. WOW!!!! unfreakingbelievable

Re: Rivas case settled out of court

Even giving consideration to the fact that this was a record setting settlement time-wise, I am disappointed that the THI is still not completed, nor any updates provided. More complex crimes than this are successfully completed in no time compared to this. Lab results in fatalities don't take this long. This really does not look good; the S.O should be giving some basic explanation of why it's taking so long.

Why does the NDN keep saying that KH has been a THI for 7 years?

KH HAS NOT been a THI for 7 years!!!

MAYBE 4 years at most...

But just because you been to the school does not mean you know how to do something.

As far as the settlement, who ever settled with Tracey's mom was a fool. Tracey's mom lived out of state, had nothing to do with Tracey or her grandaughter and still has nothing to do with her grandaughter. Tracey's mom was just after some quick cash so shame on whoever paid her anything! That money will not be used for her grandaughter but only for herself.... how foolish to settle anything at this point!

The reason why the THI report has not been released is because KH is trying to figure out how she is going to prove anything without taking measurements!

Post Removed

I have been following this in the NDN and on this site. Just wondering, since there was a fatality, was blood drawn for a BAC, and if so, what were the results? Since it is required by law I thought it would have been mentioned by the newspaper.

I'm confused. As a retired CCSO deputy and a former Traffic unit supervisor/T.H.I. why have you all missed the obvious. It is a mandatory state law that ALL accidents (with a serious injury or death) that all drivers will submit to a blood/urine or breath test. If refused you can physically hold the individual down to obtain the sample.

If the T.H.I. failed to obtain the sample he/she is neglegent. The results of the findings are also public record and the T.H.I. only has a certain time period to complete the investigation and report their findings to the state. Extensions can apply under extreme circumstances.

In any event this case should already be completely investigated. It appears to have been a no brainer.

As for the CCSO investigating this case it was a bad choice. You can state all you want that Dr. Rivas's association/ contract employment has no conflict of interest with this case, but if you look at the psychological records he holds on past and present agency members, that is quite a bargaining chip for the no charge finding of his sons current possible criminal charge situation. I'm not accusing Dr. Rivas of this but the appearance of the possible impropriety screams out to anyone who knows what his role with the CCSO Is/was.

The Sheriff or Lt H.M. should have deffered this case to F.H.P. If they had no one on duty someone should have contacted an F.H.P. supervisor and explained the situation. It blows the mind to think how many supervisors (SGT, Lt. Field Supervisors,Traffic Supervisors, T.H.I.) must have been on this scene and no one said "Lets think about this before we work this one.

On a final note I know that the Naples Daily News monitors this site so when are you going to ask the necessary questions of the CCSO and the THI? eg...What was the Alcohol/drug levels of all the drivers concerned. If you don't report this I would say that nothing has changed and your still in bed with the CCSO. (25 years taught me alot)

The only people who feel it was not a conflict are HM, KH and the PIO. I don't think anyone beyond HM & KH know the status of this investigation. Not good.

What can we as the public do to see that this case is followed thru with?

Quote Originally Posted by ltech35
    What can we as the public do to see that this case is followed thru with?
    The family settled so they are obviosly ok with it. It's no one elses business.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast