B.S.O. taking over Hallandale - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: B.S.O. taking over Hallandale

Hey all. New to this site but I must say...it lends itself to some interesting reading. You go Scarpati and Marsha..keep up the good work!!

Having been employed by the lovely City of Choice for several years, I've learned that some things never change. Our current contract situation is just the latest in a long run of obstacles that the union body has had to face over the years. With great pride and a slight smile, it's nice to see our members FINALLY sticking together (somewhat...a 100% "no" vote would have been much better!). Personally, I've never voted "YES" for any contract despite always being fed the BS line, "OK guys- this is the best we are going to get- lets take it!" Unfortunately, our past contracts have passed with both good and bad depending on where you sat on that fence. That being said, our current contract is not bad but defintely has holes that the union body has attempted to solve. For example: A fair pay raise. An adjustment to the 25 year retirement for new employees that can't afford the 5-year buyback (currently new officers pay a 10% contribution for an 80% benefit after 25 years while the FRS gives their employees a 75% benefit after 25 years and that's with a ZERO employee contribution!) More officers not cutting back our numbers again. Better training or for most of us (any training period!!).

Bottom line- HBPD has become one of the lowest (IF NOT THE LOWEST) underpaid base salary police departments in Broward County...PERIOD!!! Look around and you will see this to be 100% accurate!! All other city police departments like Pines, Lauderhill, Davie, most recently Hollywood and also BSO, have been able to negotiate contracts during this downward economic situation. And they all got their new contracts without being forced to GIVE UP those same benefits that the City of Hallandale Beach proposed in our last face-2-face meeting. So here's the million dollar question- why can't we get a contract?

It's an insult for someone to post on this message board that we were given a "gift" of an offer when all of us know the real truth. A few have already responded to that line of BS which I applaud loudly!!! We are all aware of the current economic situation facing not only the City of Choice but our entire great country. That being said, sometimes it boils down to principal and fighting for what you believe in and not settling for less than which we deserve (that could be an entire discussion in itself on this message board as way too many good people here have sold themselves out to the Dictator...aka TM...just for a promotion or a position or for whatever reason they used to justify). Having attended many of the so-called "contract negotiations" between the City and us, one thing remains the same and has not changed. THE CITY, ELECTED OFFICIALS, AND OUR CHIEF do not support their own police department!! PERIOD!!

The evidence speaks for itself and reads like a long list of shitty toilet paper. Many of these issues have already been published on here. Our most current evidence occurred during our protest when the union members took personal time to let the general public know what's really going on in Hallandale! The facts speak for themselves: read the literature, do some research, count the number of officers Hallandale put through the police Academy in the last 2 years before this new group of 6, look at how many officers have left this agency, ask around how many officer have been denied training OVER AND OVER AGAIN because of LACK-OF-MANPOWER!!!! And whose fault is that?? The zone unit patrolman...I DON'T THINK SO!! But who suffers? I'll give you the answer....that same officer! However, certain officers, Sergeants, and staff find a way to get approved time off for their schools & training...makes you go HYMM?? Do I smell favortism?? No...that does not occur in Hallandale right?? That's a direct violation of those General Orders that govern our every action.

So what do we do? I'll give you the direct answer. 1) Come to work and do your job with integrity 2) Stand together and fight the City Commission, City Manager, Chief of Police and anyone else that gets in our way because this is OUR CONTRACT, OUR RETIREMENT, OUR LIVES.....NOT THEIRS!! We are the one's putting on the uniform and going 10-8 as police officers...not them! Although our Chief rose through the Rank and File and should be admired for that....he has since 4got where he came from! If he didn't, we would not need these discussions. So to you Chief, YOU ARE WRONG!! WE (and that means all of us) did not stage the protest and go knocking door-2-door just for money! There's so much more than that. If you just spent some time reading these posts and listening to your officers and actually cared about them and their families (AND NOT JUST ABOUT YOURSELF AND YOUR SELECT GROUP OF INSIDERS) then maybe you could understand it's so much more. And more importantly...do something positive about it!! Now that's a dream right?

To my brothers and sisters....we do this thing alone. Without the backing of our own Chief! We stand alone and fight until we get what we deserve!!! It's that simple! No settling for a contract that is insufficient! Be prepared for a long drawn out battle but rest assured...we will not break until we get a fair and reasonable contract offer...

B safe!

I would just like to say "Bravo". TM needs to take the last post and put in the Sun Times when he retires. Let the city know how good of a chief he really is! I don't know who wrote it but DAMN it was nice. :cop:

I too applaud the poster. I'd love to meet him / her in person and shake their hand. Very nicely worded.

I'm the CHIEF!!!!!! NOT YOU...MEEEE!!!!!! LOOK AT ME, IT'S MY POLICE DEPARTMENT, THOSE ARE MY CARS! YOU ARE ALL MY SUBORDINATES!!! MY, ME, MY, MY, ME, MEEE, I, ME MY, MEE!!!!!!! WHAT'S MY BADGE SAY?! WHAT'S MY BUSINESS CARD SAY, WHAT'S MY HAT SAY......CHIEF!!!!!! TWO MOST IMPORTANT JOB POSITIONS IN THE WORLD?...PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES.....AND ME!!!! YOU ARE ALL UNDERLINGS TO ME. I'M GRACIOUS ENOUGH TO GIVE YOU THE GIFT OF A JOB BECUASE I'M A SO GREAT. MAKE THE SIGN OF THE CROSS, IN THE NAME OF THE FATHER, AND THE SON, AND THE HOLY......ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT AIR YOUR BREATHING...IT'S MINE!!! I ALLOW YOU TO HAVE IT. AND YOU OWE ME. CHIEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sociopath
    I'm the CHIEF!!!!!! NOT YOU...MEEEE!!!!!! LOOK AT ME, IT'S MY POLICE DEPARTMENT, THOSE ARE MY CARS! YOU ARE ALL MY SUBORDINATES!!! MY, ME, MY, MY, ME, MEEE, I, ME MY, MEE!!!!!!! WHAT'S MY BADGE SAY?! WHAT'S MY BUSINESS CARD SAY, WHAT'S MY HAT SAY......CHIEF!!!!!! TWO MOST IMPORTANT JOB POSITIONS IN THE WORLD?...PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES.....AND ME!!!! YOU ARE ALL UNDERLINGS TO ME. I'M GRACIOUS ENOUGH TO GIVE YOU THE GIFT OF A JOB BECUASE I'M A SO GREAT. MAKE THE SIGN OF THE CROSS, IN THE NAME OF THE FATHER, AND THE SON, AND THE HOLY......ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT AIR YOUR BREATHING...IT'S MINE!!! I ALLOW YOU TO HAVE IT. AND YOU OWE ME. CHIEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i've met the Chief on a few occasions and I have 2 say, he does do that alot, like everything he talked about in Hallandale belong to him. Sadly he is also very condescending of everyone else, which in my experience makes for a terrible boss. i hope things get straightned out here and the businesses start to pick up. maybe going to the Sheriff's department wouldnt be a bad idea if it saves money. i think the city manager blows money left and right on things that don't have any fiscal return, which contributes to the lack of funds, why doesnt the commission step in and do something?

You simply must try the Brie with a fresh loaf from Panera. They wont charge you for it if you go in uniform.

Dont forget to turn your dash cam off.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    You simply must try the Brie with a fresh loaf from Panera. They wont charge you for it if you go in uniform.

I DONT GET IT. IT SOUNDS LIKE SOME INSIDE JOKE, BUT NOBODY HERE WAS IN ON IT. LEARN COMEDIC TIMING DOOCHE.

I DONT GET IT. IT SOUNDS LIKE SOME INSIDE JOKE, BUT NOBODY HERE WAS IN ON IT. LEARN COMEDIC TIMING DOOCHE.
    And you dont like it when people call you stupid.

Brie is a cheeze that goes well with Whine. This place is a brewery.

Nice Post, Deputy Chief.
    Another fine show of your lacking leadership skills. The thing is, you're not funny and you're not witty. When you make these comments at work, people only smile out of obligation. But your jokes are dumb.

"AND YOU DONT LIKE IT WHEN PEOPLE CALL YOU STUPID" ??? WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? HAVE PEOPLE BEEN CALLING YOU STUPID? WE ALL KNOW WHAT BRIE IS, BUT U DIDN'T MENTION THE WHINE PUN, U TALKED ABOUT A LOAF AT PANERA. EVEN THOUGH THE WINE/WHINE BIT IS MEDIOCRE, YOU COULD'VE PLAYED IT OFF IF IT WAS IN YOUR FIRST POST. COMING BACK WITH IT IN STUPID CONDESCENDING EXPLANATION IS IF EVERYBODY ELSE IS STUPID AND NOT BECAUSE U TOLD THE JOKE WRONG IS...WELL, STUPID. SO, ON BEHALF OF EVERYONE, WE'RE SORRY FOR CALLING YOU STUPID, WE KNOW NOW THAT YOU DON'T LIKE IT.

BY THE WAY, YOU BREW BEER, NOT WINE, SO THAT JOKE SUCKED TOO, STUPID.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast