the current state of FWC - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Re: the current state of FWC

Gill netting and fire hunting are crimes that, for the most part, have gone the way of the Dodo bird. One very good reason why those type of cases are not made as much is because there are very few people overall still committing such crimes. It's like moon shining back in it's heyday versus now. Sure, it happens but it's not as prevalent as before and our efforts need to directed towards the future of Florida and the crimes that are on the uptick. We need to do things to bring us out of the shadows of law enforcement and in contact with the majority of the tax paying public. Believe it or not, there never have been good old days and if we continue to act as if there was we will continue to fall behind.

Let the landowners patrol their own land and have them call dispatch for complaints like everyone else. Stop wasting time trying to catch guys with their nets in the water. Instead, on while on normal patrol go and find their nets and destroy them. Be where the public can see you and interact. Educate. Compliance may be boring but the resources get protected we're there when the general public needs us. Do what brings money into the agency.

Arrow Re: the current state of FWC

To the above posting guest, that could be or it could be you are not out after 1700 to see the other violations. Because the fact is those cases are still being made. As far as letting the land owner do their own patrol and calling in complaints. Well that would be the diference between reactive patrol and proactive patrol. Only question I the land owner is the violator, who is call the complaint in??

To the guest above that, you dont have to thank me but is good to be claimed at the top of the retard pole. Makes me think I might have a promising future in the agency.

Quote Originally Posted by AsICIt
    To the above posting guest, that could be or it could be you are not out after 1700 to see the other violations. Because the fact is those cases are still being made. As far as letting the land owner do their own patrol and calling in complaints. Well that would be the diference between reactive patrol and proactive patrol. Only question I the land owner is the violator, who is call the complaint in??

To the guest above that, you dont have to thank me but is good to be claimed at the top of the retard pole. Makes me think I might have a promising future in the agency.

Ok, This is kind of odd but I agree with part of your statement AsICit. I don’t know where Guest’s is from, but yes, those cases are still being made, and should be.
    I also agree with your proactive and reactive statement. However, I don’t think an officer’s would cit. a landowner for any wildlife violation IMO.

To Guest, this job is not about making money for the state. I mentioned the economic impact (money) the different activity’s have on the state to illustrate where we (FWC) should be paying more attention than we are now in my opinion. The reason this is important is if that activity suffers and declines so does the money from it. Citations and arrests do not make money for the state other than for training (region 15 funds) and money we should have received for license fees.

Quote Originally Posted by AsICIt

I understand the type of cases are still made but you can't argue with the numbers. It's just not as common anymore. You and a few others seem to think our world has not changed but I assure you it has. As for your comment about not working after 1700, you're wrong. My winter months were spent working netters at night regardless of my assigned shifts. After wasting night after night to make few cases I was told to just go out and take nets like they do in the south region. After taking a few hidden nets it did not take long for the word to get back that we were actually impacting these guys. By the way, the nets were on public property and abandoned with no identifying marks. Night hunting is the same way. Sure it happens but not near as much as before. You're right though, the landowner is normally the violator or knows whats going on on their land. When we have made busts it turns into an 'options other than arrest' situation.

Acting like the world hasn't changed is like trying to ride a horse on I-10. The old days are over and none of us were here to remember them.

I hate to say it, but you're right. In a way I wish things were like they used to be for the excitement, but the fact is that it just isn't as prevelant. I've sat the roads and worked night hunting most of my career so far and the cases are good ones, but few and far between. I see the same with net cases and the manpower that is put into them. I know it still happens, but I guess the less it happens means we're doin our jobs.

What exactly do you want to do? Not work night hunting and gill netting? Do you want to just work manatee zones or boating saftey? Do you think fwc should do more "cop" work(traffic, alarm calls, etc..)? Should we focus on more marine issues and let the inland things go by the wayside.....I mean the world is changing and we need to catch up. Our job is to protect Florida's citizens and natural resources. It doesn't matter if you are working on a boat in Hillsborough or a four wheeler in Putnam, as long as you are protecting a citizen or a natural resource, you have done your job. Both sides of the arguement are correct, but you can't or won't see that.

Here is our unfortunate reality. We work for an agency....well a commission (yep, look at your badge) that hasn't provided compensation or economic relief for it's employees in 10 years. We are not progressing in a manner in sync with the ways of the world and its' changing times. We continue to struggle with job retention of officers. Luckily, a economic recession has provided Tallahasse with a bevy of persons who need a paycheck to survive.They are more than willing to fill all of the empty positions (Once that real estate market and economy turns around, let's see how many stay). We are rooted in tradition and interminable history. No matter what you do and what you say....until the fwc of Tallahasse chooses to change.....it isn't going to matter. Your PIO is responsible for how you are viewed in your local media, give them a ring and have a serious heart to heart.

Do what ever you are doing to present yourself in a professional manner and continue to protect the people and natural resources of Florida. Quit wasting your time on what others need to do. An officer in Tampa has no concept of the amount of night hunting and gill netting that goes on every night in North Florida, and that North Florida officer has no concept of the demands and situations that Tamps officer deals on a daily basis in that urban environment.

Just a little teaser (I like to appear biased one way or the other), I personally made 3 night hunting cases during the 2008 hunting season that weren't posted on any agency website, because I was just doing what I was supposed to do. The other 2 I made during the 2008 hunting season were on the website. P.S. I also wrote several traffic tickets, gasp.

We are on the same team guys and gals, and believe it or not we can accomplish so much more if we are united rather than divided (the choice of cowboy hats, ball caps, Tilley hats or hair gel doesn't matter). Can you dig it? Can you dig it? CAN YOU DIG IT?

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    What exactly do you want to do? Not work night hunting and gill netting? Do you want to just work manatee zones or boating saftey? Do you think fwc should do more "cop" work(traffic, alarm calls, etc..)? Should we focus on more marine issues and let the inland things go by the wayside.....I mean the world is changing and we need to catch up. Our job is to protect Florida's citizens and natural resources. It doesn't matter if you are working on a boat in Hillsborough or a four wheeler in Putnam, as long as you are protecting a citizen or a natural resource, you have done your job. Both sides of the arguement are correct, but you can't or won't see that.

Here is our unfortunate reality. We work for an agency....well a commission (yep, look at your badge) that hasn't provided compensation or economic relief for it's employees in 10 years. We are not progressing in a manner in sync with the ways of the world and its' changing times. We continue to struggle with job retention of officers. Luckily, a economic recession has provided Tallahasse with a bevy of persons who need a paycheck to survive.They are more than willing to fill all of the empty positions (Once that real estate market and economy turns around, let's see how many stay). We are rooted in tradition and interminable history. No matter what you do and what you say....until the fwc of Tallahasse chooses to change.....it isn't going to matter. Your PIO is responsible for how you are viewed in your local media, give them a ring and have a serious heart to heart.

Do what ever you are doing to present yourself in a professional manner and continue to protect the people and natural resources of Florida. Quit wasting your time on what others need to do. An officer in Tampa has no concept of the amount of night hunting and gill netting that goes on every night in North Florida, and that North Florida officer has no concept of the demands and situations that Tamps officer deals on a daily basis in that urban environment.

Just a little teaser (I like to appear biased one way or the other), I personally made 3 night hunting cases during the 2008 hunting season that weren't posted on any agency website, because I was just doing what I was supposed to do. The other 2 I made during the 2008 hunting season were on the website. P.S. I also wrote several traffic tickets, gasp.

We are on the same team guys and gals, and believe it or not we can accomplish so much more if we are united rather than divided (the choice of cowboy hats, ball caps, Tilley hats or hair gel doesn't matter). Can you dig it? Can you dig it? CAN YOU DIG IT?
    Please forward your post to EVERYONE in Tallahassee.

Quote Originally Posted by fwcc ofc
    If we keep the feud alive we prolong any positive change from happening!
    Your point is well taken.

“If we open a conflict between the
    present and the past, we may lose
    the future.”

~Winston Churchhill

Bar fly @ ABT

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    What a truly enlightening and articulate response. You're so well versed in the "art of debate" that we all can learn something from you're posts. I'd like to thank you on behalf of all of us that visit this retarded forum for teaching us how to properly debate...LOL you sound like you'd be real fun to hang out with. Great comeback though, very well thought out. Oh wait...let me spell something wrong so you can come back with something else...hold on...ummmm...got it.......Dooshe...there you go.
    ASICIT must be on drugs...I frown each time I read his comments....hurts my head! I wonder if he talks like he writes? Pitiful.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567