Doing some research - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Doing some research

Anyone who attempts to go to MGPD should beware!!! I went there with several years of experience and a good track record (performance evaluations, commendations, etc.). After challenging an unwarranted reprimand, I was targeted by the administration and shuffled out of the door like it was nothing in just a few months!!! There was no IA investigation and no REAL reason to terminate me. I wasn't the first to experience that and I know I wasn't the last. All the benefits and incentives are nice, but they aren't worth anything if you don't have a sense of security and piece of mind from one day to the next. I personally know of a person there who was demoted and suspended for 60 days without pay. Who does that? Also, there is no police union there. This means officers are at the mercy of the city. Anything they have can be cut or taken away because there is no collective bargaining agreement. Whatever the city gives, you get. Whatever the city decides to take away, you just have to give it up. Just because it looks good on the outside, doesn't mean it's all good on the inside. Find and talk to some honest people over there and they'll let you know how it really is.

Re: Doing some research

Quote Originally Posted by MGPD visitor
    Anyone who attempts to go to MGPD should beware!!! I went there with several years of experience and a good track record (performance evaluations, commendations, etc.). After challenging an unwarranted reprimand, I was targeted by the administration and shuffled out of the door like it was nothing in just a few months!!! There was no IA investigation and no REAL reason to terminate me. I wasn't the first to experience that and I know I wasn't the last. All the benefits and incentives are nice, but they aren't worth anything if you don't have a sense of security and piece of mind from one day to the next. I personally know of a person there who was demoted and suspended for 60 days without pay. Who does that? Also, there is no police union there. This means officers are at the mercy of the city. Anything they have can be cut or taken away because there is no collective bargaining agreement. Whatever the city gives, you get. Whatever the city decides to take away, you just have to give it up. Just because it looks good on the outside, doesn't mean it's all good on the inside. Find and talk to some honest people over there and they'll let you know how it really is.

BUMP!! This is the truth..get away while you can..don't let the money fool you. Only people that are happy are the new guys who aren't burned out yet..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12