Speak up & get shafted it's the way of the CCSO - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Speak up & get shafted it's the way of the CCSO

I agree Jackie and could not have said it better myself. Although this all started with a negative about the problems within our THI unit, it has allowed for an opportunity to prove that this administration is not like the last. Anyone who has something negative to say about the sheriff or his chiefs has not had any personal dealings with them.

I am the first to say when something is wrong but by the same token I will also speak up when I see something right.

With that said I believe the sheriff handled the situation right. Minch over-reacted and the sheriff did not play into his knee-jerk reaction game.

Bravo sheriff for having the guts to look at all of the facts before making a decision.

Bravo Paul for being an honest cop and admitting to the truth when asked.

The only person left is Minch and with the new administration in place I only hope for his sake that he was right in protecting KH all of these years. If not, I think the sheriff will do the right thing again and do what will need to be done...

Regarding 2cents, I agree! There is no trust that if you must go higher to make a compalint about your supervisor that there will not be hell to pay. But to avoid having to go higher how about your supervisor put their ego aside for a momemnt and actually listen if one of your deputies brings something to your attention. It takes courage for a subordinate to even make such a move so show a little respect and appreciation that a member of your unit cares enough to make things better.

100% agree with the above posts. This problem continues because Lt's, Commanders, Captains and Chiefs know there are problems and don't take the steps to correct them. They need to be held accountable for allowing the problems to continue.
    The Sheriff is doing the best he can. It's hard for him to get ahead because he is always having to deal with major problems that should have been handled at a lower level BEFORE it became a headline. Sgts and Lts, start being accountable. I am not referring to road Sgts or district Lts. The problems seem to be in the specialized units. Some of them choose what they do and when they do it. Must be nice.
    I also agree that we need a way to address the problems when sadly, trust is an issue. Some people are just waaaay to comfortable in their positions.
    I think PB is just the beginning of people standing up for what they believe. But it will be people that are loyal to the Sheriff and the agency and proud of their jobs. Not meant to hurt or embarrass the agency. So yes, an internal process is needed.

for what it's worth, dang it, forgot to log in again. Yes guys, it's angelangel.
    for what it's worth, I personally have gone to the Human Relations Commission and been designated a whistle blower. I won the case against a government agency. From what I've read, PB may have a case and I would encourage him to go forward if the facts as presented are true. Also as for Rambosk, if you look, many of the PRB cases he inherited, some from as far ago as 2007. Last time I check, the Law Enforcement Bill of Rights specifically states after 180 days of inactivity on an internal affairs investigation, it is classified as moot. Therefore, anyone who's PRB hasn't been touched in more than 180 days cannot in trouble or be disciplined UNLESS there was a CRIMINAL investigation ongoing. What was JW doing while in charge of PRB? What about the former sheriff? Why can't the current sheriff move forward with those PRBs that have expired? Why can't he make decisions on his own without JB or JW right there? He's supposed to be the leader and he's not acting like one right now in my opinion.
    As for the new don't post order, I believe this is a violation of your First Amendment Rights. How can any law enforcement officer who is seeking work elsewhere, say they are close to retiring, and want to post their resume on a site going to be able to?
    I think there are many holes in the new policy from what I've read and I would encourage the good CCSO deputies and the ones who are truthful to seek out an attorney and move forward. That's the only way the place will get cleaned up for the benefit of all the good deputies out there -- and for the community. I've seen it done before where the good cops banded together and got rid of the bad cops and the chief (he wasn't a sheriff). You may contact me if you wish at tryingtofindlove@gmail.com
    Good luck. I know I'll get bashed for this, but I truly believe there are many many good deputies at CCSO. I hope you find an attorney willing to take the cases you have against the administration and not someone local.

Senior Member LEO Affairs Sergeant

Angelangel, I have no way of knowing if you posted this or someone was using your screen name so to err on the side of caution and to protect your registered screen name I edited the user to Guest. If you forget to log in please do not use Angelangel.

Thanks,

Mod 167

There is an old saying that" THE TRUTH IS BETTER THEN FICTION" Could it be that the CCSO's upper echelon and the LT from Traffic Unit are trying to do damage control because Deputy Boliek was stating the"TRUTH"
    I am unclear why he would have to be moved to GG because he posted a comment on a PUBLIC web site that is specifically there for LEO's to discuss , air or debate there feelings. Whatever happened to someone's 1st Amendment rights ? ... Could it be that the LT was about to be caught in a less then favorable light and must push the blame onto someone else since it is obvious that NO one thinks that KH is able or competent enough to work a traffic fatality?
    How sad for the young girls family that CCSO needs to save face instead of assigning this case to someone who would work it as it should be with dignity , respect and with swift justice for the guilty.

Hey Cpl. PB....keep you chin up and hold your head high, you are a good cop and a credit to the Agency. Any Deputy should be glad to work with you, I was. You spoke the truth, although maybe in the wrong forum, and then had the guts to admit it later, something you don't see all that often in this business. Although we do see the consequences all to often. Good luck in your new assignment and be safe, remember that with over 20 in you have a short way to go for your total then you can go do something else with a lot less bs associated with it.

Same here, PB. You've been here a long time and I have always regarded you as a professional. I still remember the days you worked the old booking hall.
    The only thing disparaging about the whole thing was the comments I read from your commander.....recomending a transfer to corrections or termination. .....Really? for typing a paragraph on a forum? Thanks for nothing commander.

It is funny that you mentioned that!! This same LT has been seen on many occassions hanging out downtown Naples an inebirated state, with this "phat" stinky cigar embedded in his mouth. (Removed by Mod 167. If you feel you have information that you consider to be misconduct please bring it to the attention of PRB in the proper format and not on this forum) Lt you talk about discredit and professionalism..You seriously need to check your self before you past judgement of other fellow deputies. From this day forward, LT you better practice what you preached, it may later back fire on you. Lt! FYI (Removed By Mod 167 for slanderous statement) You better lead by example..every step you make will be documented. Please adhere to this advisement. Peace out hypocrite!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Hyprocrite
    Who is Minch to say someone violated policy by making disperaging comments. Thats calling the kettle black!

He did exactly the same thing a few years ago when he thought he was going out west to be a cop. He bad mouthed this agency and all of the command staff for months on end. We all had to hear him go on and on about how bad the agency was but I guess somehow he found Christ and became a born-again deputy. Well too bad someone didn't jam paper on him. Now he wants to jam up a veteran deputy for stating what he believed to be the truth?

If I were PB supervisor I would have handled this in my own unit. There is no need to run to the chief over something like this in my opinion.

The ony one who looks foolish in this article is Minch himself in my opinion.

Good luck PB, it does not matter where they put you, you will shine because you have work ethics and integrity. And if they did not tell you I will, thanks for telling the truth. At some point the command staff will be forced to deal with the issues in STEB.

[quote="mod 167"]Angelangel, I have no way of knowing if you posted this or someone was using your screen name so to err on the side of caution and to protect your registered screen name I edited the user to Guest. If you forget to log in please do not use Angelangel.

Thanks,

Mod 167
    Sorry and thanks for protecting everyone's screen name on this site. It was me who posted those two items, but I appreciate you protecting EVERYONE. By the way, libel is the written word, slander the spoken word.

Senior Member LEO Affairs Sergeant

I know the difference.

I was only using the word in its generality and not by its legal definition.

I will be more precise in the future.

Mod 167

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast