Street Racing Raid On 4th Street Last Night! - Page 9
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Re: Street Racing Raid On 4th Street Last Night!

Who cares, we call this thinning of the herd.

Pair charged with racing had toddlers in cars

TBO.com

Published: July 5, 2009

Updated: 07/05/2009 04:34 pmTAMPA - Two people police charged with doing up to 100 mph in a race on the Courtney Campbell Causeway early this morning had a total of three toddlers as passengers along for the ride, arrest reports say.

James Maymi and Virgen Lopez, both of Tampa, were racing on the causeway about a quarter mile east of the boat ramp near Bay Harbor, reaching 90 to 100 mph, about 2:30 a.m. today, the Tampa Police Department said.

Maymi, 29, had one child 2 years old and one 20 months old in his 1990 Acura, the report said. Lopez, 23, had a 2-year-old child in her four-door, 1988 Honda, police said.

Lopez was charged with unlawful racing on a highway, a misdemeanor, and was released from the Orient Road Jail after posting a $500 bail, jail records show.

In addition to the racing charge, Maymi was charged with not having a driver license and operating an unregistered vehicle. He is being held in the Orient Road Jail on $1,000 bond, records show.

Okay I just must comment on this topic. I have worked in the film industry for many years and even a couple of fast & furious films. The drivers and and cards in those films are driven by dedicated full time professionals in controlled situations. The streets for filming are closed and safety is the number one concern.

Do you really think paul walker did the driving. YEAH OK.

The cops are right at this one. Stop the crap before someone gets killed.

The Executive Returns

LOL at some grammer and posts in this thread.

I LOVE how much Tampa Racing comes up in this thread ha.
    I made it out to gandy ONE time, Raced a corvette, Got clocked going 125+, ran, And got caught at a gas station a good 15-20 minutes later, After all was said and done, I got out of it with just a speeding ticket. (I was 16, am now 18 and have too may points on my license to get certain jobs that i have applied for. Didnt think of that while i was out being dumb and driving stupid.)
    That's all it took for me to never want to go back out there. Its really just not worth it. I feel bad for the people that are actually there just to hang out with other friends though, Because believe it or not that's what half of them are there for. I like coming out and hanging out with other car enthusiasts, And its a shame theres stupid people still trying to race out there. Keeps me from coming out, Which i wish wasnt the case.
    And another thing, I also think that there should be something done as far as late night racing. (Open the track for something like a midnight and later race thing or something cool like that)
    I cant say I never have street raced, And still dont (At the right place and time) now and then, But come on....When you know damn well causeway gets raided daily why would you go out there and race.....It's a good way to ask for your license to be taken IMO.

ok, place excuse my typing i tend to type kinda fast, and typo a few words..

got it street racing is dangerous, im not saying that it is, and im not saying that im clean also.. out of integerity i've done 3 rolls, but they were not done in residential/business areas. i personaly feel that if you race in those areas your AN IDIOT and you deserve the full punishment of what the law has to offer, but i do not agree with that people who is doing the right thing should by punished. i see alot of cops posting saying you shouldnt be around there if you know racing is taking place, i cant argue with that. if you know 100% strongly that there will be idiots burning out, and running each other "expectaly 2 nights in a row" find a different spot, and only invite those people that you know that only congregate, rather than doing stupid shitniz. private invites, and some by any chance you get new people showing up, let them know the rules..
    when i was living in texas we were smart about it, we went outside the city, of course on the highway, there was no traffic, and not even 30mins out from the city.and racing spectators sat off the side out in the field, and we parked our cars not by the road but like 7yards off the side road of it, while we all watched.

now the hanging out side of it, we used to hang outside of best buy parking lot, but before we did it, we talked to the manager of the store to see if it was ok, he thought about it, but being a car lover himself, he said yes. then afterwards he just went over the basics, just like your at a car show, rev'ing to a minium, no burn outs, and also no racing... the reason i gave you that example is becasue instead of harrassin the cops for doing there job, or b**h'ing about them to try and help you out, try and help yourself, by weeding out the idiots who ruin it for everyone, not saying "snitch" on them, but by other means.

Policeman/woman, curdesty, and officer presents need i say more.. wat help texas, well killeen texas for lowering there Street Racing problem, was to have a officer out there to there spots"got it in some of the posts you tried it, and idiots still raced" but you are there for the reason to minimize/eliminate that problem"officer present" just think of how many idoits you've stopped that night from racing. even tho there is always 1 or 2 idiots who will still race even tho your out there..your doing your job. if your issuing a citation, dont be an assniz about it in front on the person who is recieving it."curdesty" that will go a long ways.. how i know all this im a Military Policeman.. i cant write tickets for something i do myself, but i write them for idiots who do it by the wrong ways, and after it, i tell them take it out of the city, and off post, then i refer them to a near by"good"track..

and far as upgrades, you cant have the blue headlights?
    some new cars come equip with those upgrades, because of safety reasons. i have blue lights, because at night i can see alot better than traditional head lights"and also it looks cooler" and other cars/people can see me, it reduces accidents, not make me go fast. i own a 96 hatch with a EK front end, and a acura, both cars have the head light upgrade. only got bothered once by a cop, but when i told him the reason why i have blue light, its so that i can see better on the road, and pedistrians that pedistrians can see me.. pretty much to reduce accidents.. and not one cop every"knock on wood" pulled me over about my lights. later about my "fart can" couldnt fight that one lol^_^

obviously cops are too stupid to realize that aftermarket vtec systems are just too much for the regular track. they are limited to the 1/8th mile because its too much power, the track is not rated for that high of speeds! the only place that can handle the raw, violent vtec horsepower is the street.

Lightbulb Re: Street Racing Raid On 4th Street Last Night!

We are building no tracks for you. We will continue to hunt you down until you stop or go broke...it's your choice. Don't like it? Too bad, so SAD!!! :devil:

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    We are building no tracks for you. We will continue to hunt you down until you stop or go broke...it's your choice. Don't like it? Too bad, so SAD!!! :devil:

why do I get the idea you would do well on Super Troopers?

Quote Originally Posted by i want to be a cop so i can harrass black people....... and mexicans
    obviously cops are too stupid to realize that aftermarket vtec systems are just too much for the regular track. they are limited to the 1/8th mile because its too much power, the track is not rated for that high of speeds! the only place that can handle the raw, violent vtec horsepower is the street.
    LMAO TR is full of ricers and cry baby's GO POLICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789