Hiring - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hiring

Re: Hiring

LEAVE WRIGHT ALONE. HE IS DOING EXCELLENT AT FT. LAUDERDALE, AND MAKING ALOT OF MONEY. WHAT HAPPENED AT GARDENS STAYS AT GARDENS.

I'm done with everything now. I'm just waiting for my background to be finished. It's been a very smooth process so far. I'm excited to get to work!

Hey Guys,

I was surprised to see "Miami Gardens PD" patrolling around my old neighborhood recently, (Scott Lake area, 172nd/NW 9th Ct). Lived there from '64-'74. Graduated from Miami Norland in '68, then went to Tampa/USF, and spent 28 years in L.E. retiring in 2000 from the Hillsborough Co. SO. Lots of fond memories, but I know the area changed.....a lot. Whats with Norland and all the high fences? We used to win the "Sportsmanship Trophy" during football season, given out by MDPD!! Then I heard there was a riot there several years ago. MDPD Officer Woods, back in '64-'65 used to stop me a lot when I was doing stupid things on my Vespa, but always gave me a good lecture and never a ticket. He was a legend, and influenced me somewhat to get into law enforcement. I gave lots of young kids on scooters a break when I could, and had a great career. We loved our "Metro (that's what it was then) Dade PD."

I guess you can't go home again.

Good luck brothers and sisters and be safe.

Are you guys going to hire some of us from MPD that got lay-off? Thank you..

I've been with the county for almost 20 years. I am most impressed with Miami Gardens as a city, as a community, and as a department. You have a lot of great people from a lot of great departments. Ignore the "children" posting here; they're just cranky 'cause they have to work for a change. I look forward to having a continued good working relationship with MGPD.

Quote Originally Posted by GoDawgs
    Hey Guys,

I was surprised to see "Miami Gardens PD" patrolling around my old neighborhood recently, (Scott Lake area, 172nd/NW 9th Ct). Lived there from '64-'74. Graduated from Miami Norland in '68, then went to Tampa/USF, and spent 28 years in L.E. retiring in 2000 from the Hillsborough Co. SO. Lots of fond memories, but I know the area changed.....a lot. Whats with Norland and all the high fences? We used to win the "Sportsmanship Trophy" during football season, given out by MDPD!! Then I heard there was a riot there several years ago. MDPD Officer Woods, back in '64-'65 used to stop me a lot when I was doing stupid things on my Vespa, but always gave me a good lecture and never a ticket. He was a legend, and influenced me somewhat to get into law enforcement. I gave lots of young kids on scooters a break when I could, and had a great career. We loved our "Metro (that's what it was then) Dade PD."

I guess you can't go home again.

Good luck brothers and sisters and be safe.
    Just wanted to say that post brought a smile to my face. From a newbie to a retiree, enjoy your retirement!

I also hope the best for MGPD, they seem to have a lot going for them and have done a great job from everything I have heard and read. Congrats

Does anyone know if the department is going to be hiring soon?

Quote Originally Posted by County Guy
    I'll think about that while I'm no longer working in da hood like you guys. And as far as your funding... lets see what the future holds for you guys when your upstanding minority citizens can't pay enough on taxes to keep funding all those toys you have. Lets see what the next five years will bring I see Opa Locka future for you guys. It's all about tax base and you guys don't have it. You can polish and spray Lysol on a turd but it is still a turd.
    Hey fool. The brand new police dept. dropped crime by 20% in an area you brown gown clowns have been patroling since the county has been a county. A start up dept, with all new people who have never worked together, dropped crime by 20%, in an area you have "serviced" forever. If that doesn't make you hang your head in shame, nothing will.
    You should worry more about every part of the county incorporating to form their OWN POLICE DEPT. Can you say, adventura, pinecrest, biscayne village, doral, sunny isles. Add to that Westchester. It has a group wanting to form a city for police service. West Kendall too. And MG has the same tax base that funded you clowns. Sooner than you think, you brown gowns will be at the port and airport, and no other place in the county. I will say this, you have balls trashing a dept that is doing a much better job, than your mighty big brown ever did. But you guys have always talk a great game. And don't give me the big is better BS. MGPD has just shot that down in flames to crash and burn on impact. Kept the lysol, the only turds around here are you brown gown clowns. MGPD, don't let these county people give you any crap. When they trash you, just ask then if they know what 20% means. Congrats on a great job.

Quote Originally Posted by Lt. crotchwell
    can u please hire Lt. coughwell from miami you turned him down once can you pleaase give him a second chance.you hired all our other trash why not him
    Hey rookie, all the people they hired from other agencies, were not slugs. Comparing them to your Lt. is a crock of SH*T. Trash doesn't drop a crime rate by 20% moron. And I do not work for MGPD. Just admire the guts and hard work they are doing, that the county never did.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123