GFC's Oops FWC's Case of the month - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: GFC's Oops FWC's Case of the month

Yea, and go get your radio tech to put some more blue lights on your patrol truck and while you are at it get them to write POLICE on all five sides (put one on the top too so any aircraft around will think that you are the "real" police). You can have them take the sneak light off, you will never use that. Go and get a couple more UTC books from the admin Lt. because you probably running low. By the way I like my trailer, I'ts far enough out that most "marine patrol officers" are scared to come out.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Yea, and go get your radio tech to put some more blue lights on your patrol truck and while you are at it get them to write POLICE on all five sides (put one on the top too so any aircraft around will think that you are the "real" police). You can have them take the sneak light off, you will never use that. Go and get a couple more UTC books from the admin Lt. because you probably running low. By the way I like my trailer, I'ts far enough out that most "marine patrol officers" are scared to come out.
    I hear banjos! Glad you brought up the stupid sneak light though. Here's a tool designed for one thing. To illuminate the edge of the road for military vehicles in convoy. It was never designed to be used or implemented the way we do. It's stupid, foolhardy, and dangerous. It's 2009 and there is inexpensive technology our there to used in a much safer manner. We have night vision goggles in almost every area. If not there are grants to be written by the brass. Now you need an infrared spotlight to mount on our trucks. They're cheap. Regardless of what some believe we really can't see in the dark. Driving blacked out is the biggest danger our officers face. Thankfully it's one that's not mandatory.

Off the subject just a little? Quit *****ing, Great case by the way. Keep up the good work and both of you should try to take a second and learn BOTH sides of the job instead of being so one dimensional. Remember, we're on the same team.

[quote=Guest 6000]
    Quote Originally Posted by AsICIt
    Quote Originally Posted by "guest 6000":29a8mrvp
    size of the state of florida.... vs size of the ocean and gulf. yep way more important to worry about the little salt water fishies. Cant be as many of them in the world as animals that are florida specific.
    Yes, hunters from outside this state come here to hunt A specific type of turkey. However, a lot more presure is put on the saltwater fish than that turkey.
    Perhaps... until you look at the size of the ocean vs the size of the turkeys range and the amount of habitat destruction it is facing. Now we can keep it going or we can face the fact that all resource cases are important.... Just wish a few more officers would leave the boat ramp and try to protect the inland resources as well.
    Yes, all resource cases are important. However, Boating Safety (public Safety) trumps any of them.[/quote:29a8mrvp]
    Guest 6000,

You made a point that we all hear- way too much. Consider this, boating safety is enforced by, USCG, most coastal S. O.s, many cities, U.S. Fish and Wildlife, and numerous other agencies. There are areas where FWC does not even do boating accidents. If we do not do it- it will still get done. Now, if we don't do our consitutional duty and protect/enforce critter's laws- who do you think will make those turkey cases?? I hear FHP is hiring.

[quote=Guest]
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest 6000
    Quote Originally Posted by "guest 6000":32s74zjy
    size of the state of florida.... vs size of the ocean and gulf. yep way more important to worry about the little salt water fishies. Cant be as many of them in the world as animals that are florida specific.
    Yes, hunters from outside this state come here to hunt A specific type of turkey. However, a lot more presure is put on the saltwater fish than that turkey.
    Perhaps... until you look at the size of the ocean vs the size of the turkeys range and the amount of habitat destruction it is facing. Now we can keep it going or we can face the fact that all resource cases are important.... Just wish a few more officers would leave the boat ramp and try to protect the inland resources as well.
    Yes, all resource cases are important. However, Boating Safety (public Safety) trumps any of them.
    Guest 6000,

You made a point that we all hear- way too much. Consider this, boating safety is enforced by, USCG, most coastal S. O.s, many cities, U.S. Fish and Wildlife, and numerous other agencies. There are areas where FWC does not even do boating accidents. If we do not do it- it will still get done. Now, if we don't do our consitutional duty and protect/enforce critter's laws- who do you think will make those turkey cases?? I hear FHP is hiring.[/quote:32s74zjy]

Where the H do you think a large majority of our money comes from? NOT from the hunting side!!! Why do you think GFC made the big power grab when they were floundering and going broke? ITS THE BOATING SAFETY GRANTS STUPID!!!

BOTH AGENCIES ARE DEAD AND GONE ANYWAY! That means they no longer exist. It's like talking about dinosaurs, talk about them all you want, but you'll never see them again. Once again, learn BOTH sides of the job (being that it is your profession that you chose) and quit beating a dead horse or dolphin or whatever the F*** you wanna call it.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    quit beating a dead horse or dolphin or whatever the F*** you wanna call it.
    LMAO! :lol:

yes public saftey is important ... .so lets look at the original case.... and tell me why you have a problem with a convicted felon being taken off the street when he had a gun... unless in your manatee mind a boat is more dangerous than a gun???
    "Manatee Mind" that's cute. Anyway the original post didn't mention a convected felon. However, that is important if that was the case. As I said before ALL public safety issues.

[quote=Guest]
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest 6000
    Quote Originally Posted by "guest 6000":2nqqkzna
    Yes, all resource cases are important. However, Boating Safety (public Safety) trumps any of them.
    Guest 6000,

You made a point that we all hear- way too much. Consider this, boating safety is enforced by, USCG, most coastal S. O.s, many cities, U.S. Fish and Wildlife, and numerous other agencies. There are areas where FWC does not even do boating accidents. If we do not do it- it will still get done. Now, if we don't do our consitutional duty and protect/enforce critter's laws- who do you think will make those turkey cases?? I hear FHP is hiring.[/quote:2nqqkzna]

You hear it, as you say "way to much" because it is that important. USCG does not "Enforce" boating safety from a law enforcement stand point, S.O's very limited, Cities even more so, and S.O's also set up details and work hunting, you forgot to mention that, U.S.F.S Manatee only.
    As far as accidents being worked by other dept's, yes they do. However, there are very few of them and 99% of those are inland and do so because the old GFC did not want to and were more than willing to push it on them. Your way of thinking is what almost killed the GFC. You and any one else that thinks like you should thank the company that owns Florida Sportsman Mag. and the legislature for the merger. The merger is the only reason GFC didn't die.

Guest6000 said it right. GFC was almost dead and any attempt to run FWC like that or even have the same mentality will KILL FWC.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast