Before You Blame Lamberti
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Before You Blame Lamberti

I was checking through my email the other day and saw a message from former Sheriff Jenne. It was dated on June 25th, 2007. Everything he described that was going to happen in his email, such as layoffs and positions cuts, are ironically happening under Lamberti. It seems that this issue was imminent, as former Sheriff Jenne knew about these issues before he left. I highly doubt Sheriff Lamberti is the problem here. We should not forget he inherited a lot of the old guard and budgetary issues from his former boss. Give things time to work themselves out and trust that Sheriff Lamberti is working toward resolving conflict not only in the agency, but with the commission as well.

I do not believe anyone in his position would be able to do any better than what he has already done. In fact, he has done things in this agency that no sheriff has ever even acknowledged. We used to be "shut out" from the administration, but now we are not. We need to focus our efforts on working together as a team. We are stronger in our numbers and more powerful when we stick together. The commission is making a very serious mistake by trying to cut the BSO budget. It is a sad, but real threat against the public and public safety throughout the county.

It is imperative that the media become more responsible in their reporting and discuss the opposite side of the coin: who is to blame when the budget cuts cause the removal of public safety from our streets. Unfortunately, poor reporting and misinformation of the facts have blinded the public from what is accurate and Sheriff Lamberti got taken by storm from a flurry of misreporting. The media should focus on how the commission is going after people's safety and what that means to each and every person in Broward County. As of now, the BSO has done well in capturing many fugitives and suppressing crime at an astonishing rate. The resources that are used to do so are going to be compromised if positions are cut, therefore making more crime for the average road patrol deputy to handle.

Less investigations and undercover resources make it more difficult to combat crime, even organized crime. We certainly give the bad guys what they want when they know resources are less than what they should be. While Broward County may be inviting to all sorts of businesses, tourism, and other wonderful attributes, it will also be an inviting place for criminals to grow and prosper as well with budget cuts cutting into our resources. The media should challenge themselves to get down to the truth of public safety and what it means to keep the public safe. They should get involved with seeing the litany of programs that BSO has to offer the public and what he has done to reduce crime.

We are fortunate to have an honest, hard-working sheriff in Broward County. Having nothing else to show he is anything but this, I believe we owe to him as employees of his organization to give him the respect he is due. Furthermore, I am hopeful that the commission and media will do the same.

I wish everyone the best.

Please pray for the family and friends of the Miami-Dade Police Officer Giovanni Gonzalez, who died from a vehicle crash and will not be spending Father's Day with his one-year-old son.

Re: Before You Blame Lamberti

I see the admin staff is at it again. Thanks for the psychological twist by adding the condolences for the recently deceased LEO. You thought no one would challenge you because of its inclusion.

Nice try but you blew it when you said we are included in administration. Couldn't be further from the truth. So just where is this mystery email? Your time would be better spent preparing the Sheriff's next speech instead of trying to brain wash us here on this site.

Yeah, good point. But don't you think you might want to investigate the commissioners first? They are the biggest crooks in the County! Every time I read the paper one of them is being investigated for something. The entire government is dirty. Face it we are a future New Orleans.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    I see the admin staff is at it again. Thanks for the psychological twist by adding the condolences for the recently deceased LEO. You thought no one would challenge you because of its inclusion.

Nice try but you blew it when you said we are included in administration. Couldn't be further from the truth. So just where is this mystery email? Your time would be better spent preparing the Sheriff's next speech instead of trying to brain wash us here on this site.
    Sorry to disappoint you, but I am a grunt.

Yeah, good point. But don't you think you might want to investigate the commissioners first? They are the biggest crooks in the County! Every time I read the paper one of them is being investigated for something. The entire government is dirty. Face it we are a future New Orleans.
    The commission is not trying to do what is right for the people. They are doing what is right for themselves. Taking away safety and security from the people is a complete disregard for the welfare of others. They say no more higher taxes, but then when they do raise taxes they will use Lamberti to blame for it. It is a political game that they are doing to "frame" the sheriff for something he did not even start.

The fact is the sheriff has never, ever, ever lied to any of us - not one single employee can say they were lied to. Finally we have an honest man in office and he is being hung out to dry because he is honest. This is ridiculous. The media should be pointing their cameras at the other side and saying, "HOW COULD YOU?!?!?!"

Compare Lamberti's honesty to recent political figures going to jail in the area, and you start to see the man is telling the truth.

Anyway, just my two-cents....

P.S. - I wrote the post above this one.

#1 - there was no doubt you wrote the previous posts
    #2 - How can you make such a stupid statement as the Sheriff has not lied to anyone? Do you know everyone? I know he lied to me!!!!!!!!!!!
    #3 - I doubt seriously you are a grunt and if you are, you work at the PSB.
    #4 - STFU

How much longer should we wait for him to make changes??? Four years???? And why are all of his double-dipping buddies still here???? All of the Powertrac goons are still here too. Go back to your asslicking duties!

#1 - there was no doubt you wrote the previous posts
    #2 - How can you make such a stupid statement as the Sheriff has not lied to anyone? Do you know everyone? I know he lied to me!!!!!!!!!!!
    #3 - I doubt seriously you are a grunt and if you are, you work at the PSB.
    #4 - STFU
    I do not work at the PSB. If Lamberti lied to you then post it right here. Let us examine what he lied about and see how you came to that conclusion.

I am a grunt. I am speaking on behalf of many grunts in fact that have been highly critical of our contract.

You need to stop fighting a system of brothers and start being part of the solution. Our PBA needs to rally with the support of our sheriff because he needs us now more than ever before. This is NOT about money and we all know that. This is about the people we protect and serve everyday. When you look at the fat retirement you get - and believe me I know you earned every cent of it - just remind yourself that there are other people besides yourself that work here and want to do the same thing. We need to keep the public safe and we need to keep our numbers high enough to protect not only the public, but each other as well. The population continues to soar and with this bad economy we see more crime. We cannot go a day without a few robberies in the county, much less rapes and assaults with deadly weapons. You think this is fair for the organization to do so much shifting?

I do not agree with Lamberti on everything, but at least I have this forum that I can use because I know he reads it just as much as many other administrators. They all read this site. For once he should know that grunts like me support him and he needs to know that we will stand by his side.

I completely disagree with him when were asked to give up our raises that we fought hard for, but you know what he did not fight us back and let the contract stand. He understood we deserved it and if at the very least we can give back to him is some freaking gratitude, rather than this naysayer, arms crossed, attitude of not standing up for our organization. Lamberti is not Jenne.

How much longer should we wait for him to make changes??? Four years???? And why are all of his double-dipping buddies still here???? All of the Powertrac goons are still here too. Go back to your asslicking duties!
    Stop living in the past. That is what is so darn wrong about this place is that EVERYONE keeps reliving the past. LET IT GO! We need to think ahead and be motivated again. Our agency is under attack with false information and rumors of untruth. If you ever walk by Lamberti, you shake his hand - you tell him you support the agency and you tell him you work here and your proud. He will give you that same respect back and know you meant every word of it. He knows we are all here doing our job proudly, but when he, OUR BOSS, is being falsely beaten by the media for unrealistic issues that are omitting important things the public needs to know, then we we need to show the truth with him.

One way to do the right thing is to talk good about our organization. Lamberti has been here over THIRTY-YEARS!!!! I mean this guy has seen it all. Almost all of us on this forum board can't say we have done that much time in one organization, let alone any organization. Everyone wants to complain but nobody wants to come up with real solutions.

If there were anything I could tell Lamberti now, it would be to continue his open lines of communication with all the rungs of the organization and make it possible to be heard - he has been doing this thus far.

When I read his 411-Fridays - which I look forward to - he is "telling it like it is" and what is really going on. Stop shadow boxing about how the goons are here because if you were one of the chosen people you would not be complaining at all. I'd rather seen Lamberti have people in his command who he knows, rather than some newbie that went up the ranks and wants to send a new message by writing everybody up so he can get noticed. We need experienced people in our ranks - it is really valuable to have people with experience, especially in a public safety organization.

Powertrac is dead, done, over with - let it go. We are in a new way of life and this battle of the budget is everything right now. We need to make sure that safety is our #1 priority, and to do this we need to make sure we have plenty of law enforcement and fire-rescue doing their job, not laid off watching TV and brooding over job searches.

You must have poop on your nose.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast