Florida House Bill 57

Florida House Bill 57

In case you haven't heard yet, effective October 1st, 2009, thanks to the passing of House Bill 57, it will now be a felony to commit a crime against a Law Enforcement Explorer while on a police ride along with a police officer.

If a law enforcement explorer get battered by a suspect/subject while on a police ride along, that person will be charged with Battery against a Law Enforcement Explorer.

Just thought you guys should know. This is something that should've happend a long time ago, but better late than never.

To all those explorers that ride along, be careful and be safe. Always keep in mind, however, that you are not unstoppable nor are you a police officer. Just be safe out there, and back up the officer to the best of your abilities. Dont do anything crazy, because at the end of the day, the person responsible for your actions is the officer you are riding with.

Re: Florida House Bill 57

Glad to hear about this.... I was an explorer for Ft Lauderdale PD 1992-1995. Now in the public safety business. Be careful out there, good luck in your future careers.

I'm glad to hear about this aswell. I'll have to add it to the SOPs....when the F.S.S. comes out please post.

Quote Originally Posted by Glad
    In case you haven't heard yet, effective October 1st, 2009, thanks to the passing of House Bill 57, it will now be a felony to commit a crime against a Law Enforcement Explorer while on a police ride along with a police officer.

If a law enforcement explorer get battered by a suspect/subject while on a police ride along, that person will be charged with Battery against a Law Enforcement Explorer.

Just thought you guys should know. This is something that should've happend a long time ago, but better late than never.

To all those explorers that ride along, be careful and be safe. Always keep in mind, however, that you are not unstoppable nor are you a police officer. Just be safe out there, and back up the officer to the best of your abilities. Dont do anything crazy, because at the end of the day, the person responsible for your actions is the officer you are riding with.

Sir, with all due respect, did you beat his f---ing a--?

thank god someone did this and is it the 1st of october or the 31

THE STATUE IS 784.07
    tHE LINK IS BELOW

http://www.flsenate.gov/Statutes/ind...n%2007#0784.07

Thats good and all that the State passed the Bill.. But remember Explorers dont get ****y... If this should ever come up I'm sure th SAO will downgrade the charge to a misdemeanor. But if anyone heres of any cases out there let us know.

Quote Originally Posted by GUEST-01457
    THE STATUE IS 784.07
    tHE LINK IS BELOW

http://www.flsenate.gov/Statutes/ind...n%2007#0784.07
    its 784.07 sub section (c) i believe