EQUAL PAY FOR EQUAL WORK - Page 2
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: EQUAL PAY FOR EQUAL WORK

Why wouldn't one be able to qualify for employment with FHP that has qualified for employment with FDOT. I went through both processes, passed all tests, past the background checks, and qualified for both agencies. Both processes were exactly the same procedure, the same things went on, the same questions were asked. There were no differences at all except for the intimidation by the glorious FHP background investigator. In my opinion, all police agency hiring processes are the same for every agency. The only difference I saw was the FHP Trooper who was a background investigator made it a point to tell me and everyone else that he is an "Investigator" for FHP. I guess he was proud to have that title and not have to be a THI. I think it is all pretty standard. I have only met one trooper in my career that has been a genuine person that isn't "ate up with it." One way or the other we all hold the same certification, the only difference is the specialty that we are in. If you don't like this specialty then there is a reason you are in the one you are in. Don't step into this territory and we wont step into your. I felt good to tell FHP that I would rather work for MCCO. The Sgt was pissed and I smiled. I didn't want to be the only one that wasn't ate up with it because my job is so important "working crashed" or maybe I am just not on a power trip or an ego trip. JMO

Working Crashes it should say, sorry.

[quote=Guest]
    Quote Originally Posted by curious guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by "Red/ Blue":2lgwsa5a
    I'm glad you finished your gallon jug of Kool Aid. Most of us are proactive in our community and with other agencies. No we don't work past a certain time, but thats due to lack of man power. We dont have 2,000 or whatever personnel, we have 260 from top to bottom. We do bring alot of money to the table for the State, and go above and beyond what we are given. Unless you are in our agency you won't understand our issues. Nobody said anything about being better than FHP, but we do hold more certifications. We do want to be proactive with cars and such but we were told by our LT COL. to quit stopping cars, that they have to be a flagrent violations in and around CMV's. So just a little side note for you, we want to do more but we are being held back by the administration.
    And I was not putting you down, just stating facts. I understand how you are being held back, but if you don't do as I mentioned and start helping people and putting your good side towards the public, you will never gain what FHP has. We wish we had 2000, but road troopers count for less than 1000 (way less). We sometimes are holding 10-15 crashes and our squads are being held over to clear the backlog. I know we have different jobs, that was the point, don't try to compare your Agency to FHP. It can't be done and will only hinder your quest for more money and more respect.
    What's that old saying..put up or shut the hell up? What " facts " are you stating? Start helping people? What THE hell are you talking about? YOU are the one(s) that wanted to work crashes , whether they are holding or not. Don't come here & try to play the good guy. Oh, and respect is something one has to earn , have you? Driving around in a black & tan car doesn't mean you have anyone's respect...F A C T
    It sure gains more respect than you. Go outside and read the side of your patrol car and start acting like one. The fact is you are not FHP and probably couldn't qualify for hiring anyway. Sorry I hit such a nerve with this, it was not intended to make you mad. That letter seems to compare your agency to FHP and as the old saying goes "there aint no way". Next time you see a "black n yellow" just remember, we love you man. Come have coffee with us, we will pay for it. No offense intended and sorry for making you so angry.[/quote:2lgwsa5a]

Intended to make who mad? I'm not mad..I rather love working basically working whatever shift I want , where I want , whatever time I want to eat ,ETC , ETC. Yeah , those things really make me mad :lol: . Unfortunately you are probably the squad turd which the rest of them hate..Just relax and let some of that hot air out of your swelled head ( sorry to hit such a nerve with this ). I don't look down on any other agency or think I am soooooo much better just because you do about 1,000 more push-ups than other agency leo's. Sit & think about it once & awhile.

[quote=curious guest][quote=Guest]
    Quote Originally Posted by "curious guest":15qcv85g
    Quote Originally Posted by "Red/ Blue":15qcv85g
    I'm glad you finished your gallon jug of Kool Aid. Most of us are proactive in our community and with other agencies. No we don't work past a certain time, but thats due to lack of man power. We dont have 2,000 or whatever personnel, we have 260 from top to bottom. We do bring alot of money to the table for the State, and go above and beyond what we are given. Unless you are in our agency you won't understand our issues. Nobody said anything about being better than FHP, but we do hold more certifications. We do want to be proactive with cars and such but we were told by our LT COL. to quit stopping cars, that they have to be a flagrent violations in and around CMV's. So just a little side note for you, we want to do more but we are being held back by the administration.
    And I was not putting you down, just stating facts. I understand how you are being held back, but if you don't do as I mentioned and start helping people and putting your good side towards the public, you will never gain what FHP has. We wish we had 2000, but road troopers count for less than 1000 (way less). We sometimes are holding 10-15 crashes and our squads are being held over to clear the backlog. I know we have different jobs, that was the point, don't try to compare your Agency to FHP. It can't be done and will only hinder your quest for more money and more respect.
    What's that old saying..put up or shut the hell up? What " facts " are you stating? Start helping people? What THE hell are you talking about? YOU are the one(s) that wanted to work crashes , whether they are holding or not. Don't come here & try to play the good guy. Oh, and respect is something one has to earn , have you? Driving around in a black & tan car doesn't mean you have anyone's respect...F A C T
    It sure gains more respect than you. Go outside and read the side of your patrol car and start acting like one. The fact is you are not FHP and probably couldn't qualify for hiring anyway. Sorry I hit such a nerve with this, it was not intended to make you mad. That letter seems to compare your agency to FHP and as the old saying goes "there aint no way". Next time you see a "black n yellow" just remember, we love you man. Come have coffee with us, we will pay for it. No offense intended and sorry for making you so angry.[/quote:15qcv85g]

Intended to make who mad? I'm not mad..I rather love working basically working whatever shift I want , where I want , whatever time I want to eat ,ETC , ETC. Yeah , those things really make me mad :lol: . Unfortunately you are probably the squad turd which the rest of them hate..Just relax and let some of that hot air out of your swelled head ( sorry to hit such a nerve with this ). I don't look down on any other agency or think I am soooooo much better just because you do about 1,000 more push-ups than other agency leo's. Sit & think about it once & awhile.[/quote:15qcv85g]

Question for the trooper. You ever ask a DOT COP for his certifications? Next time you see one you might want to ask him. Don't be a hater man, you signed up for your job and we signed up for ours.

I have been reading this garbage and it is appears that if the DOT guys ever have to submit a report, I hope someone helps with the final product because most 6th graders write better. The state pays for 6 hours a semester at your local Community College. Give it a try guys, it will help.

I have done both jobs, both FHP and DOT. I can tell you without a doubt that there are very few Troopers who could do what a DOT officer does, yet most of the DOT officers I know could do what a Trooper does right now with no additional training.

The next time you are driving past a weigh station and see a DOT officer with a truck in the inspection bay pull around and join them, or better yet join them on the side of the road when they are creeping under the truck, its much more fun that way then using the pit. Ask them to take you under the truck and show you what they do, have them explain a log book to you or better yet watch a HazMat inspection. Watch a DOT officer weigh a truck, I guarantee you that most Troopers have know idea about axle weights, gross weights, bridge formulas etc. How about an over dimensional permit, would you even know where to start with a 10 axle low-boy carrying a 15 foot wide 100,000 pound excavator? Probably not!

As far as the idiot above who has been drinking to much Kool-Aid you need to give it a break. Just like FHP and every other law enforcement job, we are all unappreciated by the general public. What you and the general public obviously do not understand or realize is that every time a DOT officer takes an unqualified driver or dangerous commercial vehicle out of service they are doing a tremendous service to the citizens of this State. You write your tickets and work your crashes, wear your hat and continue drinking your FHP Kool-Aid. I will continue to do my job to the best of my ability and will continue to protect the motoring public from dangerous commercial motor vehicles and bad commercial motor vehicle drivers.

I have done both jobs, both FHP and DOT. I can tell you without a doubt that there are very few Troopers who could do what a DOT officer does, yet most of the DOT officers I know could do what a Trooper does right now with no additional training.

The next time you are driving past a weigh station and see a DOT officer with a truck in the inspection bay pull around and join them, or better yet join them on the side of the road when they are creeping under the truck, its much more fun that way then using the pit. Ask them to take you under the truck and show you what they do, have them explain a log book to you or better yet watch a HazMat inspection. Watch a DOT officer weigh a truck, I guarantee you that most Troopers have know idea about axle weights, gross weights, bridge formulas etc. How about an over dimensional permit, would you even know where to start with a 10 axle low-boy carrying a 15 foot wide 100,000 pound excavator? Probably not!

As far as the idiot above who has been drinking to much Kool-Aid you need to give it a break. Just like FHP and every other law enforcement job, we are all unappreciated by the general public. What you and the general public obviously do not understand or realize is that every time a DOT officer takes an unqualified driver or dangerous commercial vehicle out of service they are doing a tremendous service to the citizens of this State. You write your tickets and work your crashes, wear your hat and continue drinking your FHP Kool-Aid. I will continue to do my job to the best of my ability and will continue to protect the motoring public from dangerous commercial motor vehicles and bad commercial motor vehicle drivers.

So you gave up a higher paying job, cleaner environment and more respect?? Did you get fired from FHP?? You've been sniffing too much diesel fumes. I would stop and watch a DOT "COP" weigh a truck but haven't seen that for so many years, I can't remember how long it's been. You guys are a hoot.

So you gave up a higher paying job, cleaner environment and more respect?? Did you get fired from FHP?? You've been sniffing too much diesel fumes. I would stop and watch a DOT "COP" weigh a truck but haven't seen that for so many years, I can't remember how long it's been. You guys are a hoot.
    Dude , get off this site. You aren't a cop.

Quote Originally Posted by curious guest

Dude , get off this site. You aren't a cop.
    He is deff. not a cop, I figure he is one of the FHP wanna be's that walkes through Wal-Mart with the black "State Trooper" t shirt on that he bought off of cop shop. He is the one that waves to all of the cops that he sees. He wants it so bad and he just cant have it because he has some type of history. Oh well, stay away, better luck next time.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast