speed limits - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: speed limits

Re: speed limits

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    As a former NYPD cop I agree there is no comraderie in Florida but to give another cop a ticket is total BS. As read earlier an FHP cop pulled over a SWAT guy on a callout and tried to give him a ticket...I find that false, what cop would stop in his marked unit for another attempting to pull him over, NOT ME. I don't even give a verbal warning to a cop if I stop him/her. I would never give a cops family a ticket either. If the person is a real A hole then call the LEO and let them know thats as far as I would go and let the LEO deal with them. The problem is you have 2-3 year rookies teaching new recruits in the academyAnother Broward LEO

Sadly this is a true story... A FHP trooper pulled over a Tampa Swat guy on his way to a call out... Only reason the Tampa guy stopped is becasue he thought something was wrong with his vehicle.. when it is all said and done they got into a verbal argument end result is the trooper was disiplined and transferred.... Typical FHP
    A "former NYPD" hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I wonder why. You say you never even gave a verbal warning to a cop. What did you do just pull him over, walked up to him, he said he was a cop and you just got back in your car. He didn't even now why you stopped him? Maybe he is still sitting on the side of the road waiting for you to come back upto his vehicle.

YOU'RE FULL OF IT. GET REAL.

Different story when you're talking about the SWAT guy. No need to hold him up.

What we are talking about are the cops who think they can just speed and get away with it because they are cops.

Hey, "Former NYPD"...Stone Cold just made my point from my previous post for me. "Worthless!". Cops like that are an embarrasment to me, this department and to our chosen profession. The attitude of comraderie and a feeling of being part of a brotherhood larger that one's self is being systematically drained out of this job and out of the new cops coming in because we have rookies training rookies. "Badge-heavy" but "life-experience-lacking" posers! It's very dis-heartening. Not the same job anymore.

I use to be a deputy down there and know for a fact that it gets worse the further south you go. I don't know why someone would say that its the upper keys guys/gals, its the total opposite. As for camaraderie, I have heard the horror stories from around the state. In Miami-Dade its one big brotherhood & we love our brothers & sisters from Broward! Oh and yes, we've had officers pulled over in their marked police cars, by troopers up north, while heading towards LEO awards ceremonies and Memorials! Now I find that to be silly and just ridiculous.

Stay safe out there brothers & sisters

You can say that again about brotherhood (sisterhood). That word doesn't exist in their vocabulary. LOL.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234