Club RJ and Police Chief
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Club RJ and Police Chief

Re: Club RJ and Police Chief

Well, to say I'm perplexed would be a colossal understatement. A statement from agents that something like this has never happened in the past could have only come from an agent that started yesterday. It happens all the time. The article makes reference to the licensee not being involved in the violations, however, to have obtained an EO the joint investigation surely documented the "known or should have known" doctrine of the courts that recognize that the licensee is not the sole or absolute guarantor of the license but does hold that the licensee is held accountable through culpable negligence evidenced by the openess and frequency of the violations. To me, the conditions agreed to by the licensee are admissions that these violations occurred because of a lack of due diligence of his part in supervising his employees and the conduct of business within his establishment, however, the article concludes with the licensee presenting himself as the victim who is "trying to recover from the wounds he (the police chief) caused." This is the old deny the allegation and blame the alligator ploy. The bigger issue in the minds of the ABT bureaucrats is that to revoke a license is to deny the state revenue and this can be avoided at the expense of damaged relationships between a local ABT office and a police department. The embarrassment experienced by the local agents is of little concern to the pinheads in Tallahassee because they know the police chief is smart enough to know where the real blame can be found and will not hold this against the agents. Not much comfort if you happened to be one of the local agents.
    Bar fly

This should be good. If I have it straight, a local petty bureaucrat is upset with the actions of a state petty bureaucrat? Say it ain't so!!!!

License Efficiently - Regulate Fairly. Right Here. Right Now.

Move along. There is nothing to see here.

Dirty Chief Staab and Dirtier Interim Director Pender

From the Bradenton news:

Radzilowski said as much in a letter he sent by mail Thursday to Crist’s office, seeking an investigation of the professional regulations office. He called the actions of the alcohol division’s interim director Debi Pender “highly questionable.”

“I have been in law enforcement for over 38 years in Washington, D.C., and Florida and have dealt with many cases like this in my career and have never seen anything as suspicious as this,” Radzilowski wrote

Re: Dirty Chief Staab and Dirtier Interim Director Pender

What is this all about?

Re: Dirty Chief Staab and Dirtier Interim Director Pender

Here ya go. I found the story for ya Sherlock... http://www.bradenton.com/news/story/1439065.html

It turns out the Deputy Director thought to hell with due process for the public and the local law enforcement and gave the club a slap on the wrist and allowed them to reopen. Now we all know the Division has the power to a hell of a lot more but just like in many other districts, the Division gives the middle finger to the local law enforcement and public safety and slaps the wrist all the while making we agents look like sh1t to the locals, wasting our efforts and time and theirs. It is quite embarrassing, demoralizing, negligent and just plain stupid. We have retard lawyers and in the pocket leaders so what more do you want. More times than not the agents who worked the cases get harassed and berated by management, hung out to dry and made to look foolish for their efforts while the bad guy gets an apology and reopens. Our agency is corrupt and it has become increasingly apparent over the years. Not our agents but the leadership which is a bad choice of a title because they don't lead anything. You are wasting your time my friends trying to work as real cops because it will only sting you in the rear. Work your kids and do your inspections and just wait for that worthless nut sack Staab to follow the other chiefs out the door and hope the next one can bring us a few months of peace before the next lump of horse poo gets here. As far as Pender goes, she is a cancer that just won't go away. Maybe she will retire in a few years...

I disagree, there is everything to see here. Once again an agency comes to us for help with a premises that is operating in chaos, we go in and say we are doing great and wonderful things while the nuts up top undo everything and side with the licensee who is probably completely culpable. To say that agency won't hold our agents responsible is a ridiculous assertion. They may not say the agents themselves are worthless but they certainly won't call for help again and won't return any of our calls for help either. Once again these clueless people in Tallahassee (Pender/Staab) make us appear inept and impotent. I for one and tired of being embarrassed like this. I hope this chief of police and many others continue to raise hell with the Governor and the IG's office. Just maybe they will take a look and wonder what the hell is going on. I know I know, I need to wake up. Silly Rabbit, tricks are for kids.

In a law enforcement agency - actions like those alleged in the article would be unacceptable on each and every level.
    In a regulatory agency - not so much.
    The culture of ABT took generations to get where it is today. The very local and public displeasure with the way a case was handled administratively won't change that.
    Right now, somewhere in the bowels of central office a damage control session is underway.
    Some of you may remember a very recent director that attempted to market us as a law enforcement agency. Some of you may also remember when he was fired. Some of you may even remember a director that was accused of having close ties with the industry. He suffered a very public hanging as well.
    This agency can't seem to find a balance. The issue is simple. ABT agents don't need to wear two hats. Enforcement or regulation? We can do one or the other very well. We have proven we can't do both. We need to look outside Florida for a successful agency to model ourselves after. The end result for not doing so will be failure. No amount of "spin" from our award winning communications staff can change the facts. Florida ABT needs help from a progressive and visionary source. That won't be a Florida politician - past present or future. It won't be from someone inside the agency. It won't be from a career law enforcement manager. Only an alien from another galaxy could save this agency. Get your foil hats ready!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    In a law enforcement agency - actions like those alleged in the article would be unacceptable on each and every level.
    In a regulatory agency - not so much.
    The culture of ABT took generations to get where it is today. The very local and public displeasure with the way a case was handled administratively won't change that.
    Right now, somewhere in the bowels of central office a damage control session is underway.
    Some of you may remember a very recent director that attempted to market us as a law enforcement agency. Some of you may also remember when he was fired. Some of you may even remember a director that was accused of having close ties with the industry. He suffered a very public hanging as well.
    This agency can't seem to find a balance. The issue is simple. ABT agents don't need to wear two hats. Enforcement or regulation? We can do one or the other very well. We have proven we can't do both. We need to look outside Florida for a successful agency to model ourselves after. The end result for not doing so will be failure. No amount of "spin" from our award winning communications staff can change the facts. Florida ABT needs help from a progressive and visionary source. That won't be a Florida politician - past present or future. It won't be from someone inside the agency. It won't be from a career law enforcement manager. Only an alien from another galaxy could save this agency. Get your foil hats ready!!!!!!!!!

Those of you old enough to remember ABT as the "STATE BEVERAGE DEPARTMENT" need no one to tell them that ABT can't be a kick ass law enforcement agency. The demise of ABT began with the Department of Business Regulation and subsequently the do nothing, sorry assed regulatory joke of DBPR. What I say here would be validated by many old schooled Chiefs of Police, Sheriffs or any other law enforcement entity that knew us and worked with us in those times. We did what many of them couldn't do because of politics. Now, we're no different then they with the exception, we may be worst.

The Beverage Department was a law enforcement agency.
    ABT is a regulatory agency.
    It is what it is.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast