Question

Thread: Question

Question

I have a question to pose to the people on this board: What should I do if I want to take some time off, but have used ALL of my sick leave, ALL of my vacation time and ALL of my comp time? OH WAIT! I could fall out of a window and utilize workman's comp! Never mind everyone! I figured it out. :devil:

Re: Question

Work just over a year on the street (and do nothig) and get a promotion.

Go back to the street for about a year for "budget reasons" (an do nothing)

Get "hurt", get put on lite duty, dress like a slob (do nothing, sleep in CID) for 3 months.

AND GET PROMOTED AGAIN !!!!!! (priceless)

An example to the rest of us..... we should all follow suit.

discusting.

Ouch!...and here I thought the war was against admin. I guess it's down to every man for himself, so much for brotherhood. I can't imagine why you're not in CID..."lite" "discusting" ...maybe you should stick to traffic stops, and practice using spell check. Take a look at everyone's shinning example of work ethic at this department, and think twice before you decide to bring rocks to a glass house party.

Are you kidding me???? I would like to address two MAJOR issues with the last post. 1. take your own advice about "glass houses" because you cracked on the previous post for spelling, and yet you spelled "shining" as "shinning"!!!!! No double "n". If you are going to make fun of someone, make sure you don't make the same mistake ops: 2. you have to be the ONLY person in the ENTIRE department (admin excluded) that would defend that P.O.S.!!!!! Comments have been made saying, "I hope he does go back to CID so WE don't have to work with him on the street"!!!! And that has come from several different officers from different shifts. You want to talk smack about the previous post for a few misspelled words, but defend an officer that has not written ONE TICKET in three years? Has taken the same amount of reports in three years as most take in 8 to 10 months?? An officer that was caught sleeping in an office in the middle of the day while on light duty????? You have GOT to be kidding me? :evil: The only thing that I can think of is that you are seeing the handwriting on the wall and are anticipating him being promoted to Sgt soon and you are trying to get on board the lazy express? :snicker:

Okay....okay. I was going to just leave it alone, because logic doesn't seem to get much of a second thought around here anyway...but I want to clear up a few things. I was making fun of your spelling, but that's not what the glass house comment was about. It was directed at you singling out one cop who got hurt...or, as you wrote, "hurt" as if MRI's are subjective. Is this really the biggest problem we're facing right now? Really? Him sleeping on "lite duty" ? Hey at least it wasn't patrol, right. I can't think of anyone I haven't seen, or heard of falling asleep at one point. YOU must be perfect though. I bet you've never slept while collecting tax dollars, or called in sick when you weren't, or done anything "the lazy way" ....or worse. I could go down a laundry list of illegal, immoral, or just plain F-ed up things we've all seen, heard about, or done. The point I'm making is... in the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king...Look around friend, we are a visually disabled bunch. Say what you want about his ticket writing,( FHP) or report stats,( that are CAD worthy anyway) but the guy got it done in CID. As far as the "lazy train" goes, you're on it, we all are and have been for sometime now. At least be self aware about it...because right now you just sound sad and bitter. ops: