"LESS WITH MORE" Bites hard working Deputies in the #&%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

"LESS WITH MORE" Bites hard working Deputies in the #&%

I am tired of hearing this, "Guys we gotta buckle down today and cover more zones, because no one is here today." The other day we had 9 deputies filling 18 zones, and only 1 supervisor, a Cpl. to cover the entire district.

I can't tell you how many times I've herd, "Your hard work is appreciated and it is not going unnoticed."

Oh yeah? Since the same hard working deputies are constantly here, and hardly ever call in sick, how come they don't get the promotions, or even the lateral transfers, no matter how many years they put in for them? This is true of many deputies, not just one.

What's the point of me busting my hump? Why not take my time when on calls? Why hurry and finish my reports? If I come X8, another goat rope report call is waiting for me. Why not take my time investigating 8 calls, Instead of busting my hump to get 24 calls? If I take my time investigating and writing reports for 3 calls, then I won't have 6 or 7 reports to write, I'll only have 3.

"Your hard work is appreciated and it is not going unnoticed."
    SAVE IT. I DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT............ ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: "LESS WITH MORE" Bites hard working Deputies in the #&%

The leo to citizen ratio with hcso is 1.8 : 1,000 (which is kind of on the low side). This ratio is even lower for the times when the agency (specifically a district) is running at less than 100% manpower. Also this ratio doesn't account for the percentage of deputies assigned to administrative functions. It seems hcso needs more people and/or better staffing practices. Another thing to consider is the possibility of using resources from other districts if one district needs help on a certain day/night (I know this can be like asking for help from a whole different agency).

What's the point of me busting my hump?
    Pride in one's self.

The leo to citizen ratio with hcso is 1.8 : 1,000
    I think it is closer to 1.4 : 1,000. Now subtract those working in non-patrol functions and the number is much lower.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    I am tired of hearing this, "Guys we gotta buckle down today and cover more zones, because no one is here today." The other day we had 9 deputies filling 18 zones, and only 1 supervisor, a Cpl. to cover the entire district.

I can't tell you how many times I've herd, "Your hard work is appreciated and it is not going unnoticed."

Oh yeah? Since the same hard working deputies are constantly here, and hardly ever call in sick, how come they don't get the promotions, or even the lateral transfers, no matter how many years they put in for them? This is true of many deputies, not just one.

What's the point of me busting my hump? Why not take my time when on calls? Why hurry and finish my reports? If I come X8, another goat rope report call is waiting for me. Why not take my time investigating 8 calls, Instead of busting my hump to get 24 calls? If I take my time investigating and writing reports for 3 calls, then I won't have 6 or 7 reports to write, I'll only have 3.

Perhaps you should try the private sector. I'm suuuuure your new boss would be more caring about your concerns.

Right.

He should join the private sector, as many other county employees will be doing soon due to a reduction in force caused by the reduced budget.

Strange how these whiners forget how hard the Sheriff is working to prevent the loss of ANY current employees. Adding deputies at a time like this is a near miracle. Quit complaining about manpower problems when it's beyond the power of the Sheriff to do much about it at present.

:!:

Perhaps you should try the private sector. I'm suuuuure your new boss would be more caring about your concerns.
    Send the Sheriff and all the County Commissioners back to the private sector! Then let's elect some people from the private sector that know how to efficiently run a business/agency.

Government bureaucrats will never get it right.

Hey the Sheriff was out there arresting sig1s! I dont see Grady Judd doing that!

The Sheriff made 1 arrest in the past how many years? 8, 13 ?

One aresst. WhoooooooHoooooooooooooooo!!!

And, when he arrested this person, and had a use of force, why was a use of force report not completed?

Oh that's right, He's above the rules and regulations.

The Sheriff made 1 arrest in the past how many years? 8, 13 ?

One aresst. WhoooooooHoooooooooooooooo!!!

And, when he arrested this person, and had a use of force, why was a use of force report not completed?

Oh that's right, He's above the rules and regulations.
    In my quest to be a better person, I know that I should just ignore this. It is counterproductive to judge anyone.

But you sir are DUUUUUUUMMMMMBBBBBBB.

You could not be MORE RIGHT!!! The strain of the LOW MANPOWER is being felt everywhere in the office now, EXCEPT the same old DO NOTHING positions that seem to get created daily. What ever happened to good old fashioned police work, which of course starts with actually having enough people on the street to do at least somewhat of a productive job. I really don't think some have any idea just how sadly insufficient HCSO is right now in fighting crime.................with the exception of the CRIMINALS of course!! Right now TPD blows HCSO away in it's effectiveness to do the job right. They have placed their resources back on the street where it has made a difference, instead of behind a desk typing up STATS trying to show folks where all the crime is. WE ALREADY KNOW WHERE THE %^$&*$% CRIME IS and need people on the street to handle it. Way too many powder cake positions that DO NOTHING!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast