Dirty Bottom
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dirty Bottom

Dirty Bottom

When you get rank, where does it say in any class that you have ever taken that you should rule with an iron fist? What I mean is now that they PD wants stats, and we are becomming a statistic based police department, where does it say that if you don't meet the quota that the PD requires, officers are going to be punished with a new negative evaluation form. (By the way the officers don't even have an idea of what numbers the PD wants for the month other than no zeros for stats). If the threats of putting people with low stats in the lobby isn't bad enough, now we have to fear a "bad evaluation"? Yeah this is going to make me want to hussle and produce. Just go to briefings and here how crappy we are doing, that's punishment enough most nights.
    I like this department and I like the people I work with on the street level and detectives, hell I like 99% of the people at OPD, but it's lost several things that made this department fun to work at, the most important is any recognition for a job well done by anyone (except Maj. Ford who will send out e-mails) on the second floor. I can't remember the last department wide meeting we had.....not that it would work now it would fall on deaf ears, but look at any succesful fortune 500 company, the employees are taken care of and you don't hear the *****ing. Turnover is low and productivity high, isn't that what you want? We have so many good people and road level supervisors, but it seems we have totally gone away from what makes any customer service related job fun to work at. Mainley the respect for the employees. We work hard to make you all look good, and it's about time you do the same for us. We are going to continue to loose good people because of this, and we are going to be back where we were 3-5 years ago. Short handed and in the lower 30% in state for pay, with poor attitudes. I'm tired of it and want better! It's time A-1 and A-2 start showing some support for everyone here. Don't turn this into the place no one wants to come to, make it a place that the elite want to come to, we deserve it and so do the citizens of Ocala. :cop:

Re: Dirty Bottom

I agree, I like to work with everyone I work with, I enjoy coming to work and only working with THEM. The guys (gals) on the road are great everyone gets along and we laugh and play around. But if SH&* hits the fan I know that someone if not everyone will be there for me like I would be for them. But now to have the fear of god in the back of our heads about what happens after a serious situation happens and what the 2nd floor is going to do... They should back us 100% like we all back up the people on the road 100%, i know I am and will be there when Sh&*( hits the fan becasue this is the job that I love and want to do just like everyone else that works here.
    Buts its hard to do when you have to think about the 2nd floor on there reactions. Change is needed and is needed fast before we become training grounds...

I am a rookie but I see alot and I just do my job and go home and I hope everyone else goes home safe also... :cop:

I agree with you but it shouldn't be that we come to work do our job and go home. It wasn't always like that here. Guys were willing to do things on their own time. Why would you anymore unless you want a promotion, that is the way to get promoted right, using all your own time for crap or screwing people over....that goes back to the lack of integrity but that's another story.
    This used to be a great place to work but you are right we are turning into a training ground again! The only thing we have is each other on the road so listen to your radio, and restassred that if you call 10-24 brother I will be there! The rest of them can suck a rock, ans second guess from behind their desks as they usually do. The irony is that they weren't good cops anyway, and all they are trying to nail us with are the things they did so it's the pot calling the kettle black if you know what I mean. STAY SAFE!

We can just pray that things change before one of our brothers or sisters gets hurt.

and thats whats going to happen. Maybe then will the admiistration see the mistakes they are making.

Your right I just found out that another person has put in their 2 weeks. I understand her frustration and wish her the best of luck for the future. I also know that there are going to be about three more openings plus what ever we have open know.

Who gives a rattZ AZZ if you don't like stats....it shows how works and who doesn't. Do your job and you have nothing to wory about. I guess the whole idea of an honest days work for an honest days pay went out the window about 5-10 years ago when we started hiring this worthless ****weeds.

Before you start saying all these new people getting hired suck and blah blah blah, majority of you are not the brightest tool in the shed. All the people do here is B***H and moan about having to work....Just do your F***IN job and you will have nothing to worry about. Not to mention half of you who post on here make no sense with what you say.

I do my job and I do it well. I don't give a crap about stats high, low, or in the middle I could care less. Like it or not this is an open forum for us to ***** if we want to! It's funny that when we try to get something done at work no one listens, but as soon as it's posted here everyone has a comment about the ones posting. I'll bet your next response would be...."if you don't like it here go somewhere else" right? Look around you people are leaving, except the ones who can't, for whatever reason. We aren't asking for money,although that would be nice too, hell what we want is honesty, fairness, and integrity. Is that to much to ask from the people we work for? If it is maybe you should look for another job!

For the record I love my job and take great pride in what I do and who I work for, but I too deserve the very best from my employer, do you think corporals and below are getting it? NOT A CHANCE!

That last part sounds like a recent email that was sent to all personnel...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast