Carol Bass and Helen Lehman fired

Carol Bass and Helen Lehman fired

Two records clerks at the Fort Myers Police Department have been fired after they reportedly misused a classified search database to look up the backgrounds for, among others, potential boyfriends for one.

Carol Bass and Helen Lehman were both fired last month following an investigation that began in March.

According to the professional compliance internal investigation, conducted by Lt. Michael Maurer, a records supervisor was notified by one of his employees that Bass was misusing D.A.V.I.D. — the Driver and Vehicle Information Database software — inappropriately.

A log of Bass’s use of the system was pulled, and it was found that she had a “large amount of inquiries,” some even made on her day off.

Other records clerks told Maurer Bass had joined a telephone dating service. When she would receive inquiries, she would access D.A.V.I.D. and pull the personal information and photographs of those who had responded to her tele-mates messages.

During the course of the investigation, it was learned that Lehman also had accessed the D.A.V.I.D. system. Lehman said she did so for Bass, who was going on a blind date.

“For her safety, she wanted Carol to see who she would be meeting,” Maurer wrote.
    Lehman also ran the identity of the girlfriend of one of Bass’s dates because she was worried the girlfriend might show up during the date. Lehman further said she sometimes looked up co-workers to see their driver’s license pictures and also relatives.

When questioned later, Bass told Maurer, “I haven’t dated for 20 years, and all this stuff is new to me and I thought well, this might be a way to get information before I make a move.”

Both women were terminated May 21.

Bass had been employed since January 2006 and made $12.97 an hour, and Lehman since August 2000 and made $13.19 an hour.

Chief Doug Baker issued the following written statement regarding the terminations:
    “Our purpose is to provide the most effective and efficient law enforcement services in Florida. The investigations are thorough, transparent and fair. As always we welcome the media to review completed investigations by our Professional Standards Bureau. However we will not be participating in interviews to avoid any further embarrassment to the employees involved.”

Re: Carol Bass and Helen Lehman fired

Is that Marty's wife that got fired?

Wow you two little Affirmative Action snakes thing you guys are so funny! That's right WeezleNuts , and your stunt Double No-Nutz traffic girl I'm talking to you two clowns! HA HA Is that Lehman's wife that got fired! You two idiots want to attack Sgt. Lehman and his family when he's in retirement! WeezleNuts you couldn't hold Sgt. Lehman's jock strap on your best days combined, when it comes to leading troops, and having their back in the performance of their duties! I hope Sgt. Lehman gives you two losers a little love when he sees you two losers out in the street when he reads this ,because the two so-called cops I'm calling out are responsible for this post! Beware you two frauds are on my radar screen! Obviously someone in records didn't take my orientation class on Hear No Evil ,See No Evil! That's right we all know, who the new hire rat in records is ? Did these ladies make a mistake yes! Did they need to be fired No! This could have been handled in house ,with a strict suspension! This complaint didn't come from the outside, but once again from the inside from a little snot nosed new hire! Let me tell you GOB's something if you guys worked under all these polices and procedures that your implementing ,you guys would have been fired a long time ago, and a distant memory! It's about time that all of these rules get turned around on you High Horse riding GOBS , and the line is now drawn! I have my Riot helmet on , and I'm ready for battle with the Citizen Review Board , Accreditation Ride-Alongs, and your Little Camera Project! Hear No Evil, See No Evil! More to come!!!!!!!!

hey 40cent, stop you belly aching. grow a pair and man up. They deserved to get fired and chief did right thing. So WATCH OUT, YOU MAYBE NEXT!!1

Stop the crying: So what the record clerks got fired. Go and hold hands with Sgt. Incredible Hulk, and please don't piss him off so that he doesn't turn green on all of us.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeezNuts
    hey 40cent, stop you belly aching. grow a pair and man up. They deserved to get fired and chief did right thing. So WATCH OUT, YOU MAYBE NEXT!!1

Unregistered
    Hey Diggs......any of your traffic officer guilty of the same thing? Inquiring minds want to know.

If so, what are you going to do? Employees have been fired before for doing their same thing. Or does being GOOD friends with Rebecca, mean that a pass will be granted.

Also, you may need to check into their traffic guys timesheets. Seems like they are abusing work hours. I suggest you check their timesheets. Jrod should also be taken to task.
    I work 12 hours days and they have only been working half days. I will go to city hall and then news-press

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hey Diggs......any of your traffic officer guilty of the same thing? Inquiring minds want to know.

If so, what are you going to do? Employees have been fired before for doing their same thing. Or does being GOOD friends with Rebecca, mean that a pass will be granted.

Also, you may need to check into their traffic guys timesheets. Seems like they are abusing work hours. I suggest you check their timesheets. Jrod should also be taken to task.
    I work 12 hours days and they have only been working half days. I will go to city hall and then news-press
    So is somebody else under investigation for misusing DAVID?