Sun-Sentinel posts BSO employee salaries.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sun-Sentinel posts BSO employee salaries.

Brothers and sisters it appears that the Sun-Sentinel has found it necessary to post our salaries in an attempt to keep the tension between the sheriff and the commissioners at an all time high.

Re: Sun-Sentinel posts BSO employee salaries.

Its unbelievable to me how some of the citizens perception has been distorted. I'd love for a district deputy to call in sick and cause the following: "911 may I help you" "Yes I think theres someone breaking into my house!" "Sorry mam but it appears that the deputy assigned to your area has called in sick and in an attempt to save overtime we did not hire a replacement, he will not return until tomorrow." "Sorry. I will make sure that he responds when he returns." We run a 24 hour operation that supervises people and responds to people with needs. Some of these needs are immediate! And therefore the vacant positions need immediate relief... its not like we could postpone answering the citizens needs until the deputy thats off returns.

sun sentinel and its readers can S.A.D

Quote Originally Posted by toughlove
    Its unbelievable to me how some of the citizens perception has been distorted. I'd love for a district deputy to call in sick and cause the following: "911 may I help you" "Yes I think theres someone breaking into my house!" "Sorry mam but it appears that the deputy assigned to your area has called in sick and in an attempt to save overtime we did not hire a replacement, he will not return until tomorrow." "Sorry. I will make sure that he responds when he returns." We run a 24 hour operation that supervises people and responds to people with needs. Some of these needs are immediate! And therefore the vacant positions need immediate relief... its not like we could postpone answering the citizens needs until the deputy thats off returns.
    You really need to take a look at that list! There are people including non sworn that are making some big money.
    Uncle Al needs to get a grip and reel in all of these clwons that think BSO is a cash cow!!!

Ching Ching $$$$$$$!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep making that money boys and girl you deserve it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you notice that the highest paid employees are from Fire Rescue? I'm not saying they don't deserve to be making great salaries, but they're almost all Captains....apparently Fire Rescue ranking officers get overtime while DLE/DOD Officers don't get any overtime and are on a salary. Isn't that a bit unfair? Also, the vast majority of DLE overtime is coming from the Port....I guess a lot of those deputies are essential for the smooth operation of the Port...especially some of those CSAs with O.T. making equivalent to a topped out Sergeant's pay. Oh, I get it now....sorry....laying off deputies right out of the academy making squat, so that these highly qualified guys can get overtime must be the right idea.....although I'd be thinking differently if I was one of those guys making the overtime.

Quote Originally Posted by Disgruntled Over Worked Under Paid Whiner
    Did you notice that the highest paid employees are from Fire Rescue? I'm not saying they don't deserve to be making great salaries, but they're almost all Captains....apparently Fire Rescue ranking officers get overtime while DLE/DOD Officers don't get any overtime and are on a salary. Isn't that a bit unfair? Also, the vast majority of DLE overtime is coming from the Port....I guess a lot of those deputies are essential for the smooth operation of the Port...especially some of those CSAs with O.T. making equivalent to a topped out Sergeant's pay. Oh, I get it now....sorry....laying off deputies right out of the academy making squat, so that these highly qualified guys can get overtime must be the right idea.....although I'd be thinking differently if I was one of those guys making the overtime.
    Genius; 80% of Port over time is part of Cruise and Convention Center operations, which is paid by the cruise ship companies and the events at the Convention Center. So get your facts right before you open your pie hole. Some of you people are so vile it makes me sick. You liberal minded people believe it’s wrong for people who are achievers that say yes to the call for OT, give me a break, these people are working all kind of hours being away from their families. They don’t sit home and cry about their plight in life, they go out and make things happen. The problem is not because BSO employees get paid too much, it’s because the dead beats in Broward County speculated and bought too much house or houses, and just walked away. Let’s face the truth here, no matter how much it hurts. Instead of asking why are BSO people making money, we should ask the County Commission where is all the money from the housing boom?

I made a whole 468.00 dollars in OT last year. Either way if you make more the tax man wants half!!!!!!!!!

Do the math on our top OT earner.....
    31 hours of OT a WEEK....... if he has to do that HIRE SOMEONE (even one of our brothers/sisters who are being laid off) it would save 1) SOMEONE lOSING A JOB 2) EVEN HAVE CHANGE LEFT OVER SO MR aL CAN BUY ANOTHER SMART CAR

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast