Conflict of Interest?
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Conflict of Interest?

Ok - I will be the first to come out and say what everyone else is saying behind close doors.

Our agency should not be investigating the Rivas crash!

It is not enough that KH does not have a clue how to conduct a fatality investigation but she is not even capable of doing a simple accident investigation. Now the whole world will get to know this too all because of this crash.

What was the traffic unit thinking when they allowed her to be primary? They should have called FHP immediatley. If not for the conflict of interest point alone then out of respect for the good doctor. We owe it to him to have a compitent investigator determining the facts. Even if his kid was not grossly negligent, no one will believe that now becasue we are involved.

I think Lt. HM stepped on it this time. The only good that will come from this is that now maybe others will see what the rest of the traffic unit has been saying about KH for a long time. (If you do not know what that is then stand by...it will come out soon enough)

I just feel bad for all of the family members of the deceased. They had a right to know what really happened and not just a poor guess from a psychic.

Re: Conflict of Interest?

If your opinions appear in a news article soon then will you understand that this board is not the best place to make certain comments?

You and I usually see eye to eye on most things, but a law enforcement officers opinions should be guarded less they be used against him/her or their department.

I will never bring up a subject that is "In-House". BUT, this subject was already an article in the NDN, not once but twice.

What I believe was the same as many others in the blogs therefore I felt it was appropriate to continue the discussion on a cops point of view and not so much the angry citizen point of view. We all know how the cop haters say bad things about us in the blogs even when we do something right.

To me the decisions that KH and LT HM made to investigate this crash was a very poor decision and no less poor of a decision than what JD did with the ring. Once it hits the media it is fair game no matter how embarrassing it is for us.

There are two problems with this situation and most know about the obvious and few want to admit what has been known for years yet failed to act to correct the situation, even after the problem left they had a chance to correct it.

All I am saying is that this day was going to come and many of us who work the road knew that. Now, like all of the other embarrassing momemnts over the years we will have to sit back and take the hits.

Maybe some can learn from this and make better decisions in the future.

I too respect your view and comments 1-800-Guest and apologize if you still feel that I have crossed the line by posting it on this board. I did however wait to express my feelings until after it was in the media. trust me, I wanted to talk about this years ago.

Absolutely a conflict. Turn it over to FHP.
    Problem is KR looooooooves KH.
    And doesn't have the cajones to confront HM who was also at the scene. Hmmmmmmmm.
    Our sheriff will do nothing.
    When is JB taking over????

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Absolutely a conflict. Turn it over to FHP.
    Problem is KR looooooooves KH.
    And doesn't have the cajones to confront HM who was also at the scene. Hmmmmmmmm.
    Our sheriff will do nothing.
    When is JB taking over????

You can not turn it over to FHP. They will not accept her mess. She does not take measurements at the scene so they could not go back and reconstruct the crash. Somehow she thinks that just taking pictures, throwing a little paint on the road and going back days later to take measurements is THI. It's not. That is called dereliction of duty.

Somebody should make a stand and do it. We're going to get criticized by the mulletwrapper, otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by tomtom
    Somebody should make a stand and do it. We're going to get criticized by the mulletwrapper, otherwise.
    Somebody take a stand - LOL, it's too late for that!
    re-read George's post. He is right
    And we have already been criticized in the mullet wrapper!

Quote Originally Posted by jackiechiles
    Is it too late? Yes it is too late for the Rivas case and the County Barn Rd. double fatal. It's not too late for the future. KH is as incompetent as they come for crash investigators. She shows up on scene (when she does) and snaps a bunch of pictures smokes and jokes with the deputies then leaves. Maybe she'll throw a little paint on the ground for when she drives by a couple of days later. That will remind her that she needs to start making something up for the report. I saw three DUI guys mapping out a scene on one particular crash when none of the THI people could make it there. They did more than I've seen KH ever do. HM doesn't want to deal with it because it will show people that he makes poor decisions, which in and of itself is common knowledge anyway. The Sheriff better make some kind of decision because it's gonna cost a lot money (millions) and tarnish an already weak image in the public's eyes. Her presence in the traffic unit already causes almost as much friction and low moral that Sgt. CG and Sgt. BB cause. I think if the admin approached each traffic deputy one on one in secret they would get all the answers they need to can a dishonest highly payed impostor.
    Well said!

Well I'm in the traffic unit and I can tell you what has been said on this thread is right on. One poster said she is incompetent. That's not the least of it. She is arrogant to the point of being gross about it. She thinks she is the end all to be all and tells anybody that is the room long enough that she is. She has the LT absolutely convinced that she is the premier THI in all of Collier and that FHP doesn't know even know how to spell THI. I worked for another agency before coming to Collier and I have a bit of experience in crash investigation. I haven't revealed to the LT all of my experience but I think he knows. Maybe the previous Sheriff was convinced by her act but nobody else seems to be. The current Sheriff needs to change policy and make FHP primary on every traffic fatality in Collier. This Rivas case is going to be a monster and our unit can not weather this approaching storm. A previous poster is correct in saying that the administration needs to act on this and talking to people who know is the best way.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast