Do you have a new Chief?

Unhappy Do you have a new Chief?

Has your Department selected a new permanent Chief? DO you have any idea who is in the running?

We keep hearing that one of our Assistant Chief's from Miami is up for the job? Have you heard anything?

Re: Do you have a new Chief?

What dept in Miami and I will try to find out for you.

Re: Do you have a new Chief?

Hopefully not the same type of idiots that have been in charge of Dekalb PD for the past decade.

Unregistered
    Mirtha Ramos from the Miami-Dade Police Department.

Unregistered
    You guys are F****d ..... satin 6000/ chief comma is comming for you.

Unregistered

I worked under her "leadership" for 5 year's . We had a black director who promoted

She is quick to punish and discipline subordinates. She thinks people will respect her by acting "tough." She has found a personal strength in that she possesses a better set of grammar skills than other average sworn personnel. She must believe that this exhibits her self-perceived superior intelligence. As a result, she revels in rejecting paperwork for minutia. This is how she earned the nickname 'Chief Comma.'

She unabashedly will tell you that she has "more balls" than some other person. She is a foul-mouthed immature girl, more akin to a high school 'chusma.' Not a woman.

For whatever reason, she either doesn't realize that she is not respected by others in the department, or she simply doesn't care to earn respect. It is said that true respect is earned, not bestowed. I wonder if Chief Ramos understands this.

There are some who supervise by threat, coercion, and intimidation. Then there are other who LEAD by example, intelligence, and even charm. These are two very separate and distinct camps. Unfortunately, the MDPD has increasingly become more top heavy with those of the former camp. Chief Ramos was promoted for reasons other that her skill, savvy, leadership or example. She joins a growing list of others like her.

Unregistered

New Chief

Look at the forum for the Miami Dade Police Dept in the Florida forums. I worked under her "leadership" for 5 years. She is a nasty, entitled know it all. The only reason she became a chief at MDPD was because her friend was our Director and he promoted most Blacks. Of all the talent available, this is what your dept came up with?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Look at the forum for the Miami Dade Police Dept in the Florida forums. I worked under her "leadership" for 5 years. She is a nasty, entitled know it all. The only reason she became a chief at MDPD was because her friend was our Director and he promoted most Blacks. Of all the talent available, this is what your dept came up with?
    It also helped that she was sleeping with the Narcotics Major who was friends with Director Parker