.45's are comming - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: .45's are comming

ALL of the state law enforcement agencies are so far behind FHP in pay raises that we will never catch up to their pay level. A 2% cut in pay really didn't hurt them as much, oh yea we are the same class code as they are? Yea right! FHP has so much class they and their pay are way out of our league. And all you want to discuss is a .45, where are the priorities, I say if I am the same class code, then I should be paid the same as my FHP counterpart! To heck with the .45 issue me a decent pay check and let me buy my own .45!

All of the agencies problems stem from two things. A redneck mentality and employees willing to put up with it.

Quote Originally Posted by So Far Behind
    ALL of the state law enforcement agencies are so far behind FHP in pay raises that we will never catch up to their pay level. A 2% cut in pay really didn't hurt them as much, oh yea we are the same class code as they are? Yea right! FHP has so much class they and their pay are way out of our league. And all you want to discuss is a .45, where are the priorities, I say if I am the same class code, then I should be paid the same as my FHP counterpart! To heck with the .45 issue me a decent pay check and let me buy my own .45!

whaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

Quote Originally Posted by SeanL
    Curious, Why the .45 over the .40? More agencies tend to be going the Glock 22/23 route.

Sean

wanna be :devil:

Curious, Why the .45 over the .40? More agencies tend to be going the Glock 22/23 route.

Sean

Just a thought... FWC works in the woods alot. There's some big animals out there. Particularly things like black bear, wild hogs which get to be pretty damn big, those big old senile gators, hell even bulls that might have happened to get loose. .45 ACP would be best suited in that situation. Just seems to make sense if you had to stop 1 of those. When I hunt hog I take my 1911 on the side just incase they decide to charge. Which has happened to me and I have had to stop them with my sidearm.

Also being that even the most compliant subject is usually armed if he/she were to become aggressive it would be best to drop them in 1 shot. And while your typical LEO isn't a gun guy/girl and into perfecting firearm proficiency, it would be best to arm him/her with a larger caliber. One that has the best possibility of making that 1 hit drop happen... hence the .45 ACP.

My 2 cents.

A Texas Ranger was once asked why he carried a .45, his answer "because they don't make a .46"

Quote Originally Posted by theMP

Sean

Just a thought... FWC works in the woods alot. There's some big animals out there. Particularly things like black bear, wild hogs which get to be pretty darn big, those big old senile gators, hell even bulls that might have happened to get loose. .45 ACP would be best suited in that situation. Just seems to make sense if you had to stop 1 of those. When I hunt hog I take my 1911 on the side just incase they decide to charge. Which has happened to me and I have had to stop them with my sidearm.

Also being that even the most compliant subject is usually armed if he/she were to become aggressive it would be best to drop them in 1 shot. And while your typical LEO isn't a gun guy/girl and into perfecting firearm proficiency, it would be best to arm him/her with a larger caliber. One that has the best possibility of making that 1 hit drop happen... hence the .45 ACP.

My 2 cents.
    Small penis syndrome? Once again FWC leadership fly in the face of logic and attempts to reinvent the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest

Sean

wanna be :devil:
    I am not a "wanna be" I am a FWC Officer!

Thank you "theMP' for the response.

Sean

If you were speaking of the only real .45, the 1911 style - I would be impressed and excited. I suspect, however you are referring to a .45 Glock. Never forget - your sidearms will be provided by the lowest bidder. I must say however I never had a free gun I didn't like.

Re: .45's are coming

.45's? Hmm.. Cost? plus the cost of the magazines? How much? Magazine pouches? Not to mention refitting everyone with new ballistic vets? I was told at my last firearms shoot that we had recently downgraded our 9 MM ammo because our vests could be shot through by our ammo that we were using. Imagine what a 45 cal will do to our vests? I am all about the 45's but at some point we have to stop throwing money around on new toys and stop trying to reinvent the wheel.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast