.45's are comming - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: .45's are comming

With all of this extra money we seem to have floating around couldn't it be better spent? We are really trying to appease and appeal to the lowest common denominator. Who is still fooled into thinking different, not better, gear is somehow a gift of the gods? We don't need new guns. Especially if just change to an older styled round. I know the .45 is a good round and all but, it's not all that. If it was cartridge manufacturers would have not spent so much time on developing rounds like the 9mm since 1911 I would believe it. Most agencies worldwide carry the 9mm. That's enough proof for me. I'd like to know the official justification of spending so much on new sidearms. We could, however, do something to help officers in the day to day of life. Issue Nextels! It's at least a $1200 a year pay raise.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    With all of this extra money we seem to have floating around couldn't it be better spent? We are really trying to appease and appeal to the lowest common denominator. Who is still fooled into thinking different, not better, gear is somehow a gift of the gods? We don't need new guns. Especially if just change to an older styled round. I know the .45 is a good round and all but, it's not all that. If it was cartridge manufacturers would have not spent so much time on developing rounds like the 9mm since 1911 I would believe it. Most agencies worldwide carry the 9mm. That's enough proof for me. I'd like to know the official justification of spending so much on new sidearms. We could, however, do something to help officers in the day to day of life. Issue Nextels! It's at least a $1200 a year pay raise.
    That is not the way that they think up there in Tally. They would prefer to issue us .45's and cowboy hats in lieu of say something sensible such as a cell phone which the dispatchers seem to think that the agency is paying for. I am so sick and tired of hearing dispatchers give out a caller's number for the officer to call the complainant. This is crap!! Until the state pays my bill I won't use MY phone to call anyone when it is work related unless somehow it is going to make things easier for me. The thinking is way out of line and I am not sure how they come up with a lot of things that they do. What gets me is people on this board actually try to justify the decisions by saying Oh it is only going to cost this little amount. Why not spend the money on other things such as phones??

You guys/gals should educate yourself on the issue of which you are commenting. Most Military outfits either have or are in the process of transitioning back to the .45 ours included, and not the revised 1911, they are looking at the S&W, H&K and others. Maybe it’s because we’ve been in a war where real life situations over shadow ballistics gel and theory. Is it possible the military has realized the 9mm isn't enough?

Also the 10mm is too expensive, I know an officers life is more important that the cost of a weapon. However, we have been using the sub standard 9mm for how many years and no one has said a word. At least we are heading in the right direction IMHO.

Oh, almost forgot, equipment and salary are two separate issues and funding sources. The
    Colonel has no control over your pay, she/he can request, support and push for one but can’t give you one.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest 98439
    You guys/gals should educate yourself on the issue of which you are commenting. Most Military outfits either have or are in the process of transitioning back to the .45 ours included, and not the revised 1911, they are looking at the S&W, H&K and others. Maybe it’s because we’ve been in a war where real life situations over shadow ballistics gel and theory. Is it possible the military has realized the 9mm isn't enough?

Also the 10mm is too expensive, I know an officers life is more important that the cost of a weapon. However, we have been using the sub standard 9mm for how many years and no one has said a word. At least we are heading in the right direction IMHO.

Oh, almost forgot, equipment and salary are two separate issues and funding sources. The
    Colonel has no control over your pay, she/he can request, support and push for one but can’t give you one.
    You speak just like someone from HQ. You tell us we are wrong and don't know what we are talking about for starters. Then, you go and use the same old excuse to as to why we can't seem to get a pay raise. Thanks! Now go back to your cubicle and ask the Colonel to actually request, support, and push for a pay raise. There are things she can do without legislative approval to financially help her officers. Nextels are but one example.

Thats why the US Military just ordered more M9s......

Following the recent purchase of 10,000 M9 pistols by the US Army and Navy, Beretta has announced a new multi-year contact to supply the Army with another 25,403 M9 pistols.

The .45 is not ever going to comback as a standard issue caliber for he US Military....period. Now certain specialized units do use it but that is it. As for us, we will never know the difference between the 9mm and .45 for our duty use. This transition is a waste of time and money. Quit reading "Soldier of Fortune Magazine" while on the can!!!

I'm not from GHQ, and I don't read solder of fortune. However, it was the SF's I was speaking of, Seals and Delta among others. If it is good enough for them it should be good enough for a bunch of gun toten rednecks. :snicker:
    Anyway, like I said, educate yourself. If not you'll live in a world where someone else's thoughts and opinons are yours as well.
    Stay safe.
    Oh BTW, you guys/gals gotta lighten up, stress kills. 8)

You are having a bad day.....SEALs actually cary P226 (9mms). The only .45 they use are the HK Mk23s when using the KAC Suppressors, but there standard sidearm is a 9mm. The Special Forces (Green Berets) use M9s (Beretta 9mms) unles they are also using the MK23, but again, their standard sidearm is the M9. Now you are correct regarding Delta, and also MARSOC and Force Recon use 1911 style .45s.

Educate yourself as your thoughts and opinions are....WRONG!! Are you the one who chose are new duty round?

I'm not from GHQ, and I don't read solder of fortune. However, it was the SF's I was speaking of, Seals and Delta among others. If it is good enough for them it should be good enough for a bunch of gun toten rednecks. :snicker:
    Anyway, like I said, educate yourself. If not you'll live in a world where someone else's thoughts and opinons are yours as well.
    Stay safe.

You are having a bad day.....SEALs actually cary P226 (9mms). The only .45 they use are the HK Mk23s when using the KAC Suppressors, but there standard sidearm is a 9mm. The Special Forces (Green Berets) use M9s (Beretta 9mms) unles they are also using the MK23, but again, their standard sidearm is the M9. Now you are correct regarding Delta, and also MARSOC and Force Recon use 1911 style .45s.

Educate yourself as your thoughts and opinions are....WRONG!! Are you the one who chose are new duty round?

Stay safe.
    Nope, having a great day. Wrong? They are using them. Keep watching you never know what the future holds.
    However, If I felt the way you do about the change, I would refuse to take the new weapon and demand to keep my 9mm. :wink:

Anyway, we have differing opinions on this issue, I respect yours, no need to drag this out for ten pages.
    Stay Safe.

Stay safe.

First of SF's teams have there choice of weapons there really is not standard issue for them. I have seen guys carrying everything from 1911's to HK's to SIG 9mm. I have however rarely seen an SF operator carrying a M9 this is for the army because they are the only ones I have any experience with..

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345