PR Retirement Gathering
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

PR Retirement Gathering

Last night I had the pleasure of attending Pat Roberts’s retirement party. Approx. 150 persons attended from all over the state. He was acknowledged by Ft. Lauderdale PD, BSO, FBI, JTTF, MIU, FDLE, the US Attorney's Office, Statewide Prosecutors Office, Hallandale PD, Miami-Dade PD, IRS, etc...etc...etc. It was a trip into 30 years of ABT history, with a guy who has backed his people from day one until his last day. His only obstacles were only the administration who had no clue what a cop was. It was classy, even when they showed a slide of Owsiany and him years ago on the streets of Liberty City, he had nothing but praise for her, that’s the kind of guy he is, even after this woman back stabbed him over and over again. Sorry Geier couldn't make it, maybe he was on the 3:10 to Yuma, or maybe because he treated a 30 year veteran like shit for his last two months. Anyway, good luck PR, at least in Broward we will be looking for him to walk thru that back door every day.

Re: PR Retirement Gathering

I feel the same way.

I know I wouldn't still be here if it weren't for Pat. Pat pulled me aside when he was a Captain and told me to find something I like to do here and follow it. He has allowed me and others to pursue their niches. There is enough here at ABT to keep just about everyone doing something they find interesting.

Pat does his best to make everyone happy. He really wants everyone to have the same experience he had when he was working as an agent.

Pat, I know it will hurt you to see the place run like crap after you leave. You can only control what you can. Appreciate the fact that for 30 years you made the working environment of those around you a pleasant place to be. You helped people learn new skills that they can take with them to a new job if they so choose.

It would be great if somehow Pat came back in some capacity. Chief? Director?

Sincerely,
    Everyone

I wish I had known there was a party as I would like to have attended. Was there an announcement email that I missed or was this not an ABT retirement party? Anyways, good luck to you sir! Even agents not in your region will miss your leadership and ability to inspire even from a distance. We need more like this good man.

Pat, you will be sorely missed. You will always have friends in those who have had the fortune of working with and for you.

Even though I have not known PR very long! It would have been great to celebrate with other fellow Agents, the 30 years service of PR. Anyone, who serves for 30 years has seen alot of ups, downs, and the rath of new administrations. Unfortunately, this was a VIP party only!

Pat Roberts is the reason I came to ABT. I came here because I had known Pat and I knew that he was a class act who stood for alot of good things. I am still at ABT mainly because of Pat Roberts. His advice and guidance over the years has meant the world to me. Pat has more class in his little pinky than the people giving him his orders. He has continued to follow his heart and show leadership even though Tallahassee threw just about every road block in his way. It is probably exactly how Pat saw himself going out of ABT, fighting every step of the way, the same way he came into ABT. ABT could do no better than Pat in a position such as Chief, Director, Secretary.

He was a good guy and he did a good job. He is gone and it is time to move on. There are many "created in his image" so the torch has been passed. He will not be back as a manager. It is what it is.

It is unfortunate considering we now have an opening in the very chair that Pat would best be suited. I can think of no office in the state that hasn't heard of PR's awesome accomplishments as an agent and a leader. Perhaps we should all petition Drago to put PR in the position.

Although PR would be awesome in the spot, it will never happen. He is a cops cop, not a politician, he would be great for us, but a thorn in the side of the pencil pushers. Being ion drop would not have any issue, considering the Governor could appoint him.

Who is this Messiah of which you speak? Where was He and His ability to Heal when we were subjected to:

Marked Units
    Class A uniforms
    Weekly reports
    Schedules
    Unfair management practices
    Questionable discipline
    Vindictive supervisors
    Loss of trainer pay
    Attacks to off duty opportunities
    Media generated operations
    Loss of personnel
    Unreasonable policies
    Unreasonable procedures
    No raises
    No pay additives

Surely someone as great as He could have shined his Divine Light on at least one of these issues?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast