WTF??

Thread: WTF??

WTF??

For a town that is sooooooo cash strapped, how can we afford to spend money on a Police & Fire Expo, and new patches? Just wondering what type of message is being sent out here.

Re: WTF??

The same ol message thats been going on here for decades. A$$ backwards priorities.

Still waiting for a reply! :wink:

ALTHOUGH I DID TAKE MY FAMILY THERE AND THE KIDS ENJOYED IT, I STILL SAW IT AS A HUGE WASTE OF MONEY. THIS REALLY DOES NOTHING FOR THE CITY EXCEPT APPEASE PEOPLES CURIOSTY ABOUT BIG ,RED,CLEAN FIRE ENGINES, BRIGHT POLICE CAR LIGHTS AND A FEW FANCY GUNS. I THINK .005% OF THE TOWNS POPULATION ATTENDED.

Quote Originally Posted by ED
    ALTHOUGH I DID TAKE MY FAMILY THERE AND THE KIDS ENJOYED IT, I STILL SAW IT AS A HUGE WASTE OF MONEY. THIS REALLY DOES NOTHING FOR THE CITY EXCEPT APPEASE PEOPLES CURIOSTY ABOUT BIG ,RED,CLEAN FIRE ENGINES, BRIGHT POLICE CAR LIGHTS AND A FEW FANCY GUNS. I THINK .005% OF THE TOWNS POPULATION ATTENDED.
    Yeah, it was an off year. We usually get a pretty good pop in the bored over 75 year old demographic and the 0-5 year olds are usually show pretty solid numbers. What can you do? It's not like Chance Ransom was going to be there.

I went and thought it was a great family oriented event. Here's an idea for next years. Keep the same theme going. It was great. Make a list of employee's that would be willing to "donate" their time for this event.

Here's an idea. How about having this event in a city thats not complaining about having money problems. Most cities have the same equipment anyways. Besides, we could use this money towards a new bunny trail or butterfly garden. :cop: