BLUE Lights on fire trucks? - Page 3
Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Re: BLUE Lights on fire trucks?

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Although I don't really care if fire departments have blue lights, the person who made the original post has a legitimate complaint about how a government agency can just directly violate state law. Think about it, would your (any law enf agy) agency do intentionally violate the law? I just find it amazing that those who should be leading by example are violating the law. If fire departments don't like it they should ask the legislature to change the law and then all is well.
    I DON'T KNOW? ASK THE MOTOR CARRIER COMPLIANCE OFFICERS WITH THEIR ILLEGAL WINDOW TINTING. IF YOU READ STATUTE, DARKER WINDOW TINT IS ONLY ALLOWED FOR K-9 VEHICLES AND UNDERCOVER VEHICLES. THE ONLY UNDERCOVER OPERATIONS I'VE SEE OUR DOT GUYS DO IS GOING UNDERCOVER WHEN SOME *FHP CALLER CALLS IN A POSSIBLE SIGNAL 12 OR SIGNAL 1 APPROACHING THE AREA THEY ARE IN. WHEN IT STARTS RAINING, THEY GO UNDERCOVER IN THEIR FIELD OFFICE OR THE NEAREST BBQ JOINT :devil:

Quote Originally Posted by Illegal Window Tinting
    Although I don't really care if fire departments have blue lights, the person who made the original post has a legitimate complaint about how a government agency can just directly violate state law. Think about it, would your (any law enf agy) agency do intentionally violate the law? I just find it amazing that those who should be leading by example are violating the law. If fire departments don't like it they should ask the legislature to change the law and then all is well.
    I DON'T KNOW? ASK THE MOTOR CARRIER COMPLIANCE OFFICERS WITH THEIR ILLEGAL WINDOW TINTING. IF YOU READ STATUTE, DARKER WINDOW TINT IS ONLY ALLOWED FOR K-9 VEHICLES AND UNDERCOVER VEHICLES. THE ONLY UNDERCOVER OPERATIONS I'VE SEE OUR DOT GUYS DO IS GOING UNDERCOVER WHEN SOME *FHP CALLER CALLS IN A POSSIBLE SIGNAL 12 OR SIGNAL 1 APPROACHING THE AREA THEY ARE IN. WHEN IT STARTS RAINING, THEY GO UNDERCOVER IN THEIR FIELD OFFICE OR THE NEAREST BBQ JOINT :devil:
    Pointing out another illegal aspect of emergency responders does not address the initial illegal use of blue lights on fire trucks. IT IS A DISGRACE THAT HOLLYWOOD FIRE-RESCUE (NOT BSO) runs with blue lights. Someone needs to stop them before it's too late and more damage is done!

Post Re: BLUE Lights on fire trucks?

WHOEVER THIS TROOPER OR OFFICER IS THAT WROTE THIS IS A TOTAL MORON.

AND THAT'S RIGHT, FHP's JST JEALOUS THAT WE DO NOT HAVE TO DEAL WITH THE HSMV B.S. THAT THEY DO!!! I HOPE THAT WE NEVER FALL UNDER FHP. NEXT TO THE FMP AND GFC MERGER, IT'LL BE THE BIGGEST MISTAKE IN THE HISTORY OF STATE LAW ENFORCEMENT.

AND YES, WHEN IT RAINS WE ARE MOST DEFINATELY OUT OF SIGHT AND OUT OF MIND. DONT CALL US WE WONT CALL YOU "BROWN CLOWNS"

IN CLOSING, WHO CARES WHAT COLOR LIGHTS THE FIRE TRUCKS HAVE. THE ENGINES LADDERS AND HOOKS SHOW ALL COLOR LIGHTS WHEN IN OPERATION. WHEN IT IS A TROOPER OR A DEPUTY OR A P.O. THAT NEEDS THEM, WHO'S GONNA CARE WHAT COLOR LIGHT IS FLASHING.

STATUTORILY, FHP VIOLATES AN ARRAY OF FLORIDA ADMINISTRATIVE CODES AND STATUTES AND NO-ONE CARES CAUSE THAT'S JUST THE WAY IT IS!

FHP, GET A LIFE AND LEAVE HOLLYWOOD FIRE ALONE!

:devil:

I am filing a complaint with the Florida Attorney General regarding this violation of law by Hollywood Fire-Rescue because they are not above the law.

Illegal tint huh , have you (if you are in fact another cop that is ) checked our windows with a tint meter recently ? , I know I have. For you see , I USED to have tint on my unit that was a few percent darker than the law allows , BUT the state a few years back re-tinted our units to conform to statue with an exception for K-9 vehicles FACT. So whenever you see one of us at a BBQ joint or wherever it may be , don't hesitate to pull out your tint meter or just borrow ours so you can unfortunately be proven wrong. It's ok to be ignorant dude , lots of people are. :cop:

Please cite the authority the Attorney General has to make them stop or sanction them....

Why don't you just tell their mommy?

Please cite the authority the Attorney General has to make them stop or sanction them....

The Attorney General has the authority to rview the statute and issue an opinion. At that point, the chief traffic law enforcement agency in the State of Florida, the Florida Highway Patrol, will come crushing down on Hollywood PD with a mandate to remove their illegal blue lights at once or face the consequences of having each driver cited and ultimately have the chief of the rogue fire department answer in court to his blatant disregard of the law.

The Attorney General has the authority to rview the statute and issue an opinion. At that point, the chief traffic law enforcement agency in the State of Florida, the Florida Highway Patrol, will come crushing down on Hollywood PD with a mandate to remove their illegal blue lights at once or face the consequences of having each driver cited and ultimately have the chief of the rogue fire department answer in court to his blatant disregard of the law.

Umm just FYI FHP is not a chief law enforcement agency is the state. THe county sheriffs are if anything ever came down the SO office would be charged with enforcing it, but dude you really need a life!!! Did a firefighter from hollywood F your wife or something..

Attorney Genreal Opionions are non-binding

Umm just FYI FHP is not a chief law enforcement agency is the state. THe county sheriffs are if anything ever came down the SO office would be charged with enforcing it, but dude you really need a life!!! Did a firefighter from hollywood F your wife or something..
    I really hope that you are not stupid enough to actually believe that 67 various Sheriffs in Florida are the chief traffic law law enforcement for the state. You must really have the little man syndrome to not even admit the obvious about FHP being the chief traffic law law enforcement for the state of Florida. Dumbazz.

Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast