What about us........... - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: What about us...........

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Nice how you, "Threw" the PCSO in that list...hah! Have you read the papers or talked to the citizens of Dunedin? They are NOT happy. Oldsmar looked at what it would cost to merge with a local city for their own police and were AMAZED at how much it cost to start up their own dept. They are now trapped with PCSO forever and there is very little they can really do. They gave up their power to the Sheriff.

This county does need to merge...,"Merge" being the key word. Until you get a leader in the Sheriff Dept that can work 'with' the local cities instead of trying to be the big kid on the block, it will not be a good move.

What sounds better, "Hey lets put our resources together, save money, and not lay off anyone without cause and make this a safer community."

OR do you prefer the "Carnage in the Streets", I am the ruler of law enforcement, my way or the highway, how about some shiny shoes Mr Deputy, your not fired..oh wait yes you are, Sheriff Coats?
    I've been in Dunedin for 15 years, and I am very happy with the SO. I've never even heard anything bad about them. Maybe the criminals up here are not happy, but I am. :cop:

Re: What about us...........

I think you Pinellas Park Police officers do an outstanding job, and the city is lucky to have such a great agency. I do not live in the city, have had to deal with the PCSO in an emergency, and can tell you that they aren't anywhere near the caliber you guys are. I'm sure that there are some good deputies, but their admin/agency is so F****d up and dirty that those few aren't allowed to shine at all. And, if merging is being tossed about, none of us who live in the communities that PSCO deputies regularly come on here and insult and mock want them, so why would any officer at one of the many agencies that they also come on here to insult and mock want to work with them?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123