Why so many tickets - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Why so many tickets

If you were a 37 then you'd know your self that flying down the road code can cause accidents involving you or other people and now isn't that just great. How do you know the officer flying down he road isn't going to a call where there is a possibility of somebody getting hurt, or maybe he is enroute to a 21 in progress and they dont want officers to use thier sirens, people come on here to complain about things, but they dont think of the factors in a situation.

On that ticket note, yes the economy is in bad shape, but say somebody is west on johnson from university at 3:00 pm on a weekday, they see a hole open up in traffic and just hit it, they hit 50 or 60, but guess what oh no little jimmy on the bike thought he could cross the street in time, but no BOOM!....jimmy is dead and his family wonders where were the police, where were the traffic enforcement guys we saw all the time protecting our kids from the dangers of the roads. Some people deserve tickets sometimes. If you got one and are complaining about it that's why god made court, go state your case, oh and if your too busy to miss work for the day, then just hush and pay the ticket. simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    This guy is probally someone who couldn't make it as a cop.. Look he is hanging out on a website for cops!! Hey dude get a life I don't come to your job and tell you how to do it..
    LMAO. I was a 37 for 10 years, and for financial reason I left! I could no longer work for pennies, and put up with the management or politics. Not to mention I did not like the direction the leadership (or lack of) was taking things.

This website is related to another new business venture I am opening.

I do have a life, and your "job" is my business as you are a "Public Servant" paid with taxpayer funds. This is what you don't understand! You work for the community. Who do you think you work for?

Once again, let's stay on topic! Why the increased speed enforcement, during a recession? I can see in areas of "high crime" and location of high traffic incidents, but giving tickets to hard working folks in areas and times that have neither "high crime" or high traffic accidents, unjustifiable!
    IM LMAO you said our budget should be cut, but you left law enforcement because you only made pennies.. Let's face the facts you either got fired, or couldn't make it as a cop.. So your an out of work person who comes on a leo website because its related to a business venture i am opening.. I'm probally paying for your food stamps and un employment go crawl back under your rock..

If you were a 37 then you'd know your self that flying down the road code can cause accidents involving you or other people and now isn't that just great. How do you know the officer flying down he road isn't going to a call where there is a possibility of somebody getting hurt, or maybe he is enroute to a 21 in progress and they dont want officers to use thier sirens, people come on here to complain about things, but they dont think of the factors in a situation.

On that ticket note, yes the economy is in bad shape, but say somebody is west on johnson from university at 3:00 pm on a weekday, they see a hole open up in traffic and just hit it, they hit 50 or 60, but guess what oh no little jimmy on the bike thought he could cross the street in time, but no BOOM!....jimmy is dead and his family wonders where were the police, where were the traffic enforcement guys we saw all the time protecting our kids from the dangers of the roads. Some people deserve tickets sometimes. If you got one and are complaining about it that's why god made court, go state your case, oh and if your too busy to miss work for the day, then just hush and pay the ticket. simple as that.
    You both have a point. Pines motorcycle cops are everywhere giving tickets, and it's not on busy streets where problems occur.
    And I had a Pines cop cut me off, while he was speeding, then got on I-75 and left the city, probably to his house. You guys don't respond up to Sunrise! And these are the kind of things that piss people off.

This guy is probally someone who couldn't make it as a cop.. Look he is hanging out on a website for cops!! Hey dude get a life I don't come to your job and tell you how to do it..
    LMAO. I was a 37 for 10 years, and for financial reason I left! I could no longer work for pennies, and put up with the management or politics. Not to mention I did not like the direction the leadership (or lack of) was taking things.

This website is related to another new business venture I am opening.

I do have a life, and your "job" is my business as you are a "Public Servant" paid with taxpayer funds. This is what you don't understand! You work for the community. Who do you think you work for?

Once again, let's stay on topic! Why the increased speed enforcement, during a recession? I can see in areas of "high crime" and location of high traffic incidents, but giving tickets to hard working folks in areas and times that have neither "high crime" or high traffic accidents, unjustifiable!
    IM LMAO you said our budget should be cut, but you left law enforcement because you only made pennies.. Let's face the facts you either got fired, or couldn't make it as a cop.. So your an out of work person who comes on a leo website because its related to a business venture i am opening.. I'm probally paying for your food stamps and un employment go crawl back under your rock..
    Of course anyone who does not see your way of seeing thins must live in a trailer, be on welfare and smoke crack right?

You both have a point. Pines motorcycle cops are everywhere giving tickets, and it's not on busy streets where problems occur.
    And I had a Pines cop cut me off, while he was speeding, then got on I-75 and left the city, probably to his house. You guys don't respond up to Sunrise! And these are the kind of things that piss people off.
    The uniform doesnt make the person the person makes the uniform. If you get what I mean this saying is the reason why people don't have respect for the police anymore. Some people have the drive it like a rental car attitude towards their squad cars.
    Don't trust the police, no justice no peace, they go thier own blue face down in the middle of the street.

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
    Thomas Jefferson

What you are basically suggesting is that we should only enforce those laws that YOU feel are worthy of action. What you dont understand is that not a day goes by that a citizen doesn't complain to me about the traffic in their neighborhood. The reason that officer is on that street is more likely due to a special request from a citizen.
    I have arrested people for simple possession of marijuana (cannabis) who have stated "why dont you get the "real" criminals? They dont even think it should be against the law. People who receive citations never accept that they were wrong, they just whine that there was something better we should be doing.
    By the way, Officers are not writing more tickets because of the economy, there has not been any increase in ticket writing, no special campaigns to target speeders, no conspiracy to get those on taft st, it's just your perception of law enforcement thats twisted here.
    Also, when it's your car that they are stealing, that's when you wish we had more relaxed chase laws.
    I have been on the other side, i know what your thinking, but I can tell you that if you truly know anything about law enforcement you would know that you a very wrong in your comments.

Such nonsense! My particular neighborhood has complained about speeders for years, and I have yet to see one Police writing tickets in this block!

I haven't received a ticket! That is not what I am saying! What I said was why not go to heavy traffic accident areas, or crime areas instead. Maximize the use of resources.

I have a Porsche and if it gets stolen, then I have insurance. I only have one son! Chasing should ONLY be for the eminent protection of life!

Marijuana..... that is another topic on it's own. Think of all the taxable income, reduced population in jails, and cost savings to out government. Side affect sales of potato chips would go up! By that way, do have a clue how many professionals (doctors, lawyers, judges even Cops) smoke marijuana? I can almost assure you that if you do a random test on all your officers about 15+% will be dirty.

Check out this articles: http://editorial.autos.msn.com/article. ... tid=948333

If you have been on the other side, you would also understand that more and more people every day are getting a stronger dislike for the Police. Have you ever stopped and wondered why?

I am not trying to bash anyone, but you guys really have to open your eyes, it's not about your way only. The whole mentality of "everyone is against us", and "what do they know" has failed in the last 10 years, don't you think it's time for a better approach? Law abiding citizens don't want tickets for 7 miles over the speed limit (unless in a school zone). If you guys know that times are hard for many, can't you give more warnings? Can't you socialize with law abiding citizens more? Just today I was a the mall, an officer walked past me and I said "how's it going", the expression I received in return was like I said something wrong to him.

Two weeks ago my daughter was with her friend leaving work at about 8pm. She was driving her car when she was stopped by some young officer clearly trying to flirt with her. He asked about her speed and when she mentioned that she was doing 45, he asked if she knew the speed limit? Again she said 45, and the officer just smiled and said oh. Just because two young cute girls a re driving in a mercedes does not mean he can stop her to try to flirt. These are the things you guys need to clean up, which cause the public to have such animosity towards you guys.

So again I ask, and probably for the 5th time, why do you think the public has started to dislike the police so much? Let's see how mature we can be!

Such nonsense! My particular neighborhood has complained about speeders for years, and I have yet to see one Police writing tickets in this block!

I haven't received a ticket! That is not what I am saying! What I said was why not go to heavy traffic accident areas, or crime areas instead. Maximize the use of resources.

I have a Porsche and if it gets stolen, then I have insurance. I only have one son! Chasing should ONLY be for the eminent protection of life!

Marijuana..... that is another topic on it's own. Think of all the taxable income, reduced population in jails, and cost savings to out government. Side affect sales of potato chips would go up! By that way, do have a clue how many professionals (doctors, lawyers, judges even Cops) smoke marijuana? I can almost assure you that if you do a random test on all your officers about 15+% will be dirty.

If you have been on the other side, you would also understand that more and more people every day are getting a stronger dislike for the Police. Have you ever stopped and wondered why?

I am not trying to bash anyone, but you guys really have to open your eyes, it's not about your way only. The whole mentality of "everyone is against us", and "what do they know" has failed in the last 10 years, don't you think it's time for a better approach? Law abiding citizens don't want tickets for 7 miles over the speed limit (unless in a school zone). If you guys know that times are hard for many, can't you give more warnings? Can't you socialize with law abiding citizens more? Just today I was a the mall, an officer walked past me and I said "how's it going", the expression I received in return was like I said something wrong to him.

Two weeks ago my daughter was with her friend leaving work at about 8pm. She was driving her car when she was stopped by some young officer clearly trying to flirt with her. He asked about her speed and when she mentioned that she was doing 45, he asked if she knew the speed limit? Again she said 45, and the officer just smiled and said oh. Just because two young cute girls a re driving in a mercedes does not mean he can stop her to try to flirt. These are the things you guys need to clean up, which cause the public to have such animosity towards you guys.

So again I ask, and probably for the 5th time, why do you think the public has started to dislike the police so much? Let's see how mature we can be!
    Why the long diatribe? Me thinks it was just so you can mention that you drive a Porsche & your daughter (or at least her friend) drives a Mercedes. I drive a Crown Vic. Wanna race?

Why the long diatribe? Me thinks it was just so you can mention that you drive a Porsche & your daughter (or at least her friend) drives a Mercedes. I drive a Crown Vic. Wanna race?
    AH the true definition of entrapment. Sure we can race, since now i have a defense!

Entrapment is the act of a law enforcement agent inducing a person to commit an offense which should be illegal and the person would otherwise have been unlikely to commit.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entrapment

Anyways, once again avoided;
    Why do you think the public has started to dislike the police so much

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast