Lt Test - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Lt Test

Re: Lt Test

River Vet, make a living??? You call scraping by on 32 thousand a year in most parts of the state making a living? It is funny how you try to keep a positive attitude all the while talking about how great the job is and how much "you love it" I can tell already you are the type that is always right and is a "yes" man when it comes to this agency. Go to a real agency that respects their workers and see how much better you feel, i know I did. Your "good ole boy" logic is misguided and foolish in the year 2009. I reckon now I will go and change my diapers cuz I am cryin'.

Yes sir, like I said, it's a great way to make a living. Freedom to come and go, nice equipment to work from, big boats, little boats, helicopters and airplanes, and a pocket full of credit cards. No wonder so many of us still love this job after all these years. We just adjusted our lifestyles to fit the pay, and went on enjoying life and our chosen career. We have a flight scheduled tonight and I can't wait. We always get to stop a bunch of people and usually make some good night hunting arrests. Where else can you go for that kind of excitement, and get paid for it? Yes sir, once you adjust your attitude, you can't help but love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AsICIt
    Yes, all marine units are afraid of the dark. In fact we are scared of all animals from ants to hogs. We're all city slickers from New York City that were not born and raised here.

Get real redneck. We work when there is most boating activity, dumbass. Daylight hours! We also work nights when the activity is there. Mullet season and Pompano season. How about working snook poachers under bridges at 0300? It's working activity and not hiding out on private land in the hopes of hearing a shot. The real game wardens are the ones that are working the ditches, canals, and spillways. The ones that work public management areas.
    Wow you were out at three.?? Good Job, but let me ask what time did you start your day on the opening of lobster season?
    The two weeks prior when the real poachers were out. Working opening night is fun and there are a few cases to make. The problem with that though is most people who wait to come out until legal opening time normally do everything else legal too. Think about it. We put all these officers out for the first few hours and then there's almost no one around at dawn.

All Tue but you did not answer. (unless you worked two weeks early then took the rest of the time off). But based on your logic i was looking for an answer of like 2200 the night before it opens. And of course from listening to my radio i did not hear alot of activity then. So, see where working only when the high activity is metality gets ya?
    None of you business. Why? Because you are the type of ratbag that would love to use this website and the CAD logs against me to make yourself look good. Sorry but I won't fall for that one.

Feeling a little guilty, I would be willing to bet that if any of you were 10-8 just before the season started or at midnight then you could have made a bunch of cases. I was 10-8 at midnight, although be it not on the coast I thought about going to the coast, but then I realized none of you guys over there were 10-8, so if you couldn't care about it then why should I. So I sat here in the inland part of the state and made a case and yes it was on a private landowners piece of property. Hey I have a questin for you, when are they going to run off that tobacco chewing, waste of a Lt. postion, female Lt. from SRA off. What a joke, takes credit for everything and does nothing.

[quote=none]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Guest":3uzc7kwn
    Yes, all marine units are afraid of the dark. In fact we are scared of all animals from ants to hogs. We're all city slickers from New York City that were not born and raised here.

Get real redneck. We work when there is most boating activity, dumbass. Daylight hours! We also work nights when the activity is there. Mullet season and Pompano season. How about working snook poachers under bridges at 0300? It's working activity and not hiding out on private land in the hopes of hearing a shot. The real game wardens are the ones that are working the ditches, canals, and spillways. The ones that work public management areas.
    Wow you were out at three.?? Good Job, but let me ask what time did you start your day on the opening of lobster season?
    The two weeks prior when the real poachers were out. Working opening night is fun and there are a few cases to make. The problem with that though is most people who wait to come out until legal opening time normally do everything else legal too. Think about it. We put all these officers out for the first few hours and then there's almost no one around at dawn.

All Tue but you did not answer. (unless you worked two weeks early then took the rest of the time off). But based on your logic i was looking for an answer of like 2200 the night before it opens. And of course from listening to my radio i did not hear alot of activity then. So, see where working only when the high activity is metality gets ya?
    None of you business. Why? Because you are the type of ratbag that would love to use this website and the CAD logs against me to make yourself look good. Sorry but I won't fall for that one.

Feeling a little guilty, I would be willing to bet that if any of you were 10-8 just before the season started or at midnight then you could have made a bunch of cases. I was 10-8 at midnight, although be it not on the coast I thought about going to the coast, but then I realized none of you guys over there were 10-8, so if you couldn't care about it then why should I. So I sat here in the inland part of the state and made a case and yes it was on a private landowners piece of property. Hey I have a questin for you, when are they going to run off that tobacco chewing, waste of a Lt. postion, female Lt. from SRA off. What a joke, takes credit for everything and does nothing.[/quote:3uzc7kwn]So do you hnt that same piece of property? Did the owner call it in through 911 or dispatch? Did he call you direct as his private security guard?

I have to agree with you on the Lt. They need to run her for so many reasons. One of which is years of covering for our buddy JL. Once she was forced to deal with him a lot of guys turned on her.

As I stated before I hunt management areas just like the general public, I do not have anywhere to hunt on private land, and even if i did i pobably wouldn't except it. Anyway the landowner did call me privately not as his security or whatever you want to refer to us as. Remember the land owners pay taxes and we are there to help them with poachers and rule breakers. As far as the "JL" you refer to, I have already said how I feel about that on other posts, so I am not going into it anymore. By the way, those of you who are attacking the river vet. need to leave him alone as well, other then the pay issues, I love my job. I agree with what he has to say about most topics, he is a lot WISER than most of us.

Hey None, there are a lot more of us out here who agree with the R.V. than the ones who give him grief. He knows the pay is a problem. I think his point is that if your heart is in the job, you'll make adjustments to make ends meet because you love your career and what if offers so much. I agree. If it's not for you, state your case and then get on with it, or leave, but don't keep drawing a check while you trash-mouth your agency. There's one guy out there who left the FWC, but he still comes back here to complain and put-down!

It seems that everyone has forgotten what this site is for. You are here to talk about this post, which is about the "Lt's Test". So, if you have anything to say, good or bad, about the way the Lt promotion is administered; then let's hear it. Like I said before, the problem with the Lt. Test, I feel, is that it really does not test a person and their ability to be a supervisor. Let's do it the way you promote in the military. Take a test that actually test a person on the things we actually do and protect. Use the G.O's, the Fl. Statues, and other things that supervisors do day in and out. Don't test on how to be a cop when we can't be cops. Don't test on how to be big company supervisor, becuse we can't do that either; and don't test on ethics and honesty, because we have lost that. Let's have evaluations added up and used as they are intended. And the last thing, let's not have evryone drive to Tallahassee so that we can be judged by people that were never judge by any supervisor before they promoted to a Lt., this just promotes the Bubba system. i say have everyone assigned a random number each year and submit a Lt package and then have the judges add the points and read the evaluations and give a score, and let's do it every year. If you take the test every year and pass, you get a certain point, this will separate the people that want to promote from the ones that just deceide to promote on one year and get lucky. Does anyone have any comments on that?

I think that, in addition to a written test and oral interview, candidates should be judged on work history. When looking to promote someone to investigator, wouldn't it make sense to select an officer that has demonstrated the ability to make a decent resource case. Since they're responsible for investigating fatal boat crashes, wouldn't it be nice if the candidate had completed a couple of crash reports? Of course if they knew about "accident report priviledge" and BUI arrest procedures, that would be a bonus. How can you promote someone to lieutenant when that person has never made a significant case? A good supervisor provides guidance to his officers based on knowledge and experience. How do you do that if you've never done anything?

Going back to the midnight lobster patrols: Lobsters are nocturnal. At night they spread out across the reefs and flats looking for food. When the sun rises, they seek shelter in the rocks, ledges, and caves, often sharing the spots with several other lobster. Because they are out of their holes at night, they're a little easier to catch. But, because they're spread out all over the reef, its hard to catch a lot. There's also not a lot of people out there looking for them. It makes a lot more sense to look for violations during the day, when there's a lot more divers in the water, and the divers have a better chance of finder larger quantities of bugs. I'm not aware any really significant cases having been made on night divers during mini season.

The first part of your post makes sence, but the second paragraph does not. I can not tell you how much trap robbing goes on at night. I have stopped many boats at night with mud and crawfish all over the boat, not to mention all of the motor and boat thefts that occur at night, plus alien smuggling, plus dope running, plus night fishing...you get the point.

Sorry if I was unclear. I was only talking about recreational lobstering at midnight on the opening of miniseason. I'm well aware of trap robbing, and all the other poaching, stealing and smuggling that goes on at night. Earlier in this thread, a number of people were bashing the marine officers for not being out all night on the opening night of miniseason. The point I was trying to make is that, on miniseason, its not really necessary to have a lot of people out at night, because most of the violations occur during the daytime.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456