Cadets walked out on SOT - Page 10
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Re: Cadets walked out on SOT

Yes, but did he? Only the Shadow knows......

[quote=Average Joe]
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by "Average Joe":5wo7m5u8
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Looks like Docobo is violating that statute. All the whiners can use that as a reason to get him booted, so let's see you put your money where your mouth is.

You had better reread FSS 112.3135. Jose Docobo is not in violation of this law.

It is the sheriff that signs off on all hires, promotions and terminations. The deputy chief can only recommend.

Thus the sheriff's son, who has been with FHP for at least 5 years could not he hired here.

And the deputy chief was not in his current position when his son was hired.
    (c) "Public official" means an officer, including a member of the Legislature, the Governor, and a member of the Cabinet, or an employee of an agency in whom is vested the authority by law, rule, or regulation, or to whom the authority has been delegated, to appoint, employ, promote, or advance individuals or to recommend individuals for appointment, employment, promotion, or advancement in connection with employment in an agency, including the authority as a member of a collegial body to vote on the appointment, employment, promotion, or advancement of individuals.

(2)(a) A public official may not appoint, employ, promote, or advance, or advocate for appointment, employment, promotion, or advancement, in or to a position in the agency in which the official is serving or over which the official exercises jurisdiction or control any individual who is a relative of the public official. An individual may not be appointed, employed, promoted, or advanced in or to a position in an agency if such appointment, employment, promotion, or advancement has been advocated by a public official, serving in or exercising jurisdiction or control over the agency, who is a relative of the individual or if such appointment, employment, promotion, or advancement is made by a collegial body of which a relative of the individual is a member.
    This is a prime example of what is wrong with today's deputy, they have no common sense.

All one has to do, in this case the chief deputy, is remove himself from the process when it comes to the hiring or promotion of a relative. The same goes for any other person that can recommend one for promotion, like a sgt, lt, cpt or major that turns in a list.

The sheriff, who is the leader of the agency, does not have the ability to step aside.[/quote:5wo7m5u8]

His son was promoted to Corporal and straight to Street Crimes, rather than back to patrol like every other promoted Corporal I have seen. Do you honestly believe it had nothing to do with his last name? He was also promoted much faster than any other person as well.

His son was promoted to Corporal and straight to Street Crimes, rather than back to patrol like every other promoted Corporal I have seen. Do you honestly believe it had nothing to do with his last name? He was also promoted much faster than any other person as well.

Don't just throw this stuff out there as many of us do not know how long it took him to make cpl.

As far as "Street Crimes" I will just say this, many times they can not get a supervisor to take that position. Many supervisors want nothing to do with street crimes. Many times they can't find supervisors to take the district detective slot. Do you know if there were others that wanted that position?

If I can chime in here, "AJ", many times I agree with you on this site, but not this time brother. There is no way in this world that anybody could ever convince me that no "favoritism" was not given to Docobo's son ever since day #1 at the office. He did in fact advance to Cpl way ahead of most others and I cannot remember the last time this administration did not send a newly promoted Cpl to Patrol first, to get acclamated as a new supervisor. Especially to a high liability area like Street Crimes! This administratiion has proven time and time again that they believe they are untouchable and that regulations and policies only apply when they want them to. Both Gee and Docobo should be held accountable like everybody else in this world who manages a large agency or group of people. The media gives Gee a free pass and apparently so does the County Commissioners and the Governor. I have nothing against Docobo's son, but it is not fair to all the other deputies that were more qualified then him, with many years more experience. The politics at HCSO under both Gee and Docobo is the worst I have EVER SEEN and I have beeen around a long time and held many positions at more then one agency or business.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain Wrong
    If I can chime in here, "AJ", many times I agree with you on this site, but not this time brother. There is no way in this world that anybody could ever convince me that no "favoritism" was not given to Docobo's son ever since day #1 at the office. He did in fact advance to Cpl way ahead of most others and I cannot remember the last time this administration did not send a newly promoted Cpl to Patrol first, to get acclamated as a new supervisor. Especially to a high liability area like Street Crimes! This administratiion has proven time and time again that they believe they are untouchable and that regulations and policies only apply when they want them to. Both Gee and Docobo should be held accountable like everybody else in this world who manages a large agency or group of people. The media gives Gee a free pass and apparently so does the County Commissioners and the Governor. I have nothing against Docobo's son, but it is not fair to all the other deputies that were more qualified then him, with many years more experience. The politics at HCSO under both Gee and Docobo is the worst I have EVER SEEN and I have beeen around a long time and held many positions at more then one agency or business.

OMG your kidding right?

His son started in the comm center years ago and then went to the street. He excelled in both areas. He then made detective, and also did a great job.

Now I do not know when he first started but he started on the street about 8-10 years ago. Do you really think that is rising through the ranks at a much faster pace than others?

Downtown does not select who fills the positions at the district unless there was a major problem in one of the units. Otherwise it is the major that fills the slots. And like I said several times they have filled the street crimes unit with those newly promoted because others would not put in for it.

Like I said before, can you name someone that wanted that position? If you can not then your post must only be to stir up trouble.

Hate to break the news to you average joe, but the chief has been making all the final selections for spots within the district offices for years now. This has been a well known gripe by the district majors and another one of the reasons that even most staff members cannot stand the chief.

I also disagree that he should have been sent straight to the SCU cpl position. This is very rarely ever done and the chief or office has always filled these types of spots with experienced supervisors in the past, no matter whether that supervisor put in for that position or not. The chief is again known for displacing current supervisors all over the place and rarely asks them first if they are interested in a specific position. Once again, this is and has always been one of the many reasons that most cpls and sgts despise him.

Only a fool would actually believe that the chiefs kid was not given preferential treatment over others. In all honesty, this is really no big deal compared to some of the other golden boy/girl promotions and transfers made by the Gee clan.

Y E S. . . . .There were at least two Corporals that I'm aware of within the District Office that went thru their chain of command, advising that they had interest in filling the Street Crimes Unit Corporal slot prior to and immediately after it became available. From what is being said and for obvious reasons, the District Major was apparently put in a awkward position and did not have much choice in this matter. Also, this was apparently not a popular move with the Deputies currently working in the SCU. Everybody is growing extremely sick & tired of the daily unethical way that the Sheriff & Chief Deputy go about doing things. Heck, who wouldn't be? It's one thing if these type of things and alot worse happened only every once in awhile, but it's thrown in everyones face on just about a daily basis. People have and are doing exactly what can be expected under this type of horrible mismanagement, they are quitting and/or retiring at record rates. Sadly, this is only making the already severe manpower shortage that much worse. In the end, the taxpaying citizens, which does include all of us as well, end up getting piss poor service. Just how many more cases can HCSO downgrade to lesser crimes or label No Further Leads before the entire office & community steps in and does something to stop this out of control Sheriff & Chief Deputy. Hopefully very very soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Stickler123
    Hate to break the news to you average joe, but the chief has been making all the final selections for spots within the district offices for years now. This has been a well known gripe by the district majors and another one of the reasons that even most staff members cannot stand the chief.

I also disagree that he should have been sent straight to the SCU cpl position. This is very rarely ever done and the chief or office has always filled these types of spots with experienced supervisors in the past, no matter whether that supervisor put in for that position or not. The chief is again known for displacing current supervisors all over the place and rarely asks them first if they are interested in a specific position. Once again, this is and has always been one of the many reasons that most cpls and sgts despise him.

Only a fool would actually believe that the chiefs kid was not given preferential treatment over others. In all honesty, this is really no big deal compared to some of the other golden boy/girl promotions and transfers made by the Gee clan.

Did they do more them just talk or did they take the time to turn in their resume?

For the record I never claimed it was right, just that this is not the first time.

Bottom line is that if you, or anyone else, does not like it or that you know for a fact that they are abusing their authority then be a man and step up and file a complaint with the SAO or the Attorney General's Office and let the news media know what you are doing.

Seems the Office has not change in one major way. We always had those that complained and stirred the pot waiting for someone else to stick their neck out.

I can think of at least three new corporals that I know that went to street crimes when promoted. I wont put their good names in this crap forum. Research back the last few big promotions since 2010 and see for yourself. God I have some dumb co-workers who would rather believe BS than easily research the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Copper Spoon
    I can think of at least three new corporals that I know that went to street crimes when promoted. I wont put their good names in this crap forum. Research back the last few big promotions since 2010 and see for yourself. God I have some dumb co-workers who would rather believe BS than easily research the truth.

Thank you

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast