Academy

Thread: Academy

Academy

What is academy life with the Dot like? 1 to each room? Where do you eat? Can you have people up in your room from out of town, like wives or girlfriends?

Re: Academy

It's a lot more relaxed then the other academys up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Well can you explain further? Like...answer some of the questions I asked.

What..are you LIKE planning on moving in???

Quote Originally Posted by leo guest
    What..are you LIKE planning on moving in???

Nevermind.... :roll:

What is academy life with the Dot like? 1 to each room? Where do you eat? Can you have people up in your room from out of town, like wives or girlfriends?
    The academy is more rigorous now. There is PT just about every day. There is 1 person per room and you eat at the cafeteria, which is on academy grounds. If you do not like what they have there, then you can go and get something else. If you do go out and get real food, you will have to pay for, DOT will not.

The only people that can come to your room is fellow academy members. Bring some movies to watch, a laptop and video games. You will get bored quick. After classes you can go in town and get away from the academy and enjoy life.

Sounds like less of an academy and more like a dorm

its basically an in service class not a basic recruit class. You should have already gone through the whole basic recruit stuff and got your cirt. No need to do it all over again. Not sure why they put the PT in. It should be just job specific training. If your not fit at this point. your not going to be. The academy is not long enough to transform you into a runner.

its basically an in service class not a basic recruit class. You should have already gone through the whole basic recruit stuff and got your cirt. No need to do it all over again. Not sure why they put the PT in. It should be just job specific training. If your not fit at this point. your not going to be. The academy is not long enough to transform you into a runner.
    I know why there is p.t. once again and if you've worked here long enough you'll know why. Some people want to pretend that it is a basic recruit boot camp , even though it is not but of course that is my take on it. Let the ants do the marching and leave the job specific training to the IN-SERVICE officers. There is nothing wrong with a little p.t. ( especially if that individual is in need of a little ) , just place the focus on what is going to performed for the next 20 + years.

Quote Originally Posted by n fl leo
    I know why there is p.t. once again and if you've worked here long enough you'll know why. Some people want to pretend that it is a basic recruit boot camp , even though it is not but of course that is my take on it. Let the ants do the marching and leave the job specific training to the IN-SERVICE officers. There is nothing wrong with a little p.t. ( especially if that individual is in need of a little ) , just place the focus on what is going to performed for the next 20 + years.
    Well I like the idea of Pt, it doesn't hurt. I am hoping to start July 13th in your crossover. I look forward to working with most of you.