Change 2009 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Change 2009

Re: Change 2009

Quote Originally Posted by BEACH COP
    That's right, Ladies and Gents, Beach Cop is back. After a long absence from posting comments, I have decided to pull my monster spoon down off of the wall (my s%#t stirring spoon) and post. First, I would like to address the hilarious post about "Public Disparagement". Where is that statute????? Go to the Florida State Statute website and type in "Public Disparagement" in the search engine and see what pops up. NOTHING! I am unaware of ANY law that prohibits anyone from speaking the truth while involved in a conversation with another (as long as it is not case sensitive). The word is already on the street (and according to a few "little birdies" its getting to the right people) as to how little is being done by our upstairs to hold the department together. None of it is a lie, so bring on your IA's for your imaginary laws. Does the city really have enough money for yet ANOTHER lawsuit?
    The second point I would like to address is telling people to "hang in there". WHY???? Even if the city can get finances back on track, is THIS a department that someone should give another 10, 20, or 30 years to? The department rewards incompetence, extreme laziness, unprofessionalism and down right stupidity! Maybe "back in the day" it was a great place to work and none of that was tollerated, but that was then and this is now. Work hard and do your job, you get kicked in the teeth. Do nothing and pout over everything, you get whatever you want.
    So again, I ask, WHY???? Why stay? The names of a few that have applications in with other agencies are floating around, but what most don't know is MORE THAN 50% of patrol has active app's in RIGHT NOW! Not just "considering" it, they are currently in the process. Names that no one has ever mentioned about leaving, but they are. They see the problems, they stuck it out as long as they could and have finally had enough. So all of you die hards out there that LOVE looking down at anyone who has half a brain for not agreeing with everything that comes out of the third floor, go ahead and opine (that means express an opinion for the "non-educated folk") :snicker: :lol: Bring it! I shall remain silent no more!
    "Opine"...yeah youre real smart because you steal words from the OReilly Factor.
    First, Public Disparagement is not a criminal violation so you have a ball touching yourself as you search the statutes. It's an administrative violation so you can quit caling your lawyer.
    Second, everyone can put 100 applications in to 100 agencies and they will get nothing and like it. No one is hiring and they certainly arent hiring lazy veterans with bad attitudes.
    Third, dont like it? THEN QUIT!

Wow, apparently I have ruffled some feathers. Not really sure what that "ball" thing was about. I didn't realize that Bill O'Reilly owned the rights to "opine", since you think I have stolen a word from him that appears in the dictionary. And, to address your "no one is hiring", YES THERE ARE AGENCIES HIRING!!!! You must either be Unit 1 or have been talking to Unit 1 because that has been his response "don't worry, no one is hiring". We just had someone leave to go to another agency a month ago (thought no one was hiring?). In these economic times, agencies are not going to waste money by putting people through a process if they are not hiring. Here are just a few of the departments that are ACTIVELY HIRING: Tampa PD, Pasco SO, FHP, FWC & FDOT. Check for yourself if you don't believe me.
    I would like to thank you for correcting me that "Public Disparagement" is an administrative law. It seemed as if the person that put that in their original post was pointing toward a criminal law (hence the threat of I.A.). I stand corrected. Unlike most, I can actually admit when I am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Beach Cop
    Wow, apparently I have ruffled some feathers. Not really sure what that "ball" thing was about. I didn't realize that Bill O'Reilly owned the rights to "opine", since you think I have stolen a word from him that appears in the dictionary. And, to address your "no one is hiring", YES THERE ARE AGENCIES HIRING!!!! You must either be Unit 1 or have been talking to Unit 1 because that has been his response "don't worry, no one is hiring". We just had someone leave to go to another agency a month ago (thought no one was hiring?). In these economic times, agencies are not going to waste money by putting people through a process if they are not hiring. Here are just a few of the departments that are ACTIVELY HIRING: Tampa PD, Pasco SO, FHP, FWC & FDOT. Check for yourself if you don't believe me.
    I would like to thank you for correcting me that "Public Disparagement" is an administrative law. It seemed as if the person that put that in their original post was pointing toward a criminal law (hence the threat of I.A.). I stand corrected. Unlike most, I can actually admit when I am wrong.
    That was ME in the original post hoping to see IA get involved. IA doesnt only get involved if there is a criminal violation. Their job is investigating rule violations and it just so happens that committing a criminal offense is a violation of administrative rules. Its scary that you have no clue what the rules are. Rule enforcement is just as important as law enforcement.

Well "ME" I understand the difference between adm. rules and law rules, however I would like to see the rule your referring to in our rule book. Maybe Unit 1 will place it in there tonight. Nevertheless, even if the rule was in place I am sure that the rule does not label telling the truth as a violation. Also, even if an employee violated the rule what is the punishment 4 weeks off given in sections as not to hurt the employee too badly. Like we did when an officer was placed at a scene of a reported crime. This same officer failed a polygraph and still remained employed. Your so called rule (even though telling the truth is never against the rules) if broken what would the employee receive a gift certificate for being bad.

We are well beyond little so called rules this late in the game. We have real serious morale and money problems. I am not casting blame however I want the best person for the job. Unit 1 and 2 "you are not them." I know we don't have the power to change that but we don't have to sit back and keep our mouths shut over "dum moves." We have the right to tell the truth and a duty.

If you feel telling the truth is wrong then you need to look in the mirror. If you feel that the employee's who are concerned with these issues should quit then your not a very strong leader. I am asking for leadership not a war. Threats of quitting or IA are not scary its sad.

Unit 1 look at the support you have..NONE...be careful of those who are dedicated and honest.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12