Change 2009
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Change 2009

Change 2009

Does the city really value our services and time of service? I know its TOUGH all over but does that help pay the bills..? I feel cutting that cutting the senior management will help save costs since their positions are the most expensive and lets face it "do they really work that hard for the pay they receive?" I don't think even 238 or 269 can argue that......! For our survial we need leadership and dedication to the members and just to lunchs and "Smoothie King...." Lets hope that the union and its members express their interests and the city listens.........?

Re: Change 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Still Trying......
    Does the city really value our services and time of service? I know its TOUGH all over but does that help pay the bills..? I feel cutting that cutting the senior management will help save costs since their positions are the most expensive and lets face it "do they really work that hard for the pay they receive?" I don't think even 238 or 269 can argue that......! For our survial we need leadership and dedication to the members and just to lunchs and "Smoothie King...." Lets hope that the union and its members express their interests and the city listens.........?
    There's a real easy solution to all your whining: QUIT if its so G%$D*&% bad you ingrate jerko.

Quit: Thats your solution to the problem...Do you quit in life when things get tough? I don't know who you are but either you don't work here, have less than 10 years on, and/or you are part of the problem.....Whining: that's what you call it...Whining means complaining and doing nothing about it. I am "still trying..." The morale around the place is the worst I have seen it in a decade....The leadership has there head in the sand and have made "QWEW!@###" moves for the departments future....and your solution is quit....I am not so easy on giving up....I still care....

You know its hard to look forward when the everything is looking so DULL, 3rd Floor does not back you, city mgr wants to get rid of you, and short handed on the street. Gosh, now we know how the guys at St Pete PD feel. CM lays off police officers and firefighters and keeps his 11 mil $$ pool open which no one uses. Tells us to cut, no raises or cola, cut vacation time, and wants to do away with the catastrophic leave which the police dept has over 4,000 hrs built up and was told they have no funds to fund it, where did this go !! City want to buy a LED digital sign for city hall at $14,000 do they really need it no. CM keeps telling depts to cut but they spend money they dont have. Its all getting real crazy and us bee's are to be HAPPY, its hard to keep the ol smile when your getting kicked in the behind all the time. But new vest have been ordered for us with trauma plates in front and back.. Keep the faith !!

We have to lift our heads, I know its hard but we have too. It is obvious that the CM and the current department heads are going to do what is best for them and not the whole. The proposed budget, wage deal, and department staffing is extremely scary if you really take a look at it. But the answer is not to walk away or give up or even what the other post said "quit."

The answer is to lift your head up, let the citizens and city know who is pulling there weight and who is not. Keep pushing forward and if that doesn't work, then we should work harder and never give up. It use to be a great place, it use to have meaning and we were moving forward. We can get back to that....We have to believe.....if we don't believe the CM and current department heads won't help.....

Quote Originally Posted by Not giving up
    We have to lift our heads, I know its hard but we have too. It is obvious that the CM and the current department heads are going to do what is best for them and not the whole. The proposed budget, wage deal, and department staffing is extremely scary if you really take a look at it. But the answer is not to walk away or give up or even what the other post said "quit."

The answer is to lift your head up, let the citizens and city know who is pulling there weight and who is not. Keep pushing forward and if that doesn't work, then we should work harder and never give up. It use to be a great place, it use to have meaning and we were moving forward. We can get back to that....We have to believe.....if we don't believe the CM and current department heads won't help.....
    Youre suggesting officers should talk bad about people "not pulling their weight" to the citizens. Just try it, sport, and youll be up to your neck in internal affairs due to Public Disparagement. You have two options: keep your mouth shut and be happy you have a job OR just QUIT!!!

you hit it right on the nose but also CM must learn not to spend money they dont have. CM has ways to cut the budget without cutting Public safety and cutting our benfits and furloug days just does not cut it for 24/7 operation it would cause additional overtime, and CM gets his contract extended for 2 more years great more spending on the wrong things ..

Why does it seem like all ones complaining have less than 5 years till there 20...
    Oh thats right they need to hold on to their retirement. But what about the rest of us ? When your 20 is up you are going to care less about who is left. Is there anyone with seniority or the balls who is willing to plan for he future. (and I don't mean 3 years 5 months and 10 days in the future). I should just send out applications like the 6 or 7 who already have.

Be happy we have a job and keep our mouths shut or we will be investigated...Nice try, either the department head who wrote this or his spouse needs to wake up...first of all you can never get in trouble for telling the truth. Second of all the internal affair investigators that are in the department are either looking to leave themselves or are in so much personal conflict they are looking for help or friends...

If the big cheese wants to do the investigation himself (even though there is no violation for telling the truth) that person doesn't even have the support from the people who hired him/her. Sad but true...Listen any of you out there in this department if you still care and are willing or trying to hold on. Tell the truth, fight or flight at this time. It has been done before, remember the current leadership in the department is here because of change. Both at our agency and their past agencies. Don't quit.

That's right, Ladies and Gents, Beach Cop is back. After a long absence from posting comments, I have decided to pull my monster spoon down off of the wall (my s%#t stirring spoon) and post. First, I would like to address the hilarious post about "Public Disparagement". Where is that statute????? Go to the Florida State Statute website and type in "Public Disparagement" in the search engine and see what pops up. NOTHING! I am unaware of ANY law that prohibits anyone from speaking the truth while involved in a conversation with another (as long as it is not case sensitive). The word is already on the street (and according to a few "little birdies" its getting to the right people) as to how little is being done by our upstairs to hold the department together. None of it is a lie, so bring on your IA's for your imaginary laws. Does the city really have enough money for yet ANOTHER lawsuit?
    The second point I would like to address is telling people to "hang in there". WHY???? Even if the city can get finances back on track, is THIS a department that someone should give another 10, 20, or 30 years to? The department rewards incompetence, extreme laziness, unprofessionalism and down right stupidity! Maybe "back in the day" it was a great place to work and none of that was tollerated, but that was then and this is now. Work hard and do your job, you get kicked in the teeth. Do nothing and pout over everything, you get whatever you want.
    So again, I ask, WHY???? Why stay? The names of a few that have applications in with other agencies are floating around, but what most don't know is MORE THAN 50% of patrol has active app's in RIGHT NOW! Not just "considering" it, they are currently in the process. Names that no one has ever mentioned about leaving, but they are. They see the problems, they stuck it out as long as they could and have finally had enough. So all of you die hards out there that LOVE looking down at anyone who has half a brain for not agreeing with everything that comes out of the third floor, go ahead and opine (that means express an opinion for the "non-educated folk") :snicker: :lol: Bring it! I shall remain silent no more!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast