2% cut coming - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2% cut coming

Re: 2% cut coming

Well, It's official. I now care 2% less today than yesterday. What is even more insulting than loosing 2% of what I have earned, is to know that 80% of employees of this state earn less than 45K a year. The legislature must be pleased with themselves and take pride in knowing the state has cemented it's hold on last place in the nationwide rankings for state employees. This short sighted political move will have repercussions for many years. Don't worry though - your insurance won't go up next year.

Dude, you really need a reality check; you need to wake from that mis-guided notion. You just described the republican philosophy. Please grab a dictionary or encyclopedia and research the two concepts cuz I think you are confused.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    This is the Democrat philosophy. Crush the little man so he is forced to look to the government to save him. While the entire time it was the government that put him that position to begin with. At least for now we all still have a job. For now...

Under Florida Republican rule, the working man has faced three years of no pay raises, and sporadic COL bumps. Even when the budget was fat with surplus - no raises. Add the pay cut, with more surely to follow and you have at least one less republican in Florida (me) The job gets bigger but the workforce gets smaller. Political paybacks cause sadly inept friends to be placed in high paid positions. The smugness of some elected officials to pat themselves on the back for doing such a great job. The list goes on. You can register as NPA (NO PARTY AFFILIATION) That seems to be the only option now. I can't support a party that doesn't support me. AS I understand it, there are PBA blue cards being circulated to all lts and cpts in every state agency. We already know what the state thinks of you. Sign a card and send it in. It's all you have at this point.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by ;1407794
    Recipe for disaster -

No salary increases +
    No cost of living increases +
    Future increases in insurance costs +
    Pay cut +
    Fewer personnel +
    Record low morale +
    No clearly defined mission =

A steel toed boot on the throat of the working man. Don't forget your car report is due.
    This was posted 11 years ago. My how things have changed.

Unregistered
    Hey. I work my 40 hours a week, have an a nice new car to drive and take home, my lieutenant doesn’t bother me so what more can I ask for. I’ve been exploring my district and making the best of it.

Unregistered
    Well you obviously don’t work in Tampa where we are micromanaged to death over this

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Well you obviously don’t work in Tampa where we are micromanaged to death over this
    Judging by your work product, you deserve it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12