Movie or reality?

Movie or reality?

It is amazing how life imitates art. Here are some quotes from a great movie. Sound familiarr?

The first thing you've got to learn about this ship is that she was designed by geniuses to be run by idiots.

Mr. Maryk, Mr. Kieth. The captain wants a meeting with all officers, right away.
    Lt. Maryk: Now? At one o'clock in the morning?
    Whittaker: Yes, sir.
    Lt. Maryk: Do you know what it's about?
    Whittaker: Yes, sir - strawberries.

This is the engine room; to operate, all you need is any group of well-trained monkeys. 99 percent of everything we do is strict routine. Only one percent requires creative intelligence.

Doctor. You have testified that the following symptoms exist in Lieutenant-Commander Queeg's behavior. Rigidity of personality, feelings of persecution, unreasonable suspicion, a mania for perfection, and a neurotic certainty that he is always in the right. Doctor isn't there one psychiatric term for this illness?
    Doctor ****son: I never said there was any illness.

Re: Movie or reality?

Does this have anything to do with the morons running ABT?

Re: Movie or reality?

This is ABT. All you need is any group of well-trained monkeys. 99 percent of everything we do is strict routine. Only one percent requires creative intelligence.

Fixed it for you. I know a lt that was told this very thing when he was promoted.
    I don't remember the Chief at the time, but I remember him saying this at the academy. I laughed so hard, tea shot out my nose!!!!