1,027 days without a raise!!

1,027 days without a raise!!

It has been 1,027 days without a raise. No cost of living. No nothing. Think about it. 1,027 days. The union should not have to beg for the money. Hurley should not have to beg for the money. We show what we are worth every day!!!

Stop blaming our own people. Blame the ones responsible for not giving us a raise: Stinson, Perez, Barerra, Diaz de la Portilla, Feldman, Hantman, Holloway, Karp, and Logan!!!! What have they done for us?

In the end, they hold the keys right? Think the union doesn't want to get paid? Think command staff doesnt know they don't get a raise until the officers get a raise? Stop blaming our own people and start blaming those with the wallets. Think about it.

Re: 1,027 days without a raise!!

What is Hurley doing for us ????? NOTHING. LOL

Like him or not, he has brought a level of accoutability to the Department. Standardized the way we do things. Learned from past mistakes (there is no instruction manual on how to be chief). Who has he burned since he has been chief? It's not like the guy is making $200,000 a year. I wouldn't want his job for what he gets paid. Divide it by the number of hours he works by what he gets paid, and he makes less than you.

Point is, blaming the union and the chief for not getting a raise in over 1,000 days is letting the school board off the hook. All they have to do is sign on the dotted line and we have our raise. It should not take that much work to get a raise. I know we are all angry. Let's just make sure we channel that anger in the right ways.

You're right. There is no instruction manual on how to be chief. The way you prepare for that position is through experience and WORKING your way up through the ranks. It just goes to show you that you can someone rank but you can't give them experience. I don't dislike Hurley.He's just over his head.