OUR NEW UNION IUPA!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

OUR NEW UNION IUPA!

I had my doubts about IUPA in the beginning but in my research and talking to every PSL officer I can find they’ve said the difference between PBA and IUPA is night and day. I know I’m tired of being in the dark with the PBA so I’m ready for some daylight. Go IUPA! Does anyone know when the vote is? The quicker we dump the useless PBA the better!

Re: OUR NEW UNION IUPA!

Amen! :devil:

Vince Champion's Lies

Don't believe Vince Champion and the PBA's LIES...here's what they said in their posting on their website:

Dear Friends:

As Spring rolls forward things have never been busier at your PBA & PEA. Soon we will have exciting announcements about new units coming on board and it gives me great personal pride to inform you that we are expanding our membership each day, despite an economy that has adversely affected us all. That’s the good news.

Best Regards,

Vincent L. Champion, President
    Coastal Florida Police Benevolent Association
    Coastal Florida Public Employees Association

----------------------------------------------------------------------

THE TRUTH IS:

The PBA/PEA have not filed an R/C petition in OVER ONE YEAR:

RC08007 - Coastal Florida Police Benevolent Association, Inc. vs. City of Port Orange
    Filed with PERC on 2/12/08.

So what about it folks? Tired of carrying Vince and his pathetic excuse for a union on your back? Tired of forking over your hard earned money to pay dues to belong to a union that is shrinking smaller and smaller every day? If so, then make the smart decision that your brothers and sisters in Port St. Lucie have already made...VOTE IUPA!!!!!

I'm a state LEO who used to work for Ft. Pierce. The state LEOs had IUPA representation for a few years and recently switched back to the PBA. When we first switched back to PBA, we saw them all the time with PBA applications, encouraging everybody to sign up and start paying dues. That was about 2 years ago... I haven't seen a PBA rep since then. That being said, I really haven't noticed a difference in the representation. Our contract is pretty much the same. IUPA, PBA, FOP, they're all the same. What makes the difference is how strong your bargaining unit is and that's something that only your members can control. Whatever it is that you decide to do, best of luck to you. SD

If anybody hasn't seen Vince stutter through a press release that he and the PBA stupidly posted on Youtube, check it out here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgDJ51UKWgk

He sounds like Porky Pig having a freaking seizure! Way to go Vince, you're quite the spokesperson...maybe you should stick to written press releases! You had it written down for God's sake! God help those deputies as their careers are in your hands and the hands of Val Shealey.

Check out the latest PBA/PEA loses on the PERC website:

RC-20009-028, CFPEA v. City of Sebastian v. CWA, dismissed representation/certification petition, June 3, 2009.

CA-2009-043, David Pierre-Louis v. City of Port St. Lucie, dismissed ULP, May 27, 2009.

While not popular, there is someone that can help Ft. Pierce and the Officers. He is the one we all call first when we have a problem. He is the one that can answer your questions. He is the one that the Chief and the Administration attack at every turn. I find myself making fun of him but thank God he is on our side.

Port St Lucie Police Officer Assn, Local #6015 wishes to congratulate our fellow brother and sister officers in Fort Pierce for making the right choice in the election. You will not regret it. You will have to find some strong leaders that want to be your Board of Directors. You will now control your own destiny. You will not have to worry about someone in Daytona Beach making the decisions for you. You will make you own decisions.

If we can be of any help, please go to our website at http://www.pslpoa.com. You can find the contact information there. Just call, we will be more than willing to help in any way we can. Once again, CONGRATULATIONS.

Congrats folks for making the right...and long over due...decision to get rid of Vince and his crony machine at the PBA. Your lives will be MUCH better with IUPA and you'll get decent representation and fair and equitable treatment!

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Congrats folks for making the right...and long over due...decision to get rid of Vince and his crony machine at the PBA. Your lives will be MUCH better with IUPA and you'll get decent representation and fair and equitable treatment!
    How things improving under IUPA? LOL? I heard dues went up. Is that what you call "improvement"? By the way, since we left PBA, they went out and added two new units. Oh, and they kicked IUPA's rear-end all over the county on the Jail vote.

Looks like we backed an idiot into battle. Hope it's not too late to go back!

PBA lost St. Lucie Co. to IUPA 131-9....HOLY CRAP!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast