Reserve officer caught stealing at t40 - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Reserve officer caught stealing at t40

Quote Originally Posted by Guest111
    Training and Personnel have already pulled the T40 records for 2008 when they took over the reserve program. The reports are available at 34th street if you would like to look at them. The facts are this, reserves took a very small percentage of the billed hours out of the extra duty office. There are a good number of reserve officers that have never even touched an hour of extra duty, yet donated 400- 500 hours each year.

The perception is reserve officers take all of the good jobs and work all the available t40 hours, this is simply not true. Most of this is based on rumors that have been carried on for years and because one person said it to another, it must be fact. So that person told there friend and so on and so on. Why do you think the PBA or the Administration never steps into this issue. The reason is the rumors, simply don't match the facts and there are more important issues to deal with. I will agree that some jobs at venues may be handed out in what may appear to an unfair fashion, They could change the program, but someone will always find a way to work around it, that's human nature. You cannot blame the reserve officers for taking those jobs(it's a full time supervisor that schedules them). If someone came to you and asked you to be put on the roster for a venue, I doubt most would take a stand and say it's unfair, therefore I'm not taking it. You'd take the job.

A Reserve II can only work a job after a full timer has signed up. That leaves in most cases only bars and traffic positions. I have seen multiple one man job calendars filled out for an entire month by the same full timer officer, that isn't a reserve officer stealing your hours or jobs. The system ain't perfect, but that's the system.

Reserves aren't stealing anything from you, your paycheck comes as promised every two weeks with the salary and the benefits you agreed to when you accepted the position. Nobody told the background investigator or the person who extended the offer to be hired, I'm not talking this job, if your going to let reserves work extra duty. Extra duty is no more a right for a full timer to work then it is for a reserve officer. The city advertised the ability to work extra duty on the reserve website as part of the recruiting process, don't blame a reserve for working it. There's no doubt your taking advantage of every benefit offered to you. Anybody turned down the 3 hours of court time, because they were there 30 mins. You took it, jump in your city owned car and drove home with your city paid gas and smiled the whole way (You probably stopped at Chik F La on your way home and picked up your free meal.) I've been in the dept for a number of years now and started in the reserve program. Most of the criticism level at the reserve program, is either simply not true or the rumors have been inflated. Most of the reserves are hardworking and want to do a good job. Everyone has there bad apples, including us.
    Wow, someone actually made a post with knowledge and common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest111
    Extra duty is no more a right for a full timer to work then it is for a reserve officer.
    If you do not have duty in the first place how can you have "extra" ?

That guy is a squirrel. Besides wearing under armor shirts all day in D3, he came to work one day in his CSO uniform with a firearm at his side. You know, since he worked as reserve officer also. He basically violated the law related to open carry of firearms. Like the other post, they should search his home. I bet he has riot gear, issue items and other things he found laying around. That guy should have been let go a while ago.

Since he is gone, does that help us get a .0005 % raise now?

I will agree that some jobs at venues may be handed out in what may appear to an unfair fashion
    You mean how a 15 year officer can't get on at the Fourm? Or the way certain jobs are hidden and never spoken about except by those in the "know"?

A Reserve II can only work a job after a full timer has signed up. That leaves in most cases only bars and traffic positions.
    I believe most of the problems are with the Reserve I's and their mafia like grip on some jobs. You won't find many full time officers that have a problem with a Reserve II working a bar. Besides most Reserve II's are in the program because they have a genuine interest in LE and TPD. The Reserve I program however has turned into an after retirement CAREER, which it was never met to be.

Exclamation Re: Reserve officer caught stealing at t40

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    I guess it just wasn't enough to steal the T40 from the rest of us.....
    There we go......Some FullTime A**Hole Thinking the Reserves are stealing something from them......

Quote Originally Posted by GuestWho
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    I guess it just wasn't enough to steal the T40 from the rest of us.....
    There we go......Some FullTime A**Hole Thinking the Reserves are stealing something from them......

Because they are..DIPSH!T...I dont care who says what...I guarantee that the "good jobs" (St Pete Times Forum, Legends Field, 4,6,8 hour "babysitting jobs" on some obscure thing in the city, neighborhoods, and Raymond James Stadium) are monopolized by a certain group of reservists (translation--TPD Retirees). As a patron to some of these events I have duly noted the amount of reserves on these details. It is so sickening!!! If I was able to work these jobs, I likely would not be a patron...I would have worked it. How about the past Super Bowl. Tell me how many hours were devoured by Reserves. No, a-hole I'm not talking about gameday when everybody (most) were required to work on duty. Im talking about the NFLX "babysitting jobs", and other gravy handed out to these reserve I's that I would have loved to have gotten my hands on but couldnt because "I didnt act quick enough". Is this fast enough, "Can you call Ret Sgt ___ and tell them that their job has been filled by a full time officer?" The way it should be done!!!

Tell me another thing...what kind of police action are these Reserve I's supposed to take if they had to? Hey full timer....take this report.

Without sarcasm, I think the problem is that these reserve I guys were respected guys within TPD when they were full time officers. They get these jobs because they are, well, still respected as people. The good ole boy system at its finest...and that is wrong. I also like these guys...but guess what...its time to step to one side and take what is left over. Again, the system fails us...not the Reservists that take the jobs. Extra Duty should be distributed through the Extra Duty Office...PERIOD!! To think that the PBA does not think this is an issue absolutely blows my mind.

There is a simple fix for reserves and the exrtra duty jobs, every hour you give this month you can work next month extra duty. So if in April you rode 12 hours, then in May you can work 12 hours extra duty. Fair, something for you and something for the dept. They should also be assigned to districts and each Major and his staff should get the list if who they got, that way if they need help with man power they can try and call a reserve to see if he is availble to help out. Hell being Ybor takes up most of Sector F manpower, if your a reserve and you work down there on Friday or Saturday you can double your allowed extra duty hours for that shift. There has to be a better tracking system to make them more usable for the 11 months of they year that there is no parade.

Some reserves do a good job and love riding and you see them now in then, but all those reserve ones that retired our the ones soaking up the best jobs and are like ghost in patrol. All these retires are not hanging around as reserves because the want to ride 12 hours a month.

To the guy from training who checked on the reserves and how many extra duty hours they worked, why don't you just tell us how many extra duty hours they worked last year. We are waiting for the number! Saying its a lesser percentage than full time officers does not really paint a true picture, raw numbers please.

Its a damn shame that Spencer decided to steal. Its a slap in the face for the entire department and I wonder what else he has pocketed over his years here. Hey Spencer if you are reading this please tell us why?

The Reserves work about 13% of the total hours billed for 2008. Not very much at all overall. All this time people complained about the reserves stealing jobs and hours, but no one ever bother ask the question or just check the facts. Isn't this what we do for a living, investigate. The reports are and always have been available for review, but it was just easier to assume we were all getting screwed.

As as the Superbowl, This was a great example, how perception becomes reality.There were only two reserves assigned inside the stadium on Super Bowl Day. These two were selected by the Major based on there contribution to the department in Volunteer hours. One had donated over 600 hours. There was one reserve assigned to NFLX and various other reserves assigned to traffic positions outside the stadium. Now considering how many full time officers were assigned inside the Stadium and NFLX the percentage of assigned reserves was very low(only three). But the rumors would have you believe there were 20 reserves working inside the stadium and NFLX, people hear it so again it must be true.

I'm not going to speak to the Reserve 1 program, but to only say we may need this program one day ourselves for the extra money. Be careful what you wish for. I'm not saying the way jobs are handling are fair, but it is what it is. There are a lot of full timer officers who have good jobs lock up as well that you never see. This just isn't a Reserve 1 issue.

That's all I'll speak to on this subject. The reports are available at 34th St. A public forum is not the place to release detail breakdowns. You are always invited to view. Any chance to get rid of negative stereotypes can only enhance the program.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest1111
    The Reserves work about 13% of the total hours billed for 2008. Not very much at all overall. All this time people complained about the reserves stealing jobs and hours, but no one ever bother ask the question or just check the facts. Isn't this what we do for a living, investigate. The reports are and always have been available for review, but it was just easier to assume we were all getting screwed.

As as the Superbowl, This was a great example, how perception becomes reality.There were only two reserves assigned inside the stadium on Super Bowl Day. These two were selected by the Major based on there contribution to the department in Volunteer hours. One had donated over 600 hours. There was one reserve assigned to NFLX and various other reserves assigned to traffic positions outside the stadium. Now considering how many full time officers were assigned inside the Stadium and NFLX the percentage of assigned reserves was very low(only three). But the rumors would have you believe there were 20 reserves working inside the stadium and NFLX, people hear it so again it must be true.

I'm not going to speak to the Reserve 1 program, but to only say we may need this program one day ourselves for the extra money. Be careful what you wish for. I'm not saying the way jobs are handling are fair, but it is what it is. There are a lot of full timer officers who have good jobs lock up as well that you never see. This just isn't a Reserve 1 issue.

That's all I'll speak to on this subject. The reports are available at 34th St. A public forum is not the place to release detail breakdowns. You are always invited to view. Any chance to get rid of negative stereotypes can only enhance the program.

Look I can make up a number too. I say the percentae of hours worked was 50%. There is no way to prove if my number is right or worng too. So hahahahaha!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast