A WAR ZONE? HE!! YES !!

Member LEO Affairs Detective

Post A WAR ZONE? HE!! YES !!

That outrage has also revitalized an old debate: Is the city safe just because statistics say it is?

Pinellas-Pasco Chief Assistant State Attorney Bruce Bartlett likened St. Petersburg to a war zone.

"There is a definite crime problem in St. Pete, and it needs to be dealt with," he said. "Don't tell me we don't have a problem if we've got this going on."

Police Chief Chuck Harmon said he's outraged, too. But once again he answered that outrage with numbers: "Crime in Bartlett Park is down" he said.

And, the chief said, four "thugs" shouldn't be allowed to speak for an entire city.

"I don't think anyone should use this to say St. Pete is a war zone or is out of control," Harmon said. "That's totally wrong. You can't define a community by the acts of four individuals."
    Thank You Bruce Bartlett for telling it how it is. St Petersburg IS a war zone! The place is out of control! Why is it that Chief Harmon and the Staff are the only ones who can't see it.

Crime is down...BS Even if crime was down...one senseless murder is too many. Sure some who are killed place themselves into the environment that leads to their death and its almost understandable. But a drive by shooting where over 50 rounds are fired and an 8 year old child is killed is NOT acceptable. A woman shot in the head and killed while walking home with a loaf of bread is NOT acceptable. Two detectives shot and critically injured in less then a year is NOT acceptable. Neither is throwing out statistics to make people beleive that its a safe place.

South St Pete is not a safe place and we don't have the resourses or the staff ba!!s available to do anything about it. Sure you'll respond with some police cruisers sitting in the area to try to avoid a retaliation shooting. Lets hope the officers who are being "placed in harms way" with this ridiculous response arn't the next targets.

The SPPD needs to take immediate around the clock no holds barred aggressive action to rid the streets of the scum that have all but destroyed an entire culture. Anything less is a complete failure to command and should result in the immediate removal of te Chief and his support staff!!!!
    St. Pete was once a place of honor, It can be again......

Re: A WAR ZONE? HE!! YES !!

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator
    That outrage has also revitalized an old debate: Is the city safe just because statistics say it is?

Pinellas-Pasco Chief Assistant State Attorney Bruce Bartlett likened St. Petersburg to a war zone.

"There is a definite crime problem in St. Pete, and it needs to be dealt with," he said. "Don't tell me we don't have a problem if we've got this going on."

Police Chief Chuck Harmon said he's outraged, too. But once again he answered that outrage with numbers: "Crime in Bartlett Park is down" he said.

And, the chief said, four "thugs" shouldn't be allowed to speak for an entire city.

"I don't think anyone should use this to say St. Pete is a war zone or is out of control," Harmon said. "That's totally wrong. You can't define a community by the acts of four individuals."
    Thank You Bruce Bartlett for telling it how it is. St Petersburg IS a war zone! The place is out of control! Why is it that Chief Harmon and the Staff are the only ones who can't see it.

Crime is down...BS Even if crime was down...one senseless murder is too many. Sure some who are killed place themselves into the environment that leads to their death and its almost understandable. But a drive by shooting where over 50 rounds are fired and an 8 year old child is killed is NOT acceptable. A woman shot in the head and killed while walking home with a loaf of bread is NOT acceptable. Two detectives shot and critically injured in less then a year is NOT acceptable. Neither is throwing out statistics to make people beleive that its a safe place.

South St Pete is not a safe place and we don't have the resourses or the staff ba!!s available to do anything about it. Sure you'll respond with some police cruisers sitting in the area to try to avoid a retaliation shooting. Lets hope the officers who are being "placed in harms way" with this ridiculous response arn't the next targets.

The SPPD needs to take immediate around the clock no holds barred aggressive action to rid the streets of the scum that have all but destroyed an entire culture. Anything less is a complete failure to command and should result in the immediate removal of te Chief and his support staff!!!!
    Well if your getting crazy up in arms that someone thinks its a war zone then you must have expected to be working like a high price security guard. If you want your money for nothing go work out on the beach and take dog-poop on the sidewalk calls and leave the war zone to the real men.

Quote Originally Posted by run and hide little boy

Well if your getting crazy up in arms that someone thinks its a war zone then you must have expected to be working like a high price security guard. If you want your money for nothing go work out on the beach and take dog-poop on the sidewalk calls and leave the war zone to the real men.
    Why would you say real men (plural) From the sound of your post, you could go down there solo and clean up dodge all by yourself!! You go boy!! :cop:

Member LEO Affairs Detective

And you're a real man? If you're working down here with that attitude then you're part of the problem. I'd bet at the sound of gunfire you're the type that rolls up your windows and turns up the music. Pathetic loser. The sppd needs a new squad that uses Green Team tactics. Like I said "around the clock no holds barred aggressive enforcement action"
    St. Pete was once a place of honor, It can be again......

And you're a real man? If you're working down here with that attitude then you're part of the problem. I'd bet at the sound of gunfire you're the type that rolls up your windows and turns up the music. Pathetic loser. The sppd needs a new squad that uses Green Team tactics. Like I said "around the clock no holds barred aggressive enforcement action"
    Then we on the same page, gladiator. Thats what Im saying from jumpstreet anyway. You cant use Green Team tactics if you aint in a war zone right?

Crime is down my ass, we don't call the police anymore because all they do is drive by and do nothing. If we don't call you don't report and crime stats are down. That is the fact you police department is a joke lead by a clown. My family is locked down by dark and we fear everyone around us.

http://www.cityrating.com/citycrime....sburg&state=FL

(I tried to post the above link, but I'm not sure if it works.)

Here is a look at St. Pete in comparison to the national average. Looks like we have 'em beat in ALL categories! Way to go Chuck. Keep telling the public crime is down and everyone is safe!

The first article I saw someone on the department said it was a Gang shooting. Notice the word "Gang" hasn't been used since.

Hey now Chunky was PISSED OFF like I've never seen before on the news he called them THUGS and said they would be STOPPED!! His eyes musta rolled back in his head about 100 times in the 1 minute interview. See what happens when a little black girl is shot (btw, serious sympathy for the poor little girl...not the rest of the scumbags in the house with her which caused her to be in danger in the first place...also no mama or daddy, just a "guardian" on crack...made me sick) I wish Chunk-boy would show that kind of anger when one of our officers get shot. POS. Also, why a little girl when the rest of the house was full of street scum that no one would ever miss. Wheres the karma? And, really what chance did that little girl ever have to be a happy, productive citizen in that environment? IT'S ANOTHER GREAT DAY IN ST PETERSBURG, huh mayor ****???? But Bartlett is wrong, we aint gots no crimes problem here in da burg!

As an ofc who works D1 I can tell you that it is a war zone. The citizens have no respect for us as a department and we have no control over the streets. We need to take the city back but that is not going to happen with the brass we have now. I mean if your running some dope in your car or carrying a few guns just flee from a traffic stop because all we can do is turn around with our tail between our legs. Maybe the PCSO should start having some deputies come southside to actually catch some of these dirtbags. I mean all we do is babysit the thugs when they have their block party at 12/12 or when they go to foodmax after a night at Somethin Durty. Its a joke. This would never happen in another city.