hiring

Thread: hiring

hiring

can someone tell me do u need a degree to get hired by hcso, a college degree im speaking of

Re: hiring

For you, a degree in English might be necessary.

no u doesn't kneed to b two educated.

that mite be gud for u.

why is it that you post a legitimate question and you get wise remarks, if your a deputy, wow your a juvenile delinquent in your responses, i asked this question for a friend of mine who has a h.s. degree but no college yet but wants to be a deputy,,,,,, and i get a response re; my needing an education, how juvenile of you, now will someone with a brain answer my question can someone be hired with just a high school education. thanks to someone who can answer properly.

Quote Originally Posted by qualifications
    can someone be hired with just a high school education.
    As a Detention Deputy yes. As a Law Enforcement Deputy no, unless they have some military years to substitute for the education requirement. I would suggest instead of asking on this site that you visit the HCSO website. There you will find a link that leads to the recruitment qualifications and procedures. You could also call (813)247-8000 during regular business hours and ask for the Recruitment & Screening section. Hope this helps. Good luck.

You get that type of response because every few weeks someone comes on here with the same questions. There is an official website that has all the info you would need. If you are not intelligent enough to seek out the proper way to gain information, you or your friend has no business applying in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by qualifications
    why is it that you post a legitimate question and you get wise remarks, if your a deputy, wow your a juvenile delinquent in your responses, i asked this question for a friend of mine who has a h.s. degree but no college yet but wants to be a deputy,,,,,, and i get a response re; my needing an education, how juvenile of you, now will someone with a brain answer my question can someone be hired with just a high school education. thanks to someone who can answer properly.
    You get that kind of response because you write poorly while posting a question about educational standards. When you do this you open yourself to ridicule. If that offends your sensibilities then law enforcement is most certainly not for you.

Additionally, your friend (or you) should simply contact the HR office of the agency he is interested in and get the facts from an official source. Nothing you are told here carries any weight. Only the agency can be the final word. This is particularly true in view of the fact that no matter what the "standard" might be, the Sheriff can issue a waiver for anything he wishes if the circumstances warrant it in his opinion.