How CCPD use to be
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

How CCPD use to be

http://www.nbc-2.com/articles/readartic ... =27805&z=3
    I think this is how CCPD use to be when Chief Arnold Gibbs was chief. This changed when Dan Alexander came into the office.

Re: How CCPD use to be

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    http://www.nbc-2.com/articles/readarticle.asp?articleid=27805&z=3
    I think this is how CCPD use to be when Chief Arnold Gibbs was chief. This changed when Dan Alexander came into the office.
    http://www.nbc-2.com/articles/readar...leid=27805&z=3

If your pining for the "good old days" when CCPD had the discretion to go on high speed pursuits...get over it.

The administration only reined you guys in after some spectacular f..kups that proved the guys on the street couldn't be trusted to exercise discretion and good judgment.

The last of those was 2 cape cops giving pursuit to a motorcyclist that was clocked coming of the Cape bridge a bit hot, he was speeding. He blipped the throttle and fled down CC Parkway. 2 patrol officers took off after him in hot pursuit. CC Parkway is a 35 mph zone pedestrian oriented retail business district. The officers reached speeds near 90 mph before the biker crashed into a car in front of Burger King, both officers, unable to stop due to their recklessly excessive speed, ran the biker over before skidding to a stop.

Basically a biker fled a speeding ticket and 2 cops used their discretion to wildly endanger the public for several blocks before they both ran someone over in the street. If you look at the year end report that lists all the CCPD statistics, surprise surprise the year after that incident high speed pursuits where way down because thee dumb asses among you can't be trusted to use your discretion.

Admin revoked officers discretion to go on high speed pursuits for damned good reasons.

Oh yes that was the best years at the CCPD what a shame it was a great place to work. The fab 5 have changed it for good. It's over get out now don't waste your lives on this city they will only use you and kick you to the curb. Jay can only do so much they run the show now. Good luck and be safe.

Many of us are getting out. When you have a Captain coming to our roll call basically telling us this place is going down the drain it must be bad.

Many of us are getting out. When you have a Captain coming to our roll call basically telling us this place is going down the drain it must be bad.

If going down the drain means you now have to follow laws, be responsible for your actions, not lie, steal & cheat, not beat up citizens, fake DUI arrests, harass citizens, try to convince citizens to not file complaints, have sex or sleep on the job, commit mortgage fraud, actually go to college, not just say you are for the extra $$'s, etc....then let it go down the drain. Roll call???? Thought you all stopped that, do it in your PJ's from home....what a job! Quit crying already and man up!

CCPD is a

What a great topic! Remember how "great" the department was from the start, two different departments, one run by Chief White, and one run my Capt. JC, called the "good ole boys clique." Honest officers, loyal to White, would get nothing but grief, had to worry about their fellow officers stabbing them in the back to get preferential treatment by the "clique." We had alcoholic supervisors showing up too drunk to leave the station, but they never took sick time and stayed home; we had 60 percent of the department's patrol and detective resign in one year citing poor supervision due to the "clique."; we had the Grand Jury called VIN a "rogue unit," where members borrowed cocaine from Sanibel and returned baking soda, stole money from arrestees, had sex with a teen girl informant while in uniform, on-duty, providing alcohol and drugs in a marked squad car to her; officers indicted and imprisoned; an IA Lt. indicted and convicterd for perjury; a patrol Sgt. arrested after an honest patrol officer witnessed him burglarize a business while on-duty, load up his squad with stolen goods, then drive to his home and unload them; a drunken Sgt. working on the first accreditation; a reserve officer lying in court about a traffic ticket, then changing his story to the "clique" to get the officer he was riding with fired so he could take the his job; the Grand Jury report saying Det. Capt. WA should be terminated immediately for "such a grave and serious failure of his sworn duties," but he ended up getting a youth center named after him by the political favors he made. Yes, I could go on and on and on....about the GOOD OLD DAYS OF THE CCPD AND THE "CLIQUE."

I hoped I would outlive the members of the "clique," at least their days making it tough on the honest officers who wanted to do the good job the citizens expected. I had hopes as they died off or retired that I would finally see a good department made up of great officers. Suddenly there was only one left, a most important one who figured into most every major problem in the department's four decades of history. NOW HE IS THE CHIEF!

Please please tell us more.

give us some bart stories

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast