Tpd layoffs ?? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tpd layoffs ??

Re: Tpd layoffs ??

Ahh I get it, because some of us like the way the Sheriff has moved the agency then we are asss kissers. Grow up, there is a reason why I wouldnt publicly say it for a holes like you, who cant appreciate how much he has done for us. Go ask tpd what they think of hogue and you'll get a majority saying he is unqualified and uncaring. Sheriff is neither of the two.

Ahh I get it, because some of us like the way the Sheriff has moved the agency then we are asss kissers. Grow up, there is a reason why I wouldnt publicly say it for a holes like you, who cant appreciate how much he has done for us. Go ask tpd what they think of hogue and you'll get a majority saying he is unqualified and uncaring. Sheriff is neither of the two.
    It would be if you said it once, but you keep doing it. Very odd obsession. I have never heard anyone say Hogue is unqualified, he is 100% politician and will throw you under the bus in a second to save his agencies reputation, but I'm pretty sure I have witnessed that under this administration. And for whatever reason you never give the Sheriff a compliment without bashing another agency, can you not praise him without using a degrading mark of others to strengthen your statement? It really weakens your position on leadership and character because real leaders don't need to be compared to weaker counterparts to stand out. By doing it you display a very weak character of yourself and your own lack of leadership attributes.

""When did the sheriff say no lay offs? Bean just said last week she wants him to absorb some of the 110 million shortfall. Everything I have seen stated the sheriff had made no comment on""

Get on the HCSO intranet and read Sheriff Gee's annual budget request to the BOCC. The link is in the upper right hand corner. THat will answer your questions.

Get on the HCSO intranet and read Sheriff Gee's annual budget request to the BOCC. The link is in the upper right hand corner. THat will answer your questions.
    Being u can't figure it out, let me make it easier for you. Since Pat Bean said she wants the Sheriff to absorb part of the 110 million dollar county shortfall for FY2010, what has the sheriff said? When did he make a promise or any comment at all?

The City budget Iorio is talking about and the county budget the Bean is talking about is FY2010, which takes effect in October of 2009. Iorio has not said she was "going" to lay off police officers, but if "they" (officers) did not agree to a wage freeze for FY2010 she would have to reduce positions (lay offs) to fund it. There is a big difference. Bean on the other hand did not add that clause to her statement, she clearly implied that a 1,000 layoffs would have to be implemented to close the county budget gap and wants the sheriff to take his piece of pie. Oh in case you forgot, the county approves and funds the Sheriffs budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    It appears that the mayor has drawn a line in the sand with tpd, give up your raises or layoffs are coming. For those of you who complain about Sheriff Gee, thank the man that he is fiscally smart and didnt over spend on salaries and benefits. It probably saved quite a few jobs. We may be 200 deputies down but thank goodness we re not going to have to lay any one off or eliminate specialty units like pasco eliminating its air unit. We appear to be the strongest agency around thanks to his leadership. If tpd is smart they'll think about combining services with us in a cost saving move.
    Sounds like someone is jealous that they make less than a TPD officer. Just so you know, TPD isn't down 200 positions. In fact, TPD isn't down any positions. The positions are being filled just as fast as they always have been, accounting for retirements and normal attrition. I would hope that an agency down 200 positions wouldn't need to consider layoffs either, as that's a huge chunk of the work force.

Secondly, the mayor has stated that she will not accept laying off any sworn members of either the police or fire departments. In fact, while most other city hiring has come to a halt TPD and TFR are still actively hiring sworn members. Position freezes have been proposed, but she will hear none of it if they involve sworn positions. Any layoffs that do come (and there will be some) will come from the civilian workforce.

Again, tpd's bloated salaries and benefits has caught up to them. The city has given in to the pba like a bunch of cowards and it is now back to the city council to decide tpd's fate. There is no way in hell that the council is going to vote for your side like they did for tampa fire. Iam sure the citizens would love to know that their hard earned money is paying for officers to drive to their homes two counties away. What an outrage.

Again, tpd's bloated salaries and benefits has caught up to them. The city has given in to the pba like a bunch of cowards and it is now back to the city council to decide tpd's fate. There is no way in hell that the council is going to vote for your side like they did for tampa fire. Iam sure the citizens would love to know that their hard earned money is paying for officers to drive to their homes two counties away. What an outrage.
    They don't need the council dip$hit, that is why the mayor said if they don't agree to freez there wages she would have to do lay offs. There contract has an automatic year extension if they don't agree on a new one. What bloated salaries are you talking about, they are almost in line with the Sheriffs Office, except the cost the Sheriff pays to FRS for our pension causes our salary and benefit cost to exceed the cost per officer the city pays for salary and benefits. I think everyone is well informed of TPD take home car program and it lets you go to the adjoining county, not two counties away. Next time you post something, can you make sure its a fact and not just your randon uninformed opinion. By the way, what is this hardon you have for TPD, you are obsessed with posting and reposting the same thing. Your post is on here about 5 times with the same old lame response. You started it and feel the need to keep posting. Do you have nothing else in your life to spend your time on, I feel sorry for you!

This guy is pathetic, My guess he is not any a deputy. I say mall cop at best.

"Being u can't figure it out, let me make it easier for you. Since Pat Bean said she wants the Sheriff to absorb part of the 110 million dollar county shortfall for FY2010, what has the sheriff said? When did he make a promise or any comment at all?"

And that has what to do with the intranet link I refered too?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12