Tpd layoffs ??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tpd layoffs ??

Tpd layoffs ??

It appears that the mayor has drawn a line in the sand with tpd, give up your raises or layoffs are coming. For those of you who complain about Sheriff Gee, thank the man that he is fiscally smart and didnt over spend on salaries and benefits. It probably saved quite a few jobs. We may be 200 deputies down but thank goodness we re not going to have to lay any one off or eliminate specialty units like pasco eliminating its air unit. We appear to be the strongest agency around thanks to his leadership. If tpd is smart they'll think about combining services with us in a cost saving move.

Re: Tpd layoffs ??

If you think HCSO is in the clear when the county is considering 2,000 layoffs, then you are misinformed. HCSO, like other agencies within the county, will most likely have to absorb some of the position cutbacks and spending cuts. HCSO at a minimum will probably have to eliminate open positions, implement a hiring freeze and cut back on funding for certain specialty units/programs.

It appears that the mayor has drawn a line in the sand with tpd, give up your raises or layoffs are coming. For those of you who complain about Sheriff Gee, thank the man that he is fiscally smart and didnt over spend on salaries and benefits. It probably saved quite a few jobs. We may be 200 deputies down but thank goodness we re not going to have to lay any one off or eliminate specialty units like pasco eliminating its air unit. We appear to be the strongest agency around thanks to his leadership. If tpd is smart they'll think about combining services with us in a cost saving move.
    Hey "round up" what are you talking about, a senior deputy makes for the most part the same as a MPO at TPD in base salary. You should check your facts, because the FRS payment is so expensive for the sheriff the salary and benefit cost per deputy to the sheriff is much higher than what the city pays per officer. The sheriff has confirmed this. and what is, "Oh we are 200 deputies short, but see we don't have to lay anyone off". That sounds so stupid! We are not getting a raise this year either, so based on the TBO article if TPD agrees not take a raise this October, no one gets laid off. So what is the difference then between us and them? I swear the way you go on about the sheriff I would think you want to blow him.

The HCSO can't be that poor. These were taken from the HCSO website, purchasing bid list:

SOC Security Wall / Fencing & Guardhouse $534,850 (estimated)

SOC Digital Video Recorder System and Camera System $82,352.00

HCSO Landing Pad Expansion at Vandenburg Airport , (I can only imagine the dollar amount for this....)

WCH PTS Roadway & Observation Tower $719,050.00

Hurricane Shutters for Child Protection $47,272.00

HCSO gets the bulk of its money from the same source every other county entity does and the county as a whole has indicated they will be having financial issues. This is why the county wants to have HCSO assume some of the budget cut burden. The fire dept. already has - we'll be next.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    The HCSO can't be that poor. These were taken from the HCSO website, purchasing bid list:

SOC Security Wall / Fencing & Guardhouse $534,850 (estimated)

SOC Digital Video Recorder System and Camera System $82,352.00

HCSO Landing Pad Expansion at Vandenburg Airport , (I can only imagine the dollar amount for this....)

WCH PTS Roadway & Observation Tower $719,050.00

Hurricane Shutters for Child Protection $47,272.00

My point is that the sheriff has said himself and to the bocc that there will be no layoffs at HCSO, so that is a fact. The mayor has said there is going to be layoffs if tpd gets raises, that is a fact. The tpd board is 50-50 on eliminating jobs or eliminating raises, that is a fact. The sheriff has placed us in a better position than tpd command staff. Bloated salaries and benefits has finally caught up to them. That I will give you is debatable, we at HCSO are lucky we have a smart sheriff who has a fiscal background unlike chief hogue, that is a fact.

FACT: NOT ONE TPD OFFICER HAS BEEN LAID OFF.

If you guys now make the same as an MPO, then congratulations, you deserve it. But all the deputies I talked to with over 15 years on do not make $75K.

See you at the picnic!

Quote Originally Posted by Guest

If you guys now make the same as an MPO, then congratulations, you deserve it. But all the deputies I talked to with over 15 years on do not make $75K.

See you at the picnic!
    I think you are missing the point.

If you add up what the total cost the city pays in salary and benefits for a Tampa PD officer and then add up the total cost the sheriff pays for a deputy in salary and benefits you will see they are about the same.

The only difference is the deputy works 2 hours more per week or 2 .5 weeks a year more, for about the same amount of money.

See you at the picnic!
    No one is in competition, we both due the same job and yes with the implementation of the senior deputy program, deputies who achieve that status make close to a TPD MPO. When you calculate pension cost to city officers, senior deputies likely net more. But this is not a battle we need to discuss, as I think both the Sheriff’s office and TPD are among the best agencies in the state. The original poster took a negative tone toward other agencies and that just illustrates his immaturity. It does not need to be acknowledged. Please don’t feed him. We are all law enforcement rather we green or blue. We will have perks you don't, you have perks we don't, but at the end of the day we both do pretty well for ourselves.

Round up this is for you because I know its from you,

My point is that the sheriff has said himself and to the bocc that there will be no layoffs at HCSO, so that is a fact
    When did the sheriff say no lay offs? Bean just said last week she wants him to absorb some of the 110 million shortfall. Everything I have seen stated the sheriff had made no comment on it?

The mayor has said there is going to be layoffs if tpd gets raises, that is a fact.
    Thats a choice the union and TPD will have to make, but in reality between now and the next fiscal year TPD will loose about 25 sworn officers to retirment. That alone saves the city 2 million with out a single lay off and thier officer to citizen ratio would still be about 3.0. If you read the thread on thier board, they have luxury positions worth about 2 million that could be phased out through attrition as well before the next fiscal year. Look for the smoke and mirrors, no one is getting laid off, vacant positions just won't get filled.

The sheriff has placed us in a better position than tpd command staff.
    Gee increased salaries more in his first term than Henderson did in eight, the bottom line is our sheriff and the previous one has left this agency very understaffed in the name of building pretty facilities. Basically during the good days man power was not addressed and now they could any get worse at a time crime is likely to increase.

That I will give you is debatable, we at HCSO are lucky we have a smart sheriff who has a fiscal background unlike chief hogue, that is a fact.
    I think I am going to puke, you have to be one of the worse aSS kissers I have seen. Why are so obessed with the sheriff and this man crush you have on him? Hell, why do you care about TPD raises?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast