Attention all who left FWC !! - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: Attention all who left FWC !!

you guys are such a sad pathetic bunch of losers. stand up for yourselves and stop letting the Republican politicians crap all over your faces.

At least I can calculate my retirement benefits, as I know exactly how much I will make when I retire ( that would be exactly what I make now). With my calculations I should be able to retire in 30 no 35 no.......good thing there is no mandatory retirement age.

My point is based on the fact that with the amount of officers that FWC has gained with the merger will affect the legislature's decision(s) on pay raises. I am of the opinion that if FWC had fewer officers then a pay raise might be a reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    At least I can calculate my retirement benefits, as I know exactly how much I will make when I retire ( that would be exactly what I make now). With my calculations I should be able to retire in 30 no 35 no.......good thing there is no mandatory retirement age.
    Good point, I think there will be no pay increase for at least the next 10 years, except for supervisors.

Well I think it is common knowledge that in order to make any kind of money with the state is to move up the ranks. However, I still feel that if FWC was around what the original GFC was (few hundred total) and if Florida had a state income tax then public employees would make more. Oh well I am glad they have the 208 money. I like getting 208.

If Florida had an income tax, there would be more pet projects and still no pay raise. Government employees have been so demonized as do nothings and overpaid at that, there is no way any pay increase is on the horizon.

Remember when it was suggested that the tag prices be raised $1 so we could be given a pay raise? The howls that went up about a tax increase were incredible. Then a couple of years later my tag went up $30, and guess what, still no pay raise. Where did that money go? It sure didn't find its way into a pay increase for state employees.

Face it, the pay is not going up for at least a decade, and hopefully by then I'll have left this place and found a new job.

The only thing employers (including the State of Florida) have going for them right now is a bad economy where it is tough to get a new job. Once the economy thaws, watch out, our best employees are going to jump ship in droves, leaving the sub-standard performers who couldn't get a new job anyway no matter what the economy is.

From what I have seen recently based on some of the new guys up here in NW region it's pretty tough to get hired. Most of them are pretty squared away. Gee golly there are some knuckleheads in this outfit but you get that everywhere. I still think that if Florida had a better way to generate revenue besides tourism and federal grants then a pay raise might be possible. However, until the FWC cuts back on positions then it will be hard to get a raise in today's economy. With this new merger it's going to be tougher than ever.

best decision i ever made was leaving.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345