New Guns for FHP 45's - Page 45
Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35434445

Re: New Guns for FHP 45's

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    To secure the contract of “about 3000 pistols,” Glock agreed to manufacture a special run of Gen 4 pistols chambered in .45 GAP.

So, with approximately 1600 sworn and under 400 Auxiliary, where does the other thousand come from? Reserve Troopers?

Go to myFlorida,com and search for the bid. All the info is there. I assume if we have 1600 troopers then your going to need spares. Read the bid for more info, gun for gun...

I would assume, if the Beretta were purchased for FHPA by FHP, then it would traded in for a GAP .45.

If FHPA purchased the Beretta, then it would be purchased by FHPA.

If were a business man and I had 1600 workers and 3000 guns I would make a deal to get gun for gun, and have 1400 spares for free.

You have to think down the road. "VISION". No new guns would need to be purchased for years to come.

To secure the contract of “about 3000 pistols,” Glock agreed to manufacture a special run of Gen 4 pistols chambered in .45 GAP.

So, with approximately 1600 sworn and under 400 Auxiliary, where does the other thousand come from? Reserve Troopers?

Go to myFlorida,com and search for the bid. All the info is there. I assume if we have 1600 troopers then your going to need spares. Read the bid for more info, gun for gun...

I would assume, if the Beretta were purchased for FHPA by FHP, then it would traded in for a GAP .45.

If FHPA purchased the Beretta, then it would be purchased by FHPA.

If were a business man and I had 1600 workers and 3000 guns I would make a deal to get gun for gun, and have 1400 spares for free.

You have to think down the road. "VISION". No new guns would need to be purchased for years to come.
    Good point. Besides, it's the first I've EVER heard of us having a pistol specially made for us. Maybe they will call it the "Trooper" model, or FHP Special.

Can anybody in Tallahassee (or anyone in the know) give a timeline update for the new Glocks to be put into service? I know the timeline with the new Dell's has been pretty dynamic (which was to be expected).

Last I heard the guns were delayed due to (military perhaps??) US Government orders.

Captain Succi any info? Or anybody in Tallhassee?

Thanks.

Can anybody in Tallahassee (or anyone in the know) give a timeline update for the new Glocks to be put into service? I know the timeline with the new Dell's has been pretty dynamic (which was to be expected).

Last I heard the guns were delayed due to (military perhaps??) US Government orders.

Captain Succi any info? Or anybody in Tallhassee?

Thanks.

Go to myflorida.com and look for the bid. All the info is there, by the wording in the bid the guns must be delivered by Sep. But we may get them within 3 months after the bid is awarded.

Its no secret.

I asked the question for a reason. Allow me to put it into perspective for you.

The Tasers which we received funding for, two years ago. The 4 shipments of Tasers, whereas 135 Tasers have been in GHQ Supply for the last 10 months. Hmmm... 10 months is far beyond your ideology of receiving equipment 3 months after the the equipment has been received.

Again, I'll reiterate (to anybody with some intelligence pertaining to FHP weaponry) - When will the field start receiving the new Glock pistols? I am not inquiring as to when GHQ will receive them and stockpile them per the DMS order.

Respectfully, as a side note to the previous poster... You clearly took my question in the most simple form of face-value without any forethought before posting. Sometimes you have to look outside of the box and investigate. It will make you a better trooper.

Chief smith said the Glocks were being drop shipped directly to the Troops from the vendor. When that might be, who the hell knows and I'm sure that is probably subject to change as well.

There very well may be a good reason as to why the Tasers are sitting in a warehouse for 10 months after being received by FHP. While the brass may not "owe" us an explanation, what is the harm in sending out an email with expected delivery dates and updates on the Tasers. The same applies for the Glock pistols. The FHP GHQ and Academy team could learn a lesson about communication to the field from Captain Succi. It's just basic good manners and respect for employees to keep them informed.

I was extremely skeptical at first about this caliber, however, I'm willing to give it a try. Is it an unnecessary new caliber, probably, but hey, it's a new pistol and I'm excited. I've put a lot of rounds(many thousands) through my Beretta and it's ready to be replaced.

The other troopers, one from GA and one from NY, who have posted seemed to have nothing but praise for the Glock 37. How many here have actually handled or shot the G37 yet? Probably very few. Before everyone whines and moans why not actually go to a local gun shop or gun show and get familiar with it? I think this is going to be a fine firearm.

As far as practice ammo goes. A quick search revealed American Eagle FMJ for about $0.44 a round from Ammunitiontogo.com which is the same or less than what I've found comparable .45acp for. Palmettostatearmory.com also has practice ammo for slightly more. I found Speer, Winchester, American Eagle(Federal), and Remington ammo with a quick search. It sounds like there's a Florida based company which will be able to provide ammo for a reasonable price as well. Why not go in with a couple of our squad members and buy a case or two for practice?

Frangible rounds should be available soon since it uses the same bullets as .45acp.

I can't wait for the Glock 37 to be delivered and distributed to the field.

Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35434445