Car companies

Thread: Car companies

Car companies

Who’s responsible for the state of the auto industry right now? Part of that blame needs to go to the autoworkers themselves. They and their union (which they control) over years and years have voted to include past retired members increases and additions to their pensions. Nice thought, but now look what that has caused. The cost of buying a car has skyrocketed. Carmakers can’t sell enough to cover their expenses, so the value of the stock falls, so anyone who invested with them in the market is LOSING. The only winner are those retired auto workers whose pension and bennies is more than they were getting while they worked. Hell I’d retire too.

I remember the strikes from the auto worker, who basically blackmailed the car companies to give in to their outrageous demands or get shut down. So the car companies have just passed on the burden for the pay, benefits, and pension increases to you and me.

What would it be like here if we forced the City to include every retired cop in the pay raises and pension perks (which are few). We would be in the same position as the carmakers.

Look at Tampa they voted in beanies to retired cops and their pension contribution went from 2% to 11%.

Where does it stop?

Re: Car companies

Where does it stop?
    Kentucky...

The US automakers need to do what the Japanese auto makers did....MOVE.

They moved their plant to Kentucky where here were workers who wanted a job and would work for a reasonable rate.